Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Winter nogojev addon v1.0

I just released a winter version of Nogojev, the "high-resolution" Kolgujev

I made some time ago. It includes improved versions of the Winter Vehicles

and Arctic Armour addons, plus the arctic east soldiers now use the UCE

russian winter soldier textures.

Download it from my addons page at http://ofp.kege.cjb.net

Read the readme from the archive for installation instructions!

It requires OFP Resistance with 1.85 patch.

Version 1.1 is now available with the following changes:

- Added darker areas in forests

- Scripts for snowing and Northern lights

- Removed non-snowy areas from under some trees

which were causing major slowdowns on lower end systems

- Added arctic mortar soldier for west

- Land and road textures now have a tagged name to avoid

conflicts with other addons.

- Some roads had wrong roughness value (slow to drive on)

- Some non-snowy bushes/trees fixed.

- Added flare pistols for west, east and resistance

winternogojev1.jpg

winternogojev2.jpg

winternogojev5.jpg

winternogojev3.jpg

winternogojev4.jpg

Mmmm... high res winter island.

*Homer Simpson drool noise* tounge.gif

Great work Kegetys. smile.gif

Very nice work dude. This is definitely shit-my-pants type of material. Gonna download it as soon as I get home from work.

Kegety's let me ask you, is there a way that the units/vehicles etc that come with this addon would only be selectable in the mission editor when island Nogojev is loaded in? I'm no mod-making guru like you so I'm not sure if it's possible, but that way my unit list woulnd't be so infinitely long.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Oct. 29 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kegety's let me ask you, is there a way that the units/vehicles etc that come with this addon would only be selectable in the mission editor when island Nogojev is loaded in?  I'm no mod-making guru like you so I'm not sure if it's possible, but that way my unit list woulnd't be so infinitely long.<span id='postcolor'>

All the arctic units are in their own categories in the editor "Men (Arctic)" for example, just to make it easier to use and no to use them tounge.gif

taking full advantage of the dynamic classes I see.  Very clever. smile.gif

exempt from readme.txt

...Also, when tanks and reammo/refuel trucks are

destroyed they set on fire for a moment.

Fucking nice! I take it you mean the fire effects seen in the cutscene in Resistance campaign? Mmmmm. Can't wait to see what it looks like ingame.

That's looking beautiful, downloading now, can't wait for some missions to try it out smile.gif

I knew you up to somethink KEGETYS, you was quite for last weeks.

Good job man, thanks

You call that a winter island and vehicles? Where are the deer, fox and bear. smile.gif

Nice job.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 29 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where are the deer, fox and bear.  smile.gif  <span id='postcolor'>

They are hiding in the cave, which the ofp engine doesnt support so they are stuck underground tounge.gif

Very nice work, I especially like that you have made some dark rock textures with snow on them (Winter Kolgujev is quite simple, no offense wink.gif). Maybe make an updated version of Winter Kolgujev with more texture variety smile.gif. New winter soldiers and vehicles are also great.

Duh, looks like I forgot the intro animation from the zipfile (So when you exit to main menu while the island is loaded the game still continues on the background).

I updated the zip to have it, if you already have downloaded it you can just download http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/KEGnoecainS_anim.zip and extract it to the addons directory to fix that bug.

well done looking good

now if i could only get it working sad.gif

i get a error "cannot memorymap \res\addons\keg........

yes i got 1.85 and yes i deleted the old winter kolgujev

so what could it be ??

Nice job again keygetys i freaking love it....great for the new canadian based missions i be doing.

Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supergruntsb78 @ Oct. 29 2002,23:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i get a error   "cannot memorymap \res\addons\keg........

yes i got 1.85  and yes i deleted the old winter kolgujev

so what could it be ??<span id='postcolor'>

Search through troubleshooting, old problem, plenty of threads about it.

Awesome job Kegetys, just tried it out and I love the clarity of textures, the wound blood marks and the fire effect.  Just a quick question though.

1. Could you either tell me here or over PM how to add "snowstep2.wav" for the other foot?  I'm sick about sound and using the same sound with just a different pitch for both feet is annoying to me.  Just tell me what to add in the config.cpp if you will.

2.  Any chance that vehicle fire could be accompanied by a sound as well ?  And have the sound decrease in volume along with the flame intensity over time ? I have shitload of great, clear sounds.

Great work Kegetys! wow.gif

After you teased us with the Winter Nogova pics last week, I was already gathering the mob to hunt you down, torture you with Peter Pan pics until you to gave us the pbo. I think you're off the hook now! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Great idea to include the UCE units, too!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Oct. 29 2002,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duh, looks like I forgot the intro animation from the zipfile (So when you exit to main menu while the island is loaded the game still continues on the background).

I updated the zip to have it, if you already have downloaded it you can just download http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/KEGnoecainS_anim.zip and extract it to the addons directory to fix that bug.<span id='postcolor'>

The game still seems to play. That zip file contains a folder "KEGnoecainS_anim" which contains another folder "intro.kegnoecain_snow" which contains two files "cami.sqs" and "mission.sqm". You sure that folder shouldn't be PBOed ? In neither case it doesn't seem to work and in the updated ZIP you don't mention anything in the readme.

in my math class, my teacher has a board with pictures of people's personal heroes.

Guess who i'm going to nominate biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

THANK YOU KEGETYS!

oh btw kegetys, it might be a good idea to MakePBO future addons.

Much easier for the 56K folks.

great job Keg smile.gif

just in time for winter smile.gif i get no snow here where i live, but this will substitute for it. biggrin.gif