johnnyboy

[IMPROVED] Property of Mabunga - Apex Upgrade [COOP/SP/PvP]

Great Mission Man! Any chances of you releasing the custom uniform textures as Stand alone mod? :D  :D  :D  :P  :P  :P  They are awesome??? 

Another testament to how cool this mission is..........Property of Mabunga really is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Another testament to how cool this mission is..........Property of Mabunga really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Two more "gifts" from Property of Mabunga posted on the Editing forums:

And there's still more to come...

:cheers:

• Like 2

Thanks Zagor!  I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.  Do you have any problems or highlights to report?  (please use spoiler tags for highlights!).  Also, if you have time, please comment and rate on steam to help get this mission noticed (it would be much appreciated).

Regarding the custom uniform textures, I don't plan a mod, but I do plan to publish a little "how to" information in the editing forum.  The textures are just .jpg and .paa files you put in the mission folder, and then you put this line in the unit's init field (or script it somewhere else):

this SetObjectTextureGlobal [0,"tiger.jpg"];

The trick is centering a logo on the back or front of a shirt using some image editing tool, and I will post a "how to make centering shirt logo easier" blurb in the editing forums later.

I already commented in the workshop and rate it....Quote from that: "Great ambiance...really immersive.The foggy swamp,sounds, custom uniforms and those "human Flags" (just not to spoil much) really does for me. Great, GREAT work mate!!!"

No problem so far!!! ;)    

BTW; thank you for sharing you knowledge ..really looking forward to that tutorial video.!!!

• Like 1

I wanted to try this mission but upon starting in the raft going up river, I was shot to kingdom come before arriving at the destination. I did load it with AI mods so should I disable those (VCOM, AISS FOS or GL5 FX)?

Hey Valken,thanks for trying the mission.  I don't play with any mods, so I don't know if that has any effect.  95% or more of the time player should survive river insertion.  Rarely, the zodiac gets hit by a rocket and gets taken out.  What exactly happened? 

You have 8 playable units, with 4 in one boat, and 4 in another, so it would be really weird if they all got killed during insertion.  In MP the mission is "respawn to group" so you automatically spawn to next unit when killled.  In SP, you can "switch" to another playable unit after being killed.

When I play solo, I run it under multi-player (start a LAN server and download the mission from Steam). That way I can play as either Nato or CSAT.  When you do that, be sure to choose a Squad Leader slot.

Hi Johnnyboy,

I was playing in SP mode (scenarios) so maybe that was the issue. I will try to run a LAN session and see how it goes.

In SP mode, I start as CSAT on the left of the boat, not sure if Team Leader, and we proceed to get peppered by the Skinnies. Then either I get shot enough to FALL OFF the boat (yes, the dead bodies eventually fall off as I look around) or we get lucky and each RPG for breakfast.

By this time I usually see another raft on its side. 

It may be VCOM or AISS FOA... those AI mods make the OpFOR (relative to the player) super aggressive and they aim a LOT better. I will turn it off and see what happens.

But your scenario atmosphere is fantastic and hope to play more of your works soon.

Thanks for the details Valken.  I'm betting its the aggressive MOD AI.  My goal was for the zodiac insertion to be exciting WITHOUT killing the player, as that would be a frustrating turn off, but there is still a small risk (see the spoiler below).

All:  If you haven't played the mission yet, don't read this spoiler:

There's damage handlers on the AI and boats to greatly reduce damage taken during insertion, but it is still possible to get killed. But it is quite rare, as I have tested this hundreds of times.  These damage handlers are removed after the insertion is complete.  I wonder if my EventHandlers conflict with MOD eventhandlers...unfortunately that would be too complicated for me to fix.

If you're able to play the mission after turning off the mods, please take the time to comment and rate on steam.   Thanks again for your report.

Sorry for the off topic,but.....I have been toying with that command...

this SetObjectTextureGlobal [0,"tiger.jpg"];

and WOW wasn't that easy!!!!

arma3_2016_05_15_13_43_12_13.jpg

Experimental winter multicam for spetsnaz WIP mission :P

arma3_2016_05_15_14_31_19_98.png

Alternative version :P

winter3color.jpg

3 color winter camo :D

germa_winter2.png

German winter :P

winter_camo_fleck.png

Winter woodland? :D

Sorry for hijacking your post JohnnyBoy...but you created a monster :D  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

@Dzou:  Sweet!  Please report back here on how it went (but use spoiler tags where appropriate :) ).  Thanks.

