sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

Well , I just got up .... :P I didn't anticipate google drive falling over .. ahh well .

I'm uploading to mega when its done I will post the links

When using zues the Slick Huey Does not show

Yes, the exact same thing happened with me.  I had 3 Hueys and ordered them to seek and destroy to this location.  Only one helicopter moved exactly like you described, slowly came to the seek and destroy point increasing in altitude then hovered at max altitude.  The other two helicopters had their crews eject and parachute down while the pilot stayed in a hover without moving.  Strange.  This is under the latest Arma 3 Release Candidate build too.

I'm on Dev and this has been happening with RHS Apaches.

The fact that you have an A6 Intruder and an E-2 Hawkeye makes me moist. 

• Like 1

Hey do you guys know if your mod is compatible with Alive? I've been trying to build one for the community but it seems Alive would rather just give me a infinite loading screen.  :P

• Like 1

Hey do you guys know if your mod is compatible with Alive? I've been trying to build one for the community but it seems Alive would rather just give me a infinite loading screen.  :P

Took the post right out from under my fingers. To adequately re-create the battles of the vietnam war we will require ALIVE's Virtual AI module to allow for hundreds and in some instances thousands of VC forces to be involved in the battle. ALIVE has made the entire system open source so adding UNSUNG assets shouldn't be any issue for the community after the faction classes names are named and terrain info released. 

From one vietnam buff to apparently a whole team of likeminded enthusiasts; Thank You for all the dedicated hard work and continued commitment that i know it must take to coordinate the talent and all the time you guys spent on the project,

**BTW,, the torrent link is DL'ing very fast! I got the whole mod in less that 20 minutes and will continue to seed limitlessly for the days ahead**

The mod is outstanding.  

My only question (and it's a fairly large one) is will the final version units ultimately be configured to be used with ALiVE?  I tried using Bravo version and got the "this faction has no configured units, etc." message.

I'm salivating to set up some persistent Campaigns with this outstanding mod.

So I've done some investigating, and it appears mods like: Alive, MCC, ect. Cannot work properally because the Unsung maps don't have any predifined zones to spawn units. Atleast I think thats what it is, I know it's something to do with the maps and not the units. All the factions seem to work just fine.

Btw, to anyone wondering about the classnames, just go to the config viewer in the Arma 3 Editor.

2.1 seed/peer ratio now on that torrent, nice.  

The fact that you have an A6 Intruder and an E-2 Hawkeye makes me moist. 

The maps aren't indexed for ALiVE in the latest release

So I've done some investigating, and it appears mods like: Alive, MCC, ect. Cannot work properally because the Unsung maps don't have any predifined zones to spawn units. Atleast I think thats what it is, I know it's something to do with the maps and not the units. All the factions seem to work just fine.

Btw, to anyone wondering about the classnames, just go to the config viewer in the Arma 3 Editor.

I don't think that's accurate.

I tested with the unsung faction classes on Stratis (which is an indexed ALiVE map).  None of the Unsung factions would spawn on Stratis when I used their faction names.  I got the "there are no air/land/naval config units for faction xyz, etc."

• Like 1

how do baynets and k bars work?

think its already been said that they aren't functional in this version, instead we got the awesome slick :D

I tested with the unsung faction classes on Stratis (which is an indexed ALiVE map).  None of the Unsung factions would spawn on Stratis when I used their faction names.  I got the "there are no air/land/naval config units for faction xyz, etc."

The factions have to be in this format to work with ALiVE 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings

I've tested Alive with Unsung on Altis and got no errors running the mission. Everything appears to be in order and no config errors are being reported on my side. Make sure you download the Unsung Bravo update from their link, or from the nice Torrent someone uploaded today.

To further my investigation I have added the exact same scripts and modules from the Vietnam map to the Altis map. The mission loads and runs smoothly on Altis, however on the Vietnam map it gets stuck on a infinite loading screen. My guess is that Arma can't figuer out where to spawn units (since the map is not indexed) and it just gets stuck in a infinite loop. Hopefully this can get patched soon, as I am sure many of us would love to play some Unsung, Alive, combo mission.

I've tested Alive with Unsung on Altis and got no errors running the mission. Everything appears to be in order and no config errors are being reported on my side. Make sure you download the Unsung Bravo update from their link, or from the nice Torrent someone uploaded today.

To further my investigation I have added the exact same scripts and modules from the Vietnam map to the Altis map. The mission loads and runs smoothly on Altis, however on the Vietnam map it gets stuck on a infinite loading screen. My guess is that Arma can't figuer out where to spawn units (since the map is not indexed) and it just gets stuck in a infinite loop. Hopefully this can get patched soon, as I am sure many of us would love to play some Unsung, Alive, combo mission.

Yea thats an indexing issue

yeah in the WIP thread this was discussed.

Our roadmap has always had ACE and ALIVE compatibility in charlie or delta release.

Rebel joined the team a few weeks ago and has been mapping all of the requirements for ACE compatibility, and gradually implementing them for us.

This is the kind of support we need with ALIVE and TFAR too. If we can have a dedicated guy who works on those compatibilities, and is happy to research and document the changes needed, comparing working compatible mods configs with ours, then please PM me or sgt_savage

meanwhile enjoy what you have.

btw in all of our extensive testing I never tested AI behaviour in flight.

Also all our flight models changed about a month ago, probably due to a BIS update.

We didn't have time to go through and understand what they did, so close to our release.

Also, we have not properly implemented physX in our vehicles yet, so you may experience some odd behaviours.  Try to cope for now!

• Like 2

For those waiting for ALiVE compatibility, I'm probably going to (re-)index Da Krong and perhaps the other new map this weekend. :)

• Like 2

Does the uniform pack have to be uploaded like a mod like @uns_uniforms?

No drop them in your addons folder

Anyone wishing to promote an Unsung clan can register on the Unsung forum and make a thread here

I seem to be having problems getting this to run on my server, its probably a mistake my end.  But to get this to work do you extract it with 7zip, then upload the @UNSUNG_3.0_BRAVO folder to the server, and create a commandline @UNSUNG_3.0_BRAVO in order for it to work.  Tried for hours yesterday without success, whenever i tried to load up the missions it would spend quite a time loading up then just go back to original setup screen.

edit: i keep getting the message displayed as seen below, Ive tried re uploading the file but always the same problem

20160528111944_1_zps9t3m9e8z.jpg

Are you adding -mod=@unsung_3.0_bravo in the command line ?