cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

Getting some more locality issues that im going to try to rectify...

Tourist and I tested with Zood and we had invisible zombies kill us... very unusual lol

4 hours ago, Valken said:

I would advise to add Sullen Skies mod as optional to make it even creepier, Mr Sanchez' Headlamps and bloodlust! I will out and about today and will join in later.

I joined/tested the server with the Malden versions of Sullen Skies and Ambient Birds loaded, both worked just fine. (Ravage ambient birds doesn't support Malden....yet.) 

• Like 1

Headlamps is a great idea... i like bloodmist because it is client side and thus wont lag us as much over the long term

I will have sullen skies, ambient birds, headgore, bloodmist, EM and the other required mods loaded..

The server doesnt check keys... its password locked and its coop so a few of us have access to dev menus etc

Im not concerned about cheating in a coop private server.

so you can have a few things active client side but be careful... the less the better for the first try at this

I spent another 5 hours rewriting all the init scripts because the locality was terrible... i hope i have it now..

we should be able to join and JIP properly... i have no idea anymore cuz im learning on the fly here... but i just tested it and could join and it would do things properly even when i aborted and joined a diff slot

MP persistency is now off... it creates an issue where if you rejoin it sets you to your last spot and ruins the beginning and JIP... escape is basically a single playthrough thing anyways and will have to stay that way...

I hope i have it fixed now and have the locality right.

• Like 2

I'm trying to put the mission up on my unit's server box and I'm getting this error over and over again; bin\config/CfgVehicles.Land_Box_Luggage1_F 

Anyone have any idea what this means?

3 hours ago, CutRex said:

I'm trying to put the mission up on my unit's server box and I'm getting this error over and over again; bin\config/CfgVehicles.Land_Box_Luggage1_F 

You have got Ravage installed on the server?

6 hours ago, CutRex said:

Not getting that one... I will post the updated mission a bit later today... 

Lets just say... the last one shows my lack of understanding on MP locality and I have had to redo the init into a seperate initServer and an initPlayerLocal to get things working right.

Got one more thing to look at here before the playthrough

Ok... I think i finally got it working... the end trigger is finally firing... 

10hours of MP locality troubleshooting :smiley-punched:

I have been restarting the server quite a bit..

Sorry all... 

@kodabar

You going to be on to play?

Ok

Have TeamSpeak updated if you like.

Its not required but we will be on TS with no limitations for this round. In the  future I like TFAR cuz its so realistic.

But for now on first play and to troubleshoot this will be easier.

Once you join the server I will post the TS details.

You will get a small error when you join from rusty guns. I have the dev pbo on the server and one classname doesnt match. thats all that is. the other guns are fine.

Remember to direct connect.

Ambient birds, sullen skies and EM all work client side.

@Valken @R0adki11 @Evil Organ @tourist @ZooD @kodabar @Donnie_Plays

I have up the slots to ten... so if someone is around they can join... should be an interesting test... ill be on the server in about an hour to get started

• Like 1

Sorry I was not around during the actual operations! I was on and off between when everyone was on, then got a call to watch Baby Driver movie. Pretty good... Now I am thinking about how to ARMA-tise that movie into a game mode... 

If you guys schedule another testing round, please let me know.

My comments:

I actually loaded a few more mods for immersion testing:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220544202&searchtext=ace+medical

I used this to test attaching chemlights to the player, and gestures as I do not have a working microphone.

However, there is an issue with Ravage or another mod where the ACE user and interaction menus don't show up. It works if Ravage is loaded but not actually used in a mission. If a Ravage mission is loaded, the ACE shortcut keys work, but the menus do not come up. So it is hard to try to attach any chemlights to anything. The pointing gestures works via hotkeys.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138842442&searchtext=compass+hud

I love it but should probably not use it as it makes the compass worthless. I was looking for compass without the casing since it blocks the a lot of screen space.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667953829&searchtext=bloodlust

Makes the zombies so sickening dead...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832551294&searchtext=shoulder+light

This is a good alternative to headlamps. Works fantastic. Even better if you have both or a handheld flashlight like from Hero's Survive or RDS Civilian pack.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887302721

I also used Feint's paddle mod for boats without fuel...

