cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

LGYdS5h.jpg

Alright... Full disclaimer... I didn't get time to test this on a dedi or locally on MP...

It works fine in the MP editor but there could be a couple of bugs from some of the changes I made.

-In order to reduce work I came up with a random spawn and end system. In the old version there was one of each version but with ravage being updated fairly frequently and me having other projects, i had to get that done.

-You will spawn at the crash site of your plane in either the north or south. You will be stunned for a period of time. Whey you see yourself move or pull out a pistol/rifle you are good to go.

-There is supposed to be one resupply crate at the crashsite PER PLAYER.  I didn't test this because everyone is in bed from the team before I get home from work lol...

It\they will spawn in a random radius around the crashed plane. Sometimes zombies surround the crash site and other times not... don't get lazy.

Report ---- Let me know if this is working or not please

-The USS freedom will spawn in one of three random locations at the other end of the map... @roy86 provided the code for that.

-The mission will end when you get to the carrier.

-There are some ammo/weapons boxes hidden on the map.

Other then that it uses all the other features of the Previous Escape versions...

Here is Malden... Once it is tested a little bit then Cherno Redux will follow... Then maybe something else :)

If you want to play in SP then load it through the locally hosted LAN and all the parameters like starting time and time acceleration are still available...

And as Always enjoy...

Thanks to everyone involved with Ravage and the community as a whole

updated link 12/21/17 - fixed inventory items and added VD parameter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3ctn2nttkmw18q/Ravage-[Coop]The_Escape_Malden.Malden.pbo.zip?dl=0

small note... I need to get these released and any reports out so I can move on to some of the exciting things coming :)

updating all escape versions to new system and my own SP Mission will get done shortly to facilitate me getting on with other things...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi

You should add addon requirements pliiis!

Is it asking for something besides vanilla, cba and ravage?

22 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Is it asking for something besides vanilla, cba and ravage?

ohhh sry I saw that you had some addons on your YT video so I thought that it has some.

I cannot grab a map from container near starting positon. And please... can you add view (object) distance settings in mission briefing?

Edit: I cannot put any item (map, radio. compas, gps) in the botom line slots.

@Hans(z)

I think i might be doing something wrong with those inventory items... i noticed on Donnies stream too. Ill look at it.

Whats the issue with the view distance?

It would be cool to have view distance settings, cuz I want to see terain.... I ussually play with 3.5k+ view distance the  experience is better if you can see horizont, mountins etc.

31 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

It would be cool to have view distance settings, cuz I want to see terain.... I ussually play with 3.5k+ view distance the  experience is better if you can see horizont, mountins etc.

Ask like a gentlemen and ye shall receive :drinking2:

r6Dz3EL.jpg

14 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Ask like a gentlemen and ye shall receive :drinking2:

r6Dz3EL.jpg

Thanks you so much!!!

BTW Merry Xmas!???

11 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Thanks you so much!!!

Btw Metry Xmas

You too... couple things..

delete that quoted image out... otherwise Roadkill will be along to remind us... you just delete the line with "img"  in it

i fixed the items... i wanted it to give each player one item of orientation. So in a group of 4 a couple might have maps and one with a compass and one with binos... hopefully it adds another dynamic to coop

You can add them to your proper slot now

I added the VD but you will have to make sure its working..

I cranked it to 5000 vd and I could see smoke so far in the distance i was blown away... with very little fps drop... such a small amount of fps drop im doubting its actually working... is this the 64bit system... im pretty stunned... i was still getting plus 60 fps at 5000 vd set through the parameter

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

i fixed the items... i wanted it to give each player one item of orientation. So in a group of 4 a couple might have maps and one with a compass and one with binos... hopefully it adds another dynamic to coop

You can add them to your proper slot now

Nice!....that's exactly what I loved about celery's Chernarus Apocalypse...still remember a night I had the map, we got hopelessly lost in Black Lake forest for a very long hour before making it to the radio tower...terrifying!

When it clicks, any kind of four player survival COOP in Arma can't be beat for true tension.....damn, I want some of that over the holidays! :drinking2:

I hear you, EO! 

And with cosmic working on Escape-Malden and Escape-New Haven, we might get the gang together in a really great journey! 

New Haven would be extra cool since ye ole "TS downtalking" of the buddies won't work anymore cuz none of us know the map well enough to go like: "Hey, what you see right at the spot you are?" - "Some kind of a dry lake to the east." - Mkay, then u are somewhere between Charkia and kalochori. Wait out, we'll be there soon."

+1 to meet up in one of our missions over the holidays!  :drinking2:

4 hours ago, tourist said:

I hear you, EO! 

And with cosmic working on Escape-Malden and Escape-New Haven, we might get the gang together in a really great journey! 

New Haven would be extra cool since ye ole "TS downtalking" of the buddies won't work anymore cuz none of us know the map well enough to go like: "Hey, what you see right at the spot you are?" - "Some kind of a dry lake to the east." - Mkay, then u are somewhere between Charkia and kalochori. Wait out, we'll be there soon."

+1 to meet up in one of our missions over the holidays!  :drinking2:

Im game. Next weds or friday is good for me.

Hi,

I had a good time playing this mission!

