Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Proper release of the littlebirds

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 19 2002,06wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes of coarse its day time.  That is why you have filters... so you can use them during the day.   However I'm not familiar with the binoculars he's using so I'm not for sure if those are dual day/night binocs or if they are just regular high power binoculars. <span id='postcolor'>

Definitely not the case - here's the proof:

0,1020,225258,00.jpg

0,1020,225256,00.jpg

Someone must have shown him how to take the caps off!

tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

Uhhh -- presidents and binocs. Check snopes.com. They're fake.

Miles Teg: thanks for the kind words on the mines.

The AP mines have an explosive charge that's not range-specific (so if you're standing behind a claymore, you will get killed).

As for the "toe poppers" -- yes, you're right. If you're standing on top of them, you will get killed instead of just losing your legs. It's tough. In OFP the only way to make a soldier completely incapacitated is to kill him. We opted for this solution (and the close-in killing is done by a CoCmineblastlight I believe). If you want to fiddle with it, you'll have to de-pbo it. The POMZ-2M and Apple both run the Pomzfire.sqs script. To remove the blast, simply change the server-side CoCMineBlastLight with CoCMineBlastSpoof (or whatever it's called -- it's in the client-side part of the script). Of course, if you want to redistribute, talk to us first smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dinger @ Nov. 27 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh -- presidents and binocs. Check snopes.com.  They're fake.

The AP mines have an explosive charge that's not range-specific (so if you're standing behind a claymore, you will get killed).

As for the "toe poppers" -- yes, you're right.  If you're standing on top of them, you will get killed instead of just losing your legs.  It's tough.  In OFP the only way to make a soldier completely incapacitated is to kill him.  We opted for this solution (and the close-in killing is done by a CoCmineblastlight I believe).  If you want to fiddle with it, you'll have to de-pbo it.  The POMZ-2M and Apple both run the Pomzfire.sqs script.  To remove the blast, simply change the server-side CoCMineBlastLight with CoCMineBlastSpoof (or whatever it's called -- it's in the client-side part of the script).  Of course, if you want to redistribute, talk to us first smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not had a chance to play with the mines yet (glad someone finally did them!wink.gif, but from what you said here, hows this for a suggestion?

To make the mines nonlethal, and at the same time take the trooper out of the fight, is there any way to slap a "removeallweapons this" on troops with damage over a certain level?

Just a thought. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 23 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the MH47E where im working on is not far away from release, im only waiting for the new minigun model with textures, after that its only fixing the proxys and making readme, exe install etc  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Okay I have a question vixer. Would it be usefull to have the back door on the CH 47 open and having a mg/minigun there. Because I remeber seeing in real life they did that. I would think it would be better too for combat situations.

Or am I wrong?

the MH-47E now has an openin ramp, check the latest screens here at Ballistic Addon Studios, but due to the game engine limits, we cannot include a second gunner... so you're gonna have to use the one in the front left hand door....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dinger @ Nov. 28 2002,05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh -- presidents and binocs. Check snopes.com.  They're fake.

As for the "toe poppers" -- yes, you're right.  If you're standing on top of them, you will get killed instead of just losing your legs.  It's tough.  In OFP the only way to make a soldier completely incapacitated is to kill him.  We opted for this solution (and the close-in killing is done by a CoCmineblastlight I believe).  If you want to fiddle with it, you'll have to de-pbo it.  The POMZ-2M and Apple both run the Pomzfire.sqs script.  To remove the blast, simply change the server-side CoCMineBlastLight with CoCMineBlastSpoof (or whatever it's called -- it's in the client-side part of the script).  Of course, if you want to redistribute, talk to us first smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I guess I could just use that old "toe-popper" script that came out a while back.  That should work ok.  It basically just cam_creates a grenade under ground at a depth where it doesn't usually kill the soldier when it blows up.   I'll have to try that one out on some of your smaller mines.  However it's just those little toepopper AP mines (I forgot the model#) that it would be realistic for.  The others are larger AP pressure mines that tend to really tear you up and definitely can kill you by blowing your hole feet/legs off while sending a large amount of shrapnel up into your crotch.  

As for the claymore, yeah I just tested them again standing close to it in back and yeah...it got me.  smile.gif  

Damn frogs!   In Delta Force Land Warrior, my squad (The Gun Dogs) called the claymores in the game "frogs" because they had a nasty way of jumping out at you.   smile.gif  

Will there be any more mines released by your team?  There are a few more that would be useful.  The Russians have a "bouncing betty" bounding mine called the OZM-4 Image1361.jpg

and a newer version called the OZM-72.

Image1363.jpg

Another nasty and extremely lethal bounding mine is the Italian made Valmara-69 pictured below.  

val69.gif

Also the Russians have a copy of the claymore mine called the MON-50.  It basically looks just like the claymore so you wouldn't really need to retexture it.  Just rename a copy of your claymore model and textures for the Russian side.    

Image1352.jpg

Info and more pictures of various Russian mines can be seen at: http://www.pmulcahy.com/russian_mines.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Bas team is it ready to release the MH-47E now Vixer tolded 4 days ago in 3/4 days we release the MH-47E and the Kiowa warrior pack in a week confused.gif

So taday release of the MH-47E smile.gif

Release it tomorrow smile.gif <I could use a birthday present, besides the 19" monitor my daughter got me>