Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Winter nogojev addon v1.0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 05 2002,08:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shoot a few bullets from your standard issued arctic XM scoped rifle into a house and the house is destroyed.<span id='postcolor'>

This has happened on other islands for me too, at least with Winter Kolgujev it happened when loading some other island first, and then loading winter kolgujev... I have no idea what could be causing that and no idea how to fix it really tounge.gif

I found a little "bug" from the snow and northern light scripts... They seem to cause lag on dedicated servers. While there is no real fix for that, a simple solution is not to run them at all on the server as they are useless there anyway.

If there will be a new version of the addon someday I will fix it there (make the scripts exit when the dedic. server runs them), meanwhile an effective solution is doing the following in the mission that uses them:

instead of doing

[] exec "\KEGnoecain_snow\script\snow.sqs"

do

if (name player != "Error: No Vehicle") then {[] exec "\KEGnoecain_snow\script\snow.sqs";};

This does not run the script if the name of "player" is "error: no vehicle" which is what it is on a dedicated server where there is no player wink.gif

You mean that there is a player named "Error : No Vehicle" running on dedicated server?!!?

So conditions like : (not local player) would not work?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Nov. 05 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean that there is a player named "Error : No Vehicle" running on dedicated server?!!?<span id='postcolor'>

well, no... there is no "player" on a dedicated server, so its objNull, objNull has no name so "name player" returns "Error: No Vehicle" on the dedicated server, on clients it returns the local player name.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 05 2002,22wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few coop missions for this island are available, Crimson Frost by me and a winter version of the classic Maskirovka by Blake. Get them from http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/missions.php<span id='postcolor'>

With your mission I get a complaint about a missing "keguzi" addon, and thus can't start the mission. Got the complete Russianl Weapons pack V1.1, Winter Nogojev 1.1 and of course OFPR 1.85.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Nov. 06 2002,00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 05 2002,22wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few coop missions for this island are available, Crimson Frost by me and a winter version of the classic Maskirovka by Blake. Get them from http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/missions.php<span id='postcolor'>

With your mission I get an complaint about a missing KEGUZI addon, and can't start the mission. Got Your full Weapons pack V1.1, Winter Nogojev and of course OFPR 1.85.<span id='postcolor'>

Duh.. it works now, I uploaded a wrong version file tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 05 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duh.. it works now, I uploaded a wrong version file <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, works fine now! smile.gif

Thanks for making a great winter map Kegetys but I have a problem. Apparantly I downloaded your map with the first version but the thing is that I have a 56k and do not really want to redownload the whole thing just to get the snow and lights. I have a good computer so all the other stuff like snowy grounds in forests doesnt matter to me but I would really like to make it snow. Would you please release the scripts as a seperate pbo?confused.gif  or something like that. It would really help me out a lot.

Des

To Kegetys

1) THANK YOU, i could write a whole forum on how good WN is but I think you already know this wink.gif

2) I DLed Crimson Frost and put it on our server, yet there were strange things happening, at first i see my teamates waist deep in snow - and I'm thinking - aw man this is cool you even sink into the snow sometimes DEEP SNOW biggrin.gif

But then i see someone floating 5M above the ground - running in mid air :S and even tanks (image quality reduced, so no comments on the shitty looking screeny plz wink.gif)

wnbug.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 07 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) I DLed Crimson Frost and put it on our server<span id='postcolor'>

Is it a linux server?

New misison for Winter Nogojev! 1-6 players, It's my first mission, but download it anyway it aint that bad.

It uses Kegetys Spectate script.

Requires:

Winter Nogojev

TJP Pavehawk snow camo

U.S.S. Ashland 48 LSD

Kegetys Russian Weapons Pack

so go download it here  biggrin.gif test it and tell me what you think! I've worked 2 weeks on it so please download it and give me some feedback  biggrin.gif

Edit: and its called Escape from the cold

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 07 2002,13wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 07 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) I DLed Crimson Frost and put it on our server<span id='postcolor'>

Is it a linux server?<span id='postcolor'>

No

and both server and client are 1.1, played map a few times, everyone gets this problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 07 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and both server and client are 1.1, played map a few times, everyone gets this problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I have no idea what could be causing that for you, it works for me and our server... I have had those "hovering tanks" in a few missions when running the linux dedicated server.

Edit: like this http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/bugittaa.jpg tounge.gif

Maybe it could be somehow related to the fact that the server is under very heavy load (9 fps on my server on that mission)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 07 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 07 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and both server and client are 1.1, played map a few times, everyone gets this problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I have no idea what could be causing that for you, it works for me and our server... I have had those "hovering tanks" in a few missions when running the linux dedicated server.<span id='postcolor'>

I think the reason might be that some players still were using the old version - because not everyone was above or below ground. The players that had the same version as the server and myself (1.1) didn't sink into the ground, while those still using the old (1.0) were above or below the usual hight sometimes. On the other hand those running 1.0 might have seen us wrongly positioned, too (don't know for sure).

I guess it's caused by a slight difference in the interpolation of the elevation model used in the two map versions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ Nov. 07 2002,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the reason might be that some players still were using the old version...<span id='postcolor'>

Well I dont see how that would cause the same thing to happen on Everon and other islands too (Plus my screen was taken when Winter Nogojev didnt even exist)... plus the terrain topography of Winter Nogojev versions 1.0 and 1.1 should be pretty much the same as I have not touched it at all from the original Kolgujev wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Nov. 07 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 07 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and both server and client are 1.1, played map a few times, everyone gets this problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I have no idea what could be causing that for you, it works for me and our server... I have had those "hovering tanks" in a few missions when running the linux dedicated server.<span id='postcolor'>

You will find the answer in Mutiplayer forum topic I am currently writing.

Kegetys,

I tried to download your russian weapons pack but when i open it i get an error message and there is no file inside the zip.

Redownload it, it sounds like a corrupt file.

RED

Thanks Red,

i was able to find it at another site, i just thought i would let kegetys know in case there was some other problem.

Found a bug: when using the East Heavy Grenadier (KEGSHeavyEG) it is equipped with the same stuff as the standard Grenadier (KEGSSoldierEG).

Edit: this is with V1.1

Lol. found a bug too.

- Some trees seem to have leaves.

- Some trees/bushes grow inside houses.