duda123

Advanced Rappelling

Load it together with the main rappell mod. Either place it in the same folder as the main mod or even better, create a \@AdvancedRappelling_patch\addons in your arma folder and add @AdvancedRappelling_patch to your modline :)

Forgive the nood question, but do I put the your PBO file in my mission folder?

You can take the PBO and put it inside the Advanced Rappeling's addons directory (you should see another PBO in that directory called AR_AdvancedRappelling.pbo).

See Bamse response above ^

What do people think we should do with these "realistic" rappel attachment points as we gather them?

1) Start compiling them in a new github project, and publish them as a separate optional addon
2) Add them to the Advanced Rappelling addon and use them by default
3) Add them to the Advanced Rappelling addon but make a feature toggle that lets people optionally turn them all on (via init.sqf or another pbo)
4) Don't try to consolidate and publish them

Oh, that's a good question.

First and foremost as always tho; create and release your mod the way _you_ want to have it. If someone/me does or suggests stuff that deviates from that, then I'd say 1 or 4, leaning more towards 4.

EDIT: Did some tests with your mod on tonights' op-night. Worked flawlessly on all insertions (including dropping ppl off in water, soooo much fun) except for one instance, but that was a this-works-way-to-good-so-lets-see-what-we-can-do kind of test.

We were going about 50km/h in a RHS MELB with ppl hanging in the ropes at different heights where the guy who rappelled furthest was ~30m down the rope. When we tried to slow down (not much tho :P) and drop the guy at the bottom off and the rope touched the ground, the rope became rigid like a rebar and blew the helicopter up. But then again, who would ever do it like that in a more serious setting ... so I totally consider that a non-issue.

Found some great videos others have published:

Weldrid _:

||||PROTOCOL||||:

JezaGooner:

It would be very convenient if people were willing to configure the different helicopter mods, and package them in a PBO file like Bamsa did for the RHS helicopters. That way it is plug, and play.

The files could be seperated by the different mods. One for RHS, one for CUP, and so on.

Nice work! Can you post your rappel point configurations? I'm sure others would find them useful.

AP_CUSTOM_RAPPEL_POINTS = [
	["RHS_MELB_MH6M",[[1.17,0.8,-0.04],[-1.17,0.8,-0.04],"fastrope0"]],
        ["GR_UH60_1",[[1.1671,1.397,0.8],[-1.13093,1.397,0.8],"fastrope0"]],
	["RHS_UH60M_d", [[1.43,1.92,-0.3],[-1.43,1.92,-0.3],"fastrope0"]],
	["RHS_UH1Y_UNARMED_d", [[1.43,1.92,-0.3],[-1.43,1.92,-0.3],"fastrope0"]],
	["RHS_CH_47F", [[0.7,-7.6,-1.0],[-0.7,-7.6,-1.0],"fastrope0"]],
	["RHS_Mi8mt_Cargo_vdv", [[0.6,-0.9,-0.2],[-0.6,-0.6,-0.7],"fastrope0"]],
	["rhs_ka60_c", [[1.42,1.3,-0.01],[-1.42,1.3,-0.01],"fastrope0"]],
	["RHS_Mi24V_vvsc", [[1.0,2.85,-0.3],[-1.0,2.85,-0.3],"fastrope0"]]	
];

Here you have my point configurations. I'm not sure how it would be work's on MP server with more guys on a ropes. 

I hope that one day you add a posibility to rappel more than one person on one rope ;)

This addon is a big step forward, keep it up duda :)

Regards!

P.S. GR_UH60_1 is a UH60M from Medium Utility Helicopters pack.

NICE addon 

can you call this for ai without aI being in your group

If you can how can I do it 

someone posted a video 

thanks

NICE addon 

can you call this for ai without aI being in your group

If you can how can I do it 

someone posted a video 

thanks

Yes, but you have to do it via a script.

Here's one that will rappel all units from a heli if it's <40m from the ground (named NAME_OF_HELI)

[] spawn { while { count crew NAME_OF_HELI > 1 } do { if( (getPos NAME_OF_HELI) select 2 < 40 ) then { { [_x, vehicle _x] call AR_Rappel_From_Heli_Action } forEach (crew NAME_OF_HELI); }; sleep 10; }; };

Take a guess what this is going to be...

• Like 4

Fantastic job! Almost perfect system. Maybe put in a height limit to initiate repel. Seems if done too high you go into halo.

So for any adds that people have made to use on any other mods. I think just add them into the mod to save messing around. Also with rappelling down building have it as a rope item in your bag then able to attach any where then when it attaches the lose end gets put as a nade and then you throw it forward. once done then you go down and have it as a jump away from the building each step though you might have to made sure that when using the rope you cant take fall Dmg from hitting the building. :) 

All in all mod looks amazing the rappelling looks soo smooth going down. from 3rd person and 1st and just watching from afar looks great keep it up. As this will be a fave for alot of milsim units.

• Like 1

Any chances to have a script version, so I can cut down on mods dependencies on a WIP SP campaign?

GREAT mod anyway!!!!

Thank you!

Any chances to have a script version, so I can cut down on mods dependencies on a WIP SP campaign?

GREAT mod anyway!!!!

Thank you!

1. Download source zip from here: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedRappelling/releases

2. Put the AdvancedRappelling/addons/AR_AdvancedRappelling/functions/fn_advancedRappellingInit.sqf file in your mission directory

3 Add this to your init.sqf file:

[] execVM "fn_advancedRappellingInit.sqf";

• Like 2

Anyone know what it means to make this compatible with Zeus? I never use it.

YOU'RE DA MAN!!!!!!

edit: would I be able to use the additional hook point that MARAS provided, and how?

]; 

I already packed that information in a .pbo and added to your mod folder..but script version? 

YOU'RE DA MAN!!!!!!

edit: would I be able to use the additional hook point that MARAS provided, and how?

]; 

I already packed that information in a .pbo and added to your mod folder..but script version? 

Just put that code directly in your init.sqf file.

• Like 2

Just put that code directly in your init.sqf file.

Thank you man!

duda123: we only used zeus spawned (empty) helis when we tested the other night. works 10/10.

Which heli's work with this mod from fresh install?

All

Can you add the ability to rappel out of the VTOLs like CUPs MV-22 and the new ones from APEX expansion?

I understand it might be hard to define when the VTOL is hovering, but adding this to them and having the player choose when to rappel is part of the fun.

Thanks for considering.

Can you add the ability to rappel out of the VTOLs like CUPs MV-22 and the new ones from APEX expansion?

I understand it might be hard to define when the VTOL is hovering, but adding this to them and having the player choose when to rappel is part of the fun.

Thanks for considering.

If the vehicle isn't a type of Helicopter, you can add support by updating this variable in your init.sqf file. Any vehicle in the game of the specified class types will support rappelling. See the directions on the first page. Let me know how it works! 

AR_SUPPORTED_VEHICLES_OVERRIDE = [
   "Helicopter","RHS_MELB_MH6M","..etc..."
];