Just dropping by to say thank you for the quality mods. Your steam workshop All in One collection really made it super simple to make sure everything is downloaded, and I know now that it's all up to date since NIArms came out.

Cheers.

Toadie, I gotta tell you something. Now, you know how much I admire your work. Top notch. Awesome work. But I need to let you know something. Every time I reload the M60 or the M249 I cringe in unbelievable horror you can't possibly imagine. You are NEVER, EVER suppose to lock the bolt to the rear before you put rounds on the feed tray and close the feed tray cover.

I'm not saying or suggesting you should change it. I'm just letting you know it haunts my dreams every night and gives me high blood pressure. Other than that I love your work!

• Like 4

But... That's literally how every ref I have on reloading belts goes...Especially with Belt-feed systems that aren't spring-loaded or lack escape cuts like on the original M60s...

You better be fucking wit me DeltaHawk because I've had people insisting at me for it to be this way for the better part of a decade no, I'm not exactly sure that I could take it to have my world turned upside down D:

• Like 6

Toadie, I gotta tell you something. Now, you know how much I admire your work. Top notch. Awesome work. But I need to let you know something. Every time I reload the M60 or the M249 I cringe in unbelievable horror you can't possibly imagine. You are NEVER, EVER suppose to lock the bolt to the rear before you put rounds on the feed tray and close the feed tray cover.

I'm not saying or suggesting you should change it. I'm just letting you know it haunts my dreams every night and gives me high blood pressure. Other than that I love your work!

But... That's literally how every ref I have on reloading belts goes...Especially with Belt-feed systems that aren't spring-loaded or lack escape cuts like on the original M60s...

You better be fucking wit me DeltaHawk because I've had people insisting at me for it to be this way for the better part of a decade no, I'm not exactly sure that I could take it to have my world turned upside down D:

I'm sorry to say Toadie, that I just checked the manual and yes it's charged after 'load' during 'action'. So in terms of game mechanics, charging of the handle should be the last thing you see. Sad panda time ...  :blink:  At least thats how aussies do it.

Y'all are going on about reload procedures, meanwhile I'm repeatedly traumatized by that bipodless monstrosity calling itself a Mark 48. 

I'm sorry to say Toadie, that I just checked the manual and yes it's charged after 'load' during 'action'. So in terms of game mechanics, charging of the handle should be the last thing you see. Sad panda time ...  :blink:  At least thats how aussies do it.

It depends what you're doing with the weapon. The below information relates to our (Australian) drills, by the way.

If you're going from the unload through load to action (e.g. the first time you load the weapon), then yes, you cock the weapon after you place rounds on the feed tray and close the cover (then apply the safety and close the dust cover, naturally, to complete the action drill).

However, if you are conducting a reload or the stoppage IA, you cock the weapon before you open the cover, replace the box and place rounds on the feed tray. It means you can see into the chamber for brass or link causing an obstruction (the best stoppage I've seen involved three rounds melding in the chamber). This means that during the reload, yes, you are placing the belt into the weapon with the bolt locked to the rear, but that's how we do it. Proper trigger finger discipline makes this a non-issue.

Because weapons typically come pre-loaded in the vast majority of A3 scenarios, toadie's drills are correct.

• Like 2

M60 reloading drill:

https://youtu.be/pULrOj8T5r0?t=4m20s

M249 reloading drill:

https://youtu.be/ZGVNNPCqeRg?t=40s

So the action of pulling the bolt in back position is always done last. However, personally I havent paid much attention to this detail, but I think a zeroing on M60 might be off (had some problems hitting a target at 500m had to increase range over that I think up to 800m), so while you're at it maybe you should check that out too?

To be fair, the reload looks cool as fuck anyway and until we get the ability for different animations for dry reloads and 'tactical' reloads it's not like a reload animation is the end of days.

• Like 1

I can't speak much for other countries or 100% for the M60 or the M240, but I know %120 as per United State Marine Corps you're only suppose to charge the weapon after you close the feed tray.  When it was explained to me why it made perfect sense, I never questioned it and have always done it like that.  As ignorant as this may sound it made so much sense I simply assumed everyone else did it like this.

The M249 Squad Automatic Weapon is a gas operating, open bolt fired weapon.  What happens when you rack the charging handle to the rear is you're pulling back the bolt operating group which is then locked to the rear by the trigger pack assembly sear.  Since the charging handle is non reciprocating it is returned forward.  Usually this isn't a problem, but a lot of factors come into play while in combat.  The biggest issue is most of the SAWs in service today are worn out from extended use in Iraq and Afghanistan and the sear can become prone to failing if the weapon is slammed hard enough, such as slamming the feed tray cover closed.

