duda123

Advanced Rappelling

Also check your server log. It will print out all of the mods and indicate if they were loaded.

Is there a way to limit only two people to fastroping at once? I'd rather not have six people fastroping.

Sorry, not currently

our issue was a space in it, rename the mod folder and try again (make sure the command line is changed too)

Yea its fixed now, lol. I feel stupid but it was because I didnt read the part it only works in the back of the chopper NOT by being the pilot - its working great now, thanks :)

Yea its fixed now, lol. I feel stupid but it was because I didnt read the part it only works in the back of the chopper NOT by being the pilot - its working great now, thanks :)

If you turn off the engine, the pilot can rappel... but good luck making it down before the chopper lands on top of you :)

Awesome mod, it would be so cool if we could do this in reverse and have a stretcher so we can winch people up.

Can anyone tell me the App ID for the infiStar Whitelist? As admin i can use the script without problems on my exile-server but the other players don´t see the funktion in the scroll-menu.

Is there a way to limit only two people to fastroping at once? I'd rather not have six people fastroping.

This would be a nice feature.

Would people find shooting while rappelling useful?

I have the ability to reuse the urban rappelling animation, but not sure if I want to allow shooting.

Would people find shooting while rappelling useful?

I have the ability to reuse the urban rappelling animation, but not sure if I want to allow shooting.

I'd say no. When rappeling it is all about getting to the ground safly and fast, so the helo wont be too voulnerable from RPGs etc while hovering. And you would be concentrated on the ground below you and not on enemies around to shoot at.

I'd say yes, even though I agree with Hill_G. People should definitely concentrate on their safe descent but firing a quick burst might suppress the enemy for that crucial moment. A long firefight during rappelling just because you can would probably be a bad idea (and a good lesson). :)

• Like 1

You can allready shoot from the door before you rappel. Id say its useless.

I would say  - yes, mainly because it's possible to fire from SMG or pistol in RL while rappelling and I am focused on realism. What players will do may be dictated by actual situation at DZ. Anyway, having such opportunity is more realistic than not having it.

• Like 2

I disagree, I don't believe anyone rappelling out of an unstable platform like a helo is going to draw a weapon and start shooting.  You'll get the the ground ASAP.  IMHO.

• Like 1

Well... for getting the ground quick is fastropping and there's no free hand to shoot with, unlike in rappelling. Yea, I know those rules like "stop before shoot" but also heard stories from people who would get killed if hadn't shooting in motion. War isn't clean and fair game. And if seeing AKs aimed at you while rappelling, I don't believe you wouldn't draw a weapon instead of idly continuing for several longest seconds in your life.
It's just voting so I'm gonna stick with my positive vote for having shooting capability while rappelling. 

• Like 2

As for the realism standpoint I agree with nightintruder.

having such opportunity is more realistic than not having it.

For those concerned about protocol can simply not use the feature, no harm.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Don't confuse fast roping and rappelling.  Rappelling (down a cliff face, outside of a building, whatever), you're attached to the rope by your rigger gear.  So you can have free hands.

When you fast rope out of a helo the only thing connecting you to the rope are your two hands.  Nobody is going to take a hand off the rope to discharge a weapon, let alone deal with the recoil.

YouTube is your friend.

But I guess if you want Battlefield style features, fill your boots.

• Like 4

Ok, I've decided to enable shooting by default. If anyone wants to disable it, there's an override variable to turn it off.

While aiming your weapon, the rope "spin" still applies.

v1.3 Released

- Added custom animations for rappelling (same used in urban rappelling - thanks Ruppertle)
 - Added ability to shoot while rappelling (client needs addon installed locally)
 - Added ability for player to turn left and right +- 25 degrees while rappelling
 - Added ability to rappel faster by pressing the turbo key (defaults to left shift)
 - Added override variable to disable shooting while rappelling: AR_DISABLE_SHOOTING_OVERRIDE. Set the variable to true in your init.sqf file to disable shooting while rappelling
 - Added override variable to limit number of rappel positions: AR_MAX_RAPPEL_POINTS_OVERRIDE. Set the variable to any value between 1 and 6. Defaults to 6.
 - Improved rappelling simulation so that rope doesn't lag behind player as much when helicopter is moving.
 - Improved smoothness of rappelling (less bouncing as you descend)

Find it on Steam or GitHub
  • Like 3

Don't confuse fast roping and rappelling.  Rappelling (down a cliff face, outside of a building, whatever), you're attached to the rope by your rigger gear.  So you can have free hands.

When you fast rope out of a helo the only thing connecting you to the rope are your two hands.  Nobody is going to take a hand off the rope to discharge a weapon, let alone deal with the recoil.

YouTube is your friend.

But I guess if you want Battlefield style features, fill your boots.

You made my day, mate :) I guess there was misunderstanding here due to language bariere. Please, read my words again having in mind that English isn't my native language.

Being soldier for over 20 years, I've bee doing both descending methods over the time so know the differences. And for the protocol, not only hands but also feet are in contact with a rope in fastropping. Everything I am talking about are first hand experiences, not from YT. Anyway, our discussion is already unfounded since =>

Ok, I've decided to enable shooting by default. If anyone wants to disable it, there's an override variable to turn it off.

Thanks duda! Great work as always :)

• Like 1

I've been using your other mods as scripts and they all work perfectly. However I tried adding this mod just as a script and ran into problems with animation classes being duplicated between this and the AUR stuff. Any idea on how I can fix this?