I want to report bug: supply drop seems to be broken.... plane pass over and drop crate, crate sink under surface but never goes up. This occurs only on the Norther side where is sand.

Suggestion: I always have plenty of food and water so you can reduce spawning vital items or I would appreciate increasing thirst and hunger ratio so player will be forced to actively search for vital items.

Note: I play only SP so playing coop with 5 friends can be different..

And if I want to play with Ravage supported addons like RHS, will be content of RHS in points of interest ( crashsite, supply drop..)? Or is it only vanilla?

1 hour ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

I had a good time playing this mission!

I want to report bug: supply drop seems to be broken.... plane pass over and drop crate, crate sink under surface but never goes up. This occurs only on the Norther side where is sand.

Suggestion: I always have plenty of food and water so you can reduce spawning vital items or I would appreciate increasing thirst and hunger ratio so player will be forced to actively search for vital items.

Note: I play only SP so playing coop with 5 friends can be different..

And if I want to play with Ravage supported addons like RHS, will be content of RHS in points of interest ( crashsite, supply drop..)? Or is it only vanilla?

Good news... glad it was fun.

Ill test out supply drop and see whats happening... maybe i can figure a solution out.

I cranked the spawned items pretty high so good to know . Im not sure the loot spawn system takes into account how many players are present so that might affect MP. Ill look into it.

Once we get the next update that may change how this all works... Ill look into pulling from whatever array or mimic halek's system for supply drops at some point in the future so it pulls from the same lists that spawn items.

• Like 1

I will post detail on the MP session in here to keep the Ravage thread a bit tidier.

I have spent most of yesterday and today trying to fix the locality issues on Dedi.

I "think" I have it worked out.

Ill post the updated mission shortly...

Until then, If people playing in tomorrows session could test join the server and check ping and fps that would be great... pls report back

@Evil Organ @R0adki11 @tourist @ZooD @Donnie_Plays @Valken

Server Name

Name:

Ravage CoOP Escape Dev Server

Connection Info :192.99.147.94

port : 2592

Started On:12/29/2017 11:03:13 AM

Password is 

haleks2017

Cheers all

I have cherno redux and its dependencies on server... let me know if i should disable those cuz you cant join

edit - more info

I have advancedurbanrappeling, cba and ravage active on server with chernoR and its dependencies

I have EM running client side as well as headgore

I have changed mission to 8 playable slots

I have tested all the triggers on the dedi... pain in the ass lol

Do we want to run TS or in Game chat?

anything else?

edit 2

Im getting 63 ping and about 80 fps on the outskirts by water and 40ish in towns

Server is located on East Coast of US or Canada

Not sure anymore... @jetfox has done so many upgrades to server in the 2 years I have had it or so.

They are super fast and they just added direct workshop to server downloads that are crazy fast... great company!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here is the updated Link to the newest Version that should run properly locally and on Dedi

My great respect to all the MP mission makers and scripters out there. MP locality is a total pita, when trying to learn it lol

see below for updated link

Please report bugs... I'm using Vanilla malden as my template for future iterations of escape so everything I figure out in Malden will carry over to the other missions/maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks cosmic.....

95 ping and 60fps on the Malden coastline, not too bad from Scotland.......sooooo many zeds! :help:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Evil Organ said:

Thanks cosmic.....

95 ping and 60fps on the Malden coastline.......sooooo many zeds! :help:

ONe of the nice things is the server is between us... so it plays well for most people.

It will be very interesting to see how far we get and how fps is handled by the dedi... I must admit the fps is pretty solid for me so far.

One of the joys of Dedicated handling part of the load?

Last time I tried this on my Dedi Server I didn't experience a Save Progress?  Is that a feature you have included?

Thanks,

Vengeance

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, vengeance1 said:

Last time I tried this on my Dedi Server I didn't experience a Save Progress?  Is that a feature you have included?

Thanks,

Vengeance

You are right... thanks for pointing that out... I'm getting forgetful in my old age lol

I seem to remember having some reason for it but definately somthing that should be on 

I will test it too

here is an updated  link for the mission with that turned on... i kept them seperate for now pending testing. 

Please let me me know if the Ravage MP persistency system works for you.

Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhndm1jfvxvw6c6/Ravage-[Coop]The_Escape_Malden.MaldenMPPersistency.pbo.zip?dl=0

edit... i just tested in on the dedi and got the right message for it.

• Like 1

Just tested getting a ping of around 90 with good fps also :thumbs-up:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Just tested getting a ping of around 90 with good fps also :thumbs-up:

Sweet... I just tried it and when JIP it creates two crash sites for the spawn...so i will need to adjust the checks to maybe is dedicated... not sure..

Shouldnt be a major issue if we all start together tomorrow.

Ill do some moooore testing LOL

• Like 1

I just tested. Getting 60 FPS and 230 Ping but its playable for me as its the same as Outkast's Escape servers.

I would advise to add Sullen Skies mod as optional to make it even creepier, Mr Sanchez' Headlamps and bloodlust! I will out and about today and will join in later.

PS: I cannot find the server in Arma 3 Launcher but can only connect via direct. Would be easier to setup if the server can show up in the launcher but its working. Looking forward to playing with you guys.