And if there are already rounds on the feed tray and the sear fails then we get a negligent discharge.  To negate this danger it is safe practice to charge the weapon only after closing the feed tray.

When clearing the weapon you are suppose to hold the bolt to the rear while you stick your booger picker in the chamber to ensure there's no rounds or obstructions, and then ride the bolt home holding the trigger.

Also while changing barrels you have to pull the charging handle to the rear to remove the bolt from the chamber of the barrel so you can remove it.

You did get it right with the palms up though.  Charging the M249 palms down could slice open your thumb at the knuckle from the ejection dust cover.

• Like 2

It depends what you're doing with the weapon. The below information relates to our (Australian) drills, by the way.

If you're going from the unload through load to action (e.g. the first time you load the weapon), then yes, you cock the weapon after you place rounds on the feed tray and close the cover (then apply the safety and close the dust cover, naturally, to complete the action drill).

However, if you are conducting a reload or the stoppage IA, you cock the weapon before you open the cover, replace the box and place rounds on the feed tray. It means you can see into the chamber for brass or link causing an obstruction (the best stoppage I've seen involved three rounds melding in the chamber). This means that during the reload, yes, you are placing the belt into the weapon with the bolt locked to the rear, but that's how we do it. Proper trigger finger discipline makes this a non-issue.

Because weapons typically come pre-loaded in the vast majority of A3 scenarios, toadie's drills are correct.

Well I stand corrected, my bad...  :rolleyes:  Agree the game mechanics have you already at load. I did only see half the picture. The IA for empty mag indeed has you cocking the weapon first. Same as the IW, don't know what I was thinking ... Sorry Toadie - you good m8  :ph34r:  :wub:

This is for Aussies, other nations may do it differently but since we "own" Toadie ...  :P  Nothing more to see here, move along ... - to MG3s Yay!!!

• Like 1

I unfortunately have another two issues to report, this time with SAW's which I've forgot to report about for quite a while now.

The first issue is that on the Minimi's for sure their belt feed in third person floats above them (at least before 1.60 it did I haven't been able to test since).

The second issue was that when two people fired Minimi's at the same time in close proximity it crashed both players games who were using them. (again this was before 1.60 I'm not sure now)

Picture for belt floating:
nkxliGq.jpg

I unfortunately have another two issues to report, this time with SAW's which I've forgot to report about for quite a while now.

The first issue is that on the Minimi's for sure their belt feed in third person floats above them (at least before 1.60 it did I haven't been able to test since).

The second issue was that when two people fired Minimi's at the same time in close proximity it crashed both players games who were using them. (again this was before 1.60 I'm not sure now)

If you're using the CUP pack and you load a CUP M249 first, then you will have this problem, it looks like CUP didn't rename their skeletons when toadie gave them the M249s

If you're using the CUP pack and you load a CUP M249 first, then you will have this problem, it looks like CUP didn't rename their skeletons when toadie gave them the M249s

Only CUP Terrains were in use, not the weapons.

Just a note for anyone looking to contact Toadie, as you may have noticed if you sent him a PM, he doesn't really have the time to read every PM, and usually can't reply in a timely fashion. So as of today's stream I've been anointed PR guy, so if you want, you guys can PM me, and I'll forward any questions I can't answer myself on through faster channels, so if Toadie's about, and I'm about, you should be getting a response within 48 hours. Sound good people?  

• Like 4

(•_•)

Need a PR guy for BIS forums?

( •_•)>âŒâ– -â–  

I got this.

(âŒâ– _â– )

• Like 4

(•_•)

Need a PR guy for BIS forums?

( •_•)>âŒâ– -â–  

I got this.

(âŒâ– _â– )

This. This is why I love you

I haven't seen much mention recently of the M134D, when will this be released or is it possible I can get the version with it? I'm in need of it for some scenes

I haven't seen much mention recently of the M134D, when will this be released or is it possible I can get the version with it? I'm in need of it for some scenes

The NIArms Complete pack has the M134D, it's called the "Epilator" or something like that.

Not for long. Brace for release.

https://skfb.ly/P8Ls

(the one in all-on-one will be technically out of date, when that happens, so brace for that too)

• Like 5

I know that Toadie doesn't take requests from this thread etc.. but am I the only one who wishes one of those was available as a static weapon?