But no need for everything required. It just adds to the immersion if we're stuck on an island without any resources.

• Like 1

Thank you all very much for the game. That was a lot of fun.

This is what happened when I got stuck with the respawns.

Spoiler

74BBF06BECA55211FF9125EF33F61EB25CF5D6CB

And while I'm at it:

Spoiler

DFA25C8358096DF98823DA33C830DFB9800EB3A3

• Like 3

15 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Ravage is installed on the server, and I'm now noticing that its not exclusive to cosmic's mission.

@ kodabar Only 3 of you guys made it? :D 

Great job!

6 hours ago, Valken said:

Only 3 of you guys made it? :D 

Great job!

5 entered, all 5 escaped!!....

Spoiler

a1mmzkA.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 2

Epic guys ... just epic... all my gameplay has my voice in it super loud and I sound like im a super eager 22 yr old...

So its not the greatest LOL

Ill maybe post some vid with some music behind it.

Full disclosure all

Mission had some issues... In some cases we had

Issues

-trouble taking loot from bandits, some were fine and some were not

-trouble taking weapons from initial crates I create... I think i may have fixed that

-JIP problems... - our kits would reset everytime someone joined the game and spawned it... terrible for looting lol

I think i may have fixed that as well... needs testing

-double music playing - fixed

Balance issues

-it took 5 hours and we used a boat ... thats a ten hour playthru on foot or more..

-with persistency not being ideal for this mission type, i need to find a way to balance it down to i would call 3-4 hours max... debating on how to do that. more civ vehicles with no gas? be able to refuel and go town to town but not that far... not sure

Roadkill and I were talking in Ravage discord about having to find helicopter parts on cherno to take to the airfield to heli out..

I think more searching and being forced into encounters would be cool but  finding some mechanic of faster but managed locomotion is important.

So  ideas are welcome

I can open up the server to you if you want to play with friends.. we had a good time and performance was quite good..

if i can get the balance right... an escape every few weeks on a diff map would be some good fun

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017 at 6:44 AM, R0adki11 said:

On 12/30/2017 at 10:01 AM, cosmic10r said:

Not getting that one... I will post the updated mission a bit later today... 

Lets just say... the last one shows my lack of understanding on MP locality and I have had to redo the init into a seperate initServer and an initPlayerLocal to get things working right.

Got one more thing to look at here before the playthrough

I am getting the exact same error message. Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded Ravage Mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29638

Placed Ravage Mod in my !WorkShop folder in Arma 3 folder and then added !WorkShop to watched folders in order to make it show up

Added CBA_A3 from Steam Workshop

Downloaded missions from https://www.dropbox.com/s/87ctlte4k9x98mz/Escape072416.zip?dl=0 (link on 2nd post on this thread)

Placed Missions in the MP Missions folder in Arma 3 folder - they appear when I look for them

Selected both Ravage Mod and CBA_A3 mods and started Arma3

Host MP Lan -> Find Altis Mission (any) -> Load up mission and then get the same message: bin\config/CfgVehicles.Land_Box_Luggage1_F

Select any slot and load and get error message again.

Clicking through the error message, the game comes to the map screen where the "Respawn" option isn't select-able. I let it sit for a few minutes and nothing happens.

I click disconnect and select a new survivor and enter into game. Once loaded up, the previous person that I selected is now showing up as a friendly NPC.

Think that covers what I am seeing so far. I can reinstall and test things when I get home. I just wanted to know if there was anything else I should be doing to make it work. Thanks!

