pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

i said not every building has interior, not that no building has interior. Understand that for the purpose of this map (not your NYC one) what they did is enough. You want skyscrapers with interior, no one is stopping you to produce these

here's just a few of the buildings interiors, not an exhaustive list though

i have yet to find some easter egs bellow surface, but i didn't spend a lot of time under tbh

Maybe I should have put it better but I did understand that they are at least partially enterable. Also, I´m not expecting completely enterable skyscraper nor do I want them. I´m talking about the same level of enterability (is that even a word) like the arma 3 vanilla ones (which btw, looks like they are according to your pics) so please don´t put it like I expect BI to cater to my specific or anyone elses specific wishes. 

Anyway, thanks for the pics  :)

@PuFu can you screenshot destruction (if exist) of bridges and the towers?

We're in the process of testing a different and unorthodox approach after discussing the situation with our Steam partners. This involves various large file uploads, so it may take some time to complete. Without it being live, we cannot yet guarantee it will work, but it's looking hopeful.

• Like 35

We're in the process of testing a different and unorthodox approach after discussing the situation with our Steam partners. This involves various large file uploads, so it may take some time to complete. Without it being live, we cannot yet guarantee it will work, but it's looking hopeful.

Thanks for the update DnA, appreciate the communication and commitment to get this working. 

The mess up has to be big, as BI's CEO himself is making videos to try to entertain people and free the team from some fanboys

Or maybe he is simply excited?

• Like 5

Thanks for all the screeshots PuFu.

Any chance we could see more of the bunkers (or the remains of them)?

And maybe some other jungle structures.

http://imgur.com/a/n3XEl

• Like 6

+1 (i have no more likes for today^^)

Looks amazing!  Can you take a few pics of the vulcano?
  • Like 2

since my afternoon meeting was canceled and i am sort of done for today, and since i am the only one active that can use the Tanoa in the dev build, i will take screens for you if needed, at least give you a preview before everything is sorted out by Steam. Don't ask for live streams

Thanks again Pufu, for taking personal time to take screenshots.  I have a question for you though. In the screenshots you have taken so far, especially of the interior i get the sense that there are quite a bit more UNIQUE structures than we had on Altis or Stratis. Would you agree with that early assumption ? Seems to be quite a bit of variety, in buildings, structures, terrain assets.

Discussion about non enterable structures took place months ago.It's the freedom of every building

enterable with cons of emptiness no furnitures and with performance downside attached to it.

For that reason they decided for mix of both.I have agreed.It's up for the real test now when

tanoa is presented to the dev branch testing.

Those bunkers and houses look amazing, they will definitely make for interesting terrains :)

Judging by the images it looks like Tanoa is a serious upgrade , visual wise, from Altis and Stratis .. 

The more of the island i see the more I like it. :) BI's maps never disappoint. :)

• Like 2

I get the feeling , i will like the Tanoa more than Altis/Stratis - because it has more colors , jungle and nostalgia from A2 Lingor island

and also reminds me the map from Boiling Point: Road to Hell mainly those bridges heh

• Like 2

In the screenshots you have taken so far, especially of the interior i get the sense that there are quite a bit more UNIQUE structures than we had on Altis or Stratis. Would you agree with that early assumption ? Seems to be quite a bit of variety, in buildings, structures, terrain assets.

there is more variety in the sense of building typology, material used etc. from the thatching roof houses, slump looking metal sheet ones (plus patchwork) to the brick ones and shops to small office buildings and everything in between.It's more diverse, and a lot more convincing that way.

having had the pleasure to have make my own small contribution towards it and worked as an external 3d artist (still not a BI dev to whoever stated that) on some of these (hence my account still being more special i assume)), i can humbly say that this island is the best work done so far by the artists and terrain people @BI. My hats of to them all, plus everyone else that worked from the shadows from project leads to the ppl that got the fantastic vis upgrade ready for it

http://imgur.com/a/GfZRu

• Like 8

and also reminds me the map from Boiling Point: Road to Hell mainly those bridges heh

WE NEED TO REMAKE IT AS A DYNAMIC SPAWN MISSION ON TANOA!!! 

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

Or maybe he is simply excited?

this

Apex was/is a significant investment for BI. Lots of man hours. Always nice to see people enjoying stuff you helped build

• Like 1

Thanx for the update...waiting :D

Pufu those 2 pictures were your work?

there is more variety in the sense of building typology, material used etc. from the thatching roof houses, slump looking metal sheet ones (plus patchwork) to the brick ones and shops to small office buildings and everything in between.It's more diverse, and a lot more convincing that way.

having had the pleasure to have make my own small contribution towards it and worked as an external 3d artist (still not a BI dev to whoever stated that) on some of these (hence my account still being more special i assume)), i can humbly say that this island is the best work done so far by the artists and terrain people @BI. My hats of to them all, plus everyone else that worked from the shadows from project leads to the ppl that got the fantastic vis upgrade ready for it

http://imgur.com/a/GfZRu

So much for hiding from 6.5 lmg's inside these  :lol:

The interiors definitely look very intersting and a lot more lively then the vanilla ones

Pufu those 2 pictures were your work?

no idea which one you talking about tbh, not the thatched ones in any case.

i will eventually update my portfolio to include some of the work i did in the past 2 years for arma3 (BI and other personal projects including RHS), most likely after final release.

Body ready, dick hard....... :pray:

• Like 1