Jump to content
morthon

Halo 3 Marine and Bravo-Kilos

Recommended Posts

Hi, long time no speak! Found some time this week to work on this some more. Finished the first (of two) Brute uniforms this week, took me about 16 hours total. Contrast that to the Halo 3 Marines which took me weeks to complete.

 

Ftfy3S7.jpg

 

Also started work on the new and improved rig for the Brute and I'm preparing to get everything back in-engine.

 

d27e56d4a1b4fd872d2a76d76303bc35.pngd65864c2a96efd6de6a4b0f5fdd85c58.png

 

The Brute Minor character is pretty close to being done :) Will try to start doing the armor pieces next.

 

ltgT4uJ.jpg

 

Cheers!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coffeeshock said:

Are we going to see those beautiful marine models mit gloves in a future update?

 

I want to do a complete redo from scratch in the future. Probably including more attachments, more varied uniforms set-ups and gloves.

 

2 hours ago, knightlight said:

I wanna see them knock a marine 3 feet in the air. 

 

Well, zombies and demons has a script for knocking cars around...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: back in-engine again! Textures came out pretty nicely so far, if I say so myself. Textures are still WIP though.

 

7def67510cb781306212efebd3344624.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

After ironing out the configs, they are now fully in-game and can turn and fire. Next step is to add in movement.

 

00b2e20c585c4b121693a1ee51ffbb50.jpg

 

0768f14c0114bd7570776dda8f20dd76.jpg

 

26095e3d57b276aa24267c65ee7b5301.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some raw test footage:

 

 

Added:

 

- Running with One-handed firearm (spiker).

- Weapon raising/lowering.

- First weapon reload animation (for the spiker):

 

32cf2a1336e8fc750ae1732af0aaeaa1.gif

 

9ef44fdac16d081077257c2f393da98d.gif

 

Sadly the first person view doesn't look anything like how it's supposed to.

 

6aaea62eb530b73ef260ebab5f90239a.png

 

Will work on grenade throwing now and then walking and running with weapons lowered.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't help but notice this was posted in the wee hours of 2 April :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand. You think Morthon was pulling a belated April fools? :smile_o:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2018 at 7:17 PM, Hvymtal said:

Can't help but notice this was posted in the wee hours of 2 April :rofl:

 

17 hours ago, Macser said:

I don't understand. You think Morthon was pulling a belated April fools? :smile_o:

 

Doesn't look like it to me :thumbs-up:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can explain, as one of his constant annoyances on discord, that this was NOT an April fools joke. He's too determined to have time for something like april fools

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Look fantastic keep it up !! :don11:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was the halo 3 marines taken out? They were like the only marines I liked!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, payne2010 said:

Why was the halo 3 marines taken out? They were like the only marines I liked!

 

The halo 3 marines were released in the OPCAN modpack. Some time ago, the OPCAN mod developer lost all his files in a hard-drive failure and has been steadily rebuilding parts of OPCAN since. The additions he made to the Halo 3 Marines were not part of the content he wished to restore. However, the OPTRE developers have plans to include the Halo 3 Marines in a future First Contact release. I don't know when that will happen, but the H3 Marines will become available again at some point in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, morthon said:

 

The halo 3 marines were released in the OPCAN modpack. Some time ago, the OPCAN mod developer lost all his files in a hard-drive failure and has been steadily rebuilding parts of OPCAN since. The additions he made to the Halo 3 Marines were not part of the content he wished to restore. However, the OPTRE developers have plans to include the Halo 3 Marines in a future First Contact release. I don't know when that will happen, but the H3 Marines will become available again at some point in the future.

oh okay, I new they were in OPCAN but I knew you made them so I thought id ask you. Keep up the good work on the brute, loving every update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×