Foozlekiller

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Foozlekiller said:

I am getting the exact same error message. Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded Ravage Mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29638

Placed Ravage Mod in my !WorkShop folder in Arma 3 folder and then added !WorkShop to watched folders in order to make it show up

Added CBA_A3 from Steam Workshop

Downloaded missions from https://www.dropbox.com/s/87ctlte4k9x98mz/Escape072416.zip?dl=0 (link on 2nd post on this thread)

Placed Missions in the MP Missions folder in Arma 3 folder - they appear when I look for them

Selected both Ravage Mod and CBA_A3 mods and started Arma3

Host MP Lan -> Find Altis Mission (any) -> Load up mission and then get the same message: bin\config/CfgVehicles.Land_Box_Luggage1_F

Select any slot and load and get error message again.

Clicking through the error message, the game comes to the map screen where the "Respawn" option isn't select-able. I let it sit for a few minutes and nothing happens.

I click disconnect and select a new survivor and enter into game. Once loaded up, the previous person that I selected is now showing up as a friendly NPC.

Think that covers what I am seeing so far. I can reinstall and test things when I get home. I just wanted to know if there was anything else I should be doing to make it work. Thanks!

Foozlekiller

Hi,

EscapeAltis is not compatible with ravage 1.47. If you want there is EscapeMalden mission. Cosmic10r is working on escape Chernarus Redux mission too and after that he will rewrite his older missions PROBABLY.

SP version

On 21. 12. 2017 at 9:37 PM, cosmic10r said:

COOP

On 29. 12. 2017 at 9:37 PM, cosmic10r said:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

EscapeAltis is not compatible with ravage 1.47. If you want there is EscapeMalden mission. Cosmic10r is working on escape Chernarus Redux mission too and after that he will rewrite his older missions PROBABLY.

SP version

COOP

Hate I missed that fact. Sorry to make you rehash it, but I'm pumped to hear there is a version that is compatible. Hot damn!

I haven't played it yet, but there is a special place in heaven for people who make and keep mods/missions up to date in Arma 3.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

"Helmet Cam" Footage from our MP Event at December 30th: 

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

^^^ awesome tourist... 

That was tons of fun!!!

Cant wait to play again!

7 hours ago, Foozlekiller said:

Hate I missed that fact. Sorry to make you rehash it, but I'm pumped to hear there is a version that is compatible. Hot damn!

I haven't played it yet, but there is a special place in heaven for people who make and keep mods/missions up to date in Arma 3.

Thanks for the info!

I think that classname error is because its an invalid classname that ravage might be calling... i had the same thing when i reconfigured a rusty gun. 

It should not break anything... is it?

@Foozlekiller

Im using the current version of malden as my template... once we get the last few issues addressed i will port it over to a bunch of maps... 

Once i solve everything i should be able to port and test in 30 mins or so. Biggest thing is getting some of the game breakers fixed..

Happy to say EO and i tested last night and JIP kit changing has been fixed... last little one that im aware of is the crates not synching contents... but i fixed most of the issues so far :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I think that classname error is because its an invalid classname that ravage might be calling... i had the same thing when i reconfigured a rusty gun. 

@Foozlekiller

Im using the current version of malden as my template... once we get the last few issues addressed i will port it over to a bunch of maps... 

Once i solve everything i should be able to port and test in 30 mins or so. Biggest thing is getting some of the game breakers fixed..

Happy to say EO and i tested last night and JIP kit changing has been fixed... last little one that im aware of is the crates not synching contents... but i fixed most of the issues so far :)

I haven't dug through some of the history of this thread (I will), but has anyone else had sync issues with inventory on NPCs between players? There have been multiple times where my teammate has asked me to pick up some clips off a body and they not appear to me at all. Same person is saying that he can't loot certain other things as well - guns, etc. Again, I'll go back through this thread, but I wanted to shoot out a quick question about it.

I duo'd it last night again and had a blast. Thanks for keeping on top of this. You guys are rocking.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

@Foozlekiller

I had the exact same issue and it did indeed break the game. I managed to log in with the second attempt as @Foozlekiller mentioned but my friend just couldn't. His game never finished loading.