In other news, I documented my technique for randomly choosing 3 of 6 camp locations to have populated at mission start:  how to remove collections of objects at runtime to increase replayability

• Like 1

May i be so bold as to suggest adding a signature to your profile linking all the goodness you've given to the community over the last few days, you have been very, very generous....spread the word!  ;)

May i be so bold as to suggest adding a signature to your profile linking all the goodness you've given to the community over the last few days, you have been very, very generous....spread the word!  ;)

^^^THIS+1!!!!!! ;)

Thanks guys, I should do that.  Conincidentally, I just created that list in this mission's original post above (see bottom of original post).  Here I list the 3 awesome scripts I got from other sources, and I list all the scripts I've released over the last week, and list all the scripts I still plan to release in the coming days.  Check it out.  Still more to come!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I should do that.  Conincidentally, I just created that list in this mission's original post above (see bottom of original post).  Here I list the 3 awesome scripts I got from other sources, and I list all the scripts I've released over the last week, and list all the scripts I still plan to release in the coming days.  Check it out.  Still more to come!

Apparently I have used up my quota of likes for today, so needless to say I like this post ^^    (we really need to start a campaign against BIS to end this subterfuge...I demand more likes... :P) 

Nice mission! Too bad I was shot early :D

• Like 2

A very interesting mission, with a lot of extra effort put into it. Very well done.

• Like 2

Nice mission! However it was rather laggy, I suppose due to number of units. We saw some nice action and encountered nice easter eggs. However, the extraction birds were destroyed with the hostage and the team in a mortar(?) strike... How are we suppose to avoid that?

• Like 1

@Varanon, AlWarren, wrongway:  Thanks guys, I appreciate you playing it and taking the time to post.  Any feedback on balance?  Too easy for a coop team?  Too hard?  How many guys were in your coop session? 

Also, if you have time to rate it on Steam, I'd appreciate it.

@Variable:

However, the extraction birds were destroyed with the hostage and the team in a mortar(?) strike... How are we suppose to avoid that?

There's definitely no mortars.  But...

There are AA pirates, and they often hit the chopper (usually before boarding). If you're CSAT and extracting, I have triggers that set the birds as setCaptive true once you get over the water, so you should be home free after that. Also I scripted the choppers to be setCaptive true once the tail rotor was taken out, so they normally take one rocket hit, then do an emergency landing. If your chopper is hit, you can usually survive the landing, and go to plan B (for CSAT find a boat, for NATO walk or find a vehicle).  So its possible my triggers aren't foolproof, or two separate AA fired at the same time, so the chopper is hit twice before the setcaptive code can prevent another AI from shooting at it.  With hundreds of run-throughs, chopper hits usually occurred with NATO, and we survive the landing.  Chopper hits for CSAT most often occurred before choppers were boarded.

Thanks for running the mission. It sucks to make it to the choppers then get taken out for reasons outside your control.  I'll look into it.  A few more details from you could help.

Were you playing as CSAT or NATO?  Were the chopper over water when you were hit?  How was the balance?

Also, was it laggy throughout?   Or mostly in the beginning?

Also note that I strive for replayability:   There are 6 total camp locations, of which 3 are chosen at run time.  Then within those 3 camps, the objectives are randomly dispersed (hostage, fuel truck, admiral Mabunga).  So each play through is different.

• Like 1

Released another script that came from this mission:   When fired upon, Units in fixed defender positions will duck down and pop up to return fire.  Makes attacking fixed positions more dynamic.  Go here to see the script details:  JBOY Combat Up and Down

• Like 2

I've released 2 more scripts from this mission:  Patrol Chatter, and AI Lights On/Off.  Get the details here:  JBOY Patrol Chatter and Lights On/Off.

Turn up your volume for this video, as the AI commands are hard to hear for some reason.  They sounded louder in-game.

Here's another script that is a byproduct of this mission:  JBOY FFV Fall From Vehicles

If you've tried that mission, please rate and comment on Steam.  I'm hoping to get enough ratings to merit "stars" on steam before Apex/Tanoa is released (once Tanoa is released, Altis missions will get less attention).

You get bonus points if you spot the Easter Egg in the video! B)

• Like 1

Haha what the heck - did you script that eagle catching the snake in?? :D

I've released 2 more scripts from this mission:  Patrol Chatter, and AI Lights On/Off.  Get the details here:  JBOY Patrol Chatter and Lights On/Off.

Turn up your volume for this video, as the AI commands are hard to hear for some reason.  They sounded louder in-game.

You got the birds to fly over in a v formation?

Could we do this for AI in helo's

Awesome.