Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Proper release of the littlebirds

the lb's rock , one of the best addon ever

i like the idea of the "fixed mp5"

one question,

when I fly fast and pitch the nose down the lb crash to the ground, is that a bug?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Oct. 29 2002,15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one question,  

when I fly fast and pitch the nose down the lb crash to the ground, is that a bug?<span id='postcolor'>

no , it's you who can't pilot it correctly

it's the same thing for every ofp helicopter ...

Excellent addon. handles like a dream, think I'll remake my Little Birds CTF using these puppys. Great work BAS. Keep it up.

This is a bit offtopic but excuse my lack of knowledge, I really need to know: Is the littlebird also known as Hughes 500?

Edit: fixed a really terrible typo smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Oct. 29 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a bit offtopic but excuse my lack of knowledge, I really need to know: Is the littlebird also known has Hughes 500?<span id='postcolor'>

the h6's are modified md500

BAS, your ah-6/mh-6 addon is excellent.  The textures are great and so is the model.

There is only one problem, I cannot find 2 of the addons required for the demo mission TJP PAvehawk (Euro Camo) (TJP_Pavehawk.pbo)

& sebremington (From SebDeltaWeapons).  Could someone please post a link or tell me where I can find these addons?  Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ Oct. 29 2002,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Ballistic Addon Studio's Littlebird pack can be found at the following sites.

Ballistic Addon Studios

OFP-Zone.de

ofp.info

A link to the fixed demo mission can be found in this thread.

ofpec LB thread

Sorry for the mixup.

enjoy!

SelectThis<span id='postcolor'>

I can't access the ofpec forum could you post the link here please sad.gif

Personally I think that Drakkhen's MH-6J is a little better then the Ballistics version because of the better interior textures and it DEFINITELY has superior handling. A big problem with the Ballistics Little Birds is that their handling is really cumbersome. It feels like I'm flying a Chinook or a Mi-17 HIP as the damn things don't want to turn sharply and I have to really fight with the mouse to get them to turn quickly.

Drakkhen's MH-6J in comparison is extremely quick in its ability to turn. I hope that there will be a patch that will enhance the way the helicopter handles so that they match Drakkhen's MH-6. (Otherwise I hope Drakkhen makes a AH-6 also). I also like the higher pitched engine sound of Drakkhen's MH-6J, but I'm not sure which sound is closer to the real thing as it's been awhile since I've heard a real one. But if I remember correctly the ones on BHD had a little higher pitch to the rotor sound...but again I'm not sure.

On the positive side, the ultra-high firing rate on the miniguns is very nice and the new pilots look absolutely superb! I wish they could make some Delta Force and Ranger units because so far SEB's very old Delta Force units are still the best looking. All the other Delta Force and Army Ranger addons that I've seen have been VERY disappointing including the new ones that have not come out yet, but that have had pictures posted.

But back to the Little Birds... If Ballistics can get the handling improved I think they'd have a really solid and very realistic addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

... are you kidding me? they handle like a dream!! best addon i've ever seen for flashpoint..... ive been waiting over six months for the RIGHT little birds to be released, and these are definitely them.  keep up the excellent work guys!!!    biggrin.gif

oops almost forgot, i LOVE how all of the instruments are WORKING! the altitude, airspeed, artificial horizon, and rate of climb are all so cool and accurate!

I can't seem to get the addon to work  confused.gif i put the 4 pbo's in the addon folder and i have 1.46 but when i go to the editor and look under air no little birds. i've never had a problem with addons befor can someone help

Have you downloaded the zip for 1.46/1.75 or for 1.85? Also when you extract the zip into your addons folder, it makes a new subfolder from where you have to move the pbos to addon folder itself.

it might also be that the zip might have a mistake in it, as with the 1.85 version you have 4 pbo's but i dont think the 1.46 one was meant to (not too sure as i was asleep as this was properly released) and im on a 56k so im not gonna download the 1.75/46 version just to sort this bug out smile.gif

the pbo's in the 1.85 zip are:

bas_lbs.zip

bas_lbs185.zip

bas_soar.zip

bas_soar185.zip

now if you see the 185 files in the 1.46 dl im guessing somethings gone wrong and you should only install the other two...im not sure, which is why i need to know the file names smile.gif

I have 1.46 too , i downloaded the 1.46 versions, i extracted the 4 files on my desktop and placed those 4 files directly in the Addons folder of my OFP installation.

bas_lbs.pbo

bas_lbs146.pbo

bas_soar.pbo

bas_soar146.pbo

The littlebirds are not in any of the units menus of the editor , east, west, resistance or civilian

I even checked the empty unit menu

I dont know what can be wrong, at this moment, i dont have any other addon installed , the install is fresh i reinstalled OFP yesterday and i have not put any of the addons i had in back up yet (so it cannot be an addon conflict)

ok then im guessing theres been a mistake, im sure stt said he had fixed the seperate section names, i suppose all 1.75 and under users will have to wait until stt can fix it, sorry sad.gif

the four pbo's i put in addon folder are bas_lbs.pbo, bas_lbs146.pbo, bas_soar.pbo, bas_soar146.pbo and there not inside of any other folder there just sitting in the addons folder

Probably , i remember there was a mistake at the first release of the 1.46 version of the HK pack too.

I hope they will find the time to fix it , it looks very good.

what does the 1.75 refer to in the 1.46/1.75 i know that 1.46 is most resent version of OFP but what is 1.75confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (netops2001 @ Oct. 29 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what does the 1.75 refer to in the 1.46/1.75 i know that 1.46 is most resent version of OFP but what is 1.75confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it's Resistance

1.75 is the version of the retail Resistance before patching to 1.85

*Edit* oops, someone already answered