pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

no idea which one you talking about tbh, not the thatched ones in any case.

i will eventually update my portfolio to include some of the work i did in the past 2 years for arma3, most likely after final release.

Pufu is it ok if I add you on Steam? These are fantastic screenshots mate :D

https://imgur.com/a/GfZRu

Oh this 2 pairs.Just something on top of my head - if I would be freelance artist I would

try to find my assets first for sure 1.0

no idea which one you talking about tbh, not the thatched ones in any case.

i will eventually update my portfolio to include some of the work i did in the past 2 years for arma3 (BI and other personal projects including RHS), most likely after final release.

:(

I would have loved to work for A3, unfortunatly my art test wasn't  meeting the required skills by the time I passed it.

Maybe for next island ! :P

Can't wait to fly around, your screenshots are awesome ! Also, shout out to Marek for his video , haha, such a good studio commander :p

My biggest question (which if I could open it up in the editor I would know already) is do the houses have doors that close?  I'm assuming most (hopefully all) of the buildings are Arma 3 style (you can go inside them) and not the Arma 2 style as well.  

Pufu, can you say whether or not there's new ambient sounds that go with the map?  Jungleish kinda things?  Thanks for all the screenshots.  Really looks amazing.

When will the update push trough steam? Im waiting here to make my apex preorder to run smoothly but even in dev branch no apex ;-(  :unsure:

this DLC will increase FPS ??

I'm sorry but: what kind of question is this?

BTW with an I7 4770k, 16 Gb RAM, SSD samsung 850 evo and a GTX 970, i do not have any FPS issue, and i really can't figure out how an expansion (Apex is not a DLC) can increase FPS somehow

My biggest question (which if I could open it up in the editor I would know already) is do the houses have doors that close?  I'm assuming most (hopefully all) of the buildings are Arma 3 style (you can go inside them) and not the Arma 2 style as well.

yes, they have doors that close manually

Pufu, can you say whether or not there's new ambient sounds that go with the map?  Jungleish kinda things?  Thanks for all the screenshots.  Really looks amazing.

yes, jungle-ish

When will the update push trough steam? Im waiting here to make my apex preorder to run smoothly but even in dev branch no apex ;-(  :unsure:

Same issue as everyone else. Stay tuned on the forum and we can only wait.

Loving the screens PuFu is providing, makes me want to play even more. They have got me wondering though, mainly about AI path-finding in two areas.

• First one being in the small rivers/ waterways AI control over the CRRC's etc has never been amazing just hope its good enough to navigate those tight waterways.
  • Second one is in the towns, one of the pictures showed two roundabouts, on at either end of the town. Will be interesting to see how AI drivers handle those, especially in bigger vehicles.

Hey, PuFu, what about taking a shot of Tanoa with thunder, lightnings and high waves? I think it's gonna be splendid! 

• Second one is in the towns, one of the pictures showed two roundabouts, on at either end of the town. Will be interesting to see how AI drivers handle those, especially in bigger vehicles.

IA will be hard-coded to avoid them :D

Thanks to PuFu screenshots, i already have in my mind 4 missions to make, once i'll have Tanoa installed

I'm wondering if I'm experiencing a related issue. 

When I got home I logged on hoping for a resolution to the Tanoa problem. When I didn't find one I had a look on armaholic for some mods. I followed the steam workshop link and got an error processing request. I tried again. I got to the mod page but was not auto-logged into steam.

I clicked login at the top.

Same error.

I gave up.

I then tried to access a mod page from the official launcher. Exactly the same thing happened with 2 separate mods.

As much as this isn't a desperate problem I was wondering if it might be related.

Thanks PuFu, really enjoying the screenshots

Nice pics PuFu, really liking the WWII ruins and plane wrecks. Screenshots look awesome. Is there a little sugar cane train as well?

Steam servers are being hammered in Europe after looking at that outage map, people really REALLY want to play Tanoa lol :D

Doubt it, something is wrong with HTTPS on Valves end. HTTP works fine.

PuFu, is there a lot of "curious places"?

Hey, PuFu, what about taking a shot of Tanoa with thunder, lightnings and high waves? I think it's gonna be splendid!

Nice pics PuFu, really liking the WWII ruins and plane wrecks. Screenshots look awesome. Is there a little sugar cane train as well?

http://imgur.com/a/eKHoB

plus some random ones:

http://imgur.com/a/OJS5w

• Like 8

PuFu, is there a lot of "curious places"?

i am just trying to ease some of the rage here and give a lot more info that you can't really get for yourself just yet, not to spoil it for you ;)

PuFu could you take some night pics?

i already did, go back a few (more than a few actually) pages back
  • Like 1

i am just trying to ease some of the rage here and give a lot more info that you can't really get for yourself just yet, not to spoil it for you ;)

i already did, go back a few (more than a few actually) pages back

Is it ok if you take some volcano pics? I'm not sure if you have already, I'm interested in what the area/inside of it looks like :P

PuFu, thank you for your patience and tolerance and for posting all these awesome screenshots. Very much appreciated sir.

• Like 1