16 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I'm glad to hear that and am excited for the new versions. Thanks a lot for your efforts, you're doing god's work to help people like me who just don't understand the eden editor at all. :eh:

We tried Malden but had the issue of not starting near each other. Is this intentional? We wanted to play coop and started on entirely different ends of the island. Is there any option we missed? It kinda misses the point of coop imho if you don't spawn near each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfour said:

I had the exact same issue and it did indeed break the game. I managed to log in with the second attempt as @Foozlekiller mentioned but my friend just couldn't. His game never finished loading.

I'm glad to hear that and am excited for the new versions. Thanks a lot for your efforts, you're doing god's work to help people like me who just don't understand the eden editor at all. :eh:

We tried Malden but had the issue of not starting near each other. Is this intentional? We wanted to play coop and started on entirely different ends of the island. Is there any option we missed? It kinda misses the point of coop imho if you don't spawn near each other.

Ok... weird thing is that EO and I had the same error message pop up but had no problem connecting and same with the 3 other guys  and we played for 5 hours...

So I'm not sure that is the problem...

Is this dedicated or local? And what mods do you have running... the reason I ask is there is no way the five us had the same mods running so its weird because we were all able to connect and play.

I appreciate the thanks... its fun to share things that we have so much fun with.

The not starting near each other is the MP persistency turned on. In this or the Ravage threads one of the guys asked about it and I couldnt remember why it was off but in my mind, I thought... I remember there being a good reason... ... LOL... that was it

If someone leave and rejoins the mpPersistency doesnt know the mission restarted and loads your last profile position... not great for Escape lol

Im trying to figure out a way to let players respawn and still get to the main group without it just being endess respawns on your team essentially making death moot...

ill upload the latest fixed version for you guys today.

If you want to try to join My Dedicated server with your friend to test let me know..

Ive left it up for the most part 24/7 for people to play on. the details are only in this thread and this discord so its not a high traffic area

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Foozlekiller said:

I haven't dug through some of the history of this thread (I will), but has anyone else had sync issues with inventory on NPCs between players? There have been multiple times where my teammate has asked me to pick up some clips off a body and they not appear to me at all. Same person is saying that he can't loot certain other things as well - guns, etc. Again, I'll go back through this thread, but I wanted to shoot out a quick question about it.

I duo'd it last night again and had a blast. Thanks for keeping on top of this. You guys are rocking.

Glad it was fun!! We had a great time if you check Tourists Vids... I forgot how much I laughed during the session... there was one point where in t he dark a face popped out of the dark and moved along a fence... was sooo creeepy... turns out its just EO a ways ahead with  only his face lit up :)

We have had that issue with loot sync on bodies and crates... the crates are the mission but the bodies would be Ravage so Ill let Haleks know so if he is poking around, he can keep an eye out and see how it is configured.

Locality is a nightmare on dedicated as i have learned first hand...

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Ok... weird thing is that EO and I had the same error message pop up but had no problem connecting and same with the 3 other guys  and we played for 5 hours...

So I'm not sure that is the problem...

Is this dedicated or local? And what mods do you have running... the reason I ask is there is no way the five us had the same mods running so its weird because we were all able to connect and play.

We played local and tried a view combinations with mods. At first we used CBA, Ravage, JSRS and Enhanced Movement and removed first JSRS and later EM - but without any difference.

I appreciate the thanks... its fun to share things that we have so much fun with.

The not starting near each other is the MP persistency turned on. In this or the Ravage threads one of the guys asked about it and I couldnt remember why it was off but in my mind, I thought... I remember there being a good reason... ... LOL... that was it

If someone leave and rejoins the mpPersistency doesnt know the mission restarted and loads your last profile position... not great for Escape lol

Im trying to figure out a way to let players respawn and still get to the main group without it just being endess respawns on your team essentially making death moot...

That makes a lot of sense. Would I deactivate this in the mission presets or is this something built into the .pbo?

ill upload the latest fixed version for you guys today.

You're awesome. Is there a central list with links to the different missions or is the link provided by @Hans(z) still viable? I couln't find any other links to the Malden version neither here nor on armaholic.