Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

On 27.11.2016 at 6:55 AM, uzabit said:

Hi, i fixed the bug I mentioned above by adding following lines in the config.bin of air_e.pbo (Expansions > Addons).

class MQ9PredatorB: UAV
{

class Turrets {

gunBeg = "laser_end";
gunEnd = "laser_start";

};

};

Seems like a simple mislabeling... laser_end and laser_start were interchanged.

All my attemps to fully fix laser on plane uavs failed, it seems like it was broken for entire existence of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, including in A2.

It seems that on planes laser always starts from center of entity instead of where it supposed to start from.

This is best of what I've managed to achieve: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269470772195731217/748E6C17AB3C6DA6DB977BB28DBA16B0FA67EB8C/

• Like 1

Was a new beta released today?  I just got a 17.3 MB Steam update.  It would be great if everything was finalized and A2 and OA could move to stable branch, forever.

yes, the final variant of Corepatch data + some obsolete files removed ...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dwarden said:

Can we have a list of changes that were done or reverted back so we know exactly what to test and where to pay attention?

Or if they were done by Sa-Matra, than share as much as possible of them with us.

I have people from my server (who didn't buy ACR) reporting to me that Steam has downloaded 1 GB worth of data and new folders were created DLCsetup\ACR.

1 GB corresponds to the size of ACR and in-game in "Expensions" it also appears as non Lite, but rather full ACR.

Is this just for beta and for stable 1.64 it will be rather reverted to Lite?

If ACR will remain as complete and not Lite for 1.64 stable, it's a must to have it enabled by default and even better not being able to disable it at all as it is for BAF and PMC.

Otherwise, people that have ACR disable by default won't be able to join servers with missions including ACR content.

Believe me, there are still enough people that won't understand why are they being kicked even if the message that pops-up lists missing content to enable in Expensions.LUSwslW.jpg

Any idea why doesn't this version of CorePatch contain multiple ACR and OA fixes from GitHub?

Last change on GitHub is dated of 23rd of July 2016 and multiple fixes even prior to this date weren't included.

4 hours ago, Kalkhin said:

Hi, I found a one small mistake. Vodnik with 2а42 has smoke grenade launchers on the model. But it does not work when you're sitting on the gunner. Please fix it. :dozingoff:

Thanks! I'll fix them, but I'm very unsure that this fix will be included in final CorePatch. :down:

Update:

Fixed!

• Like 2

the included ACR install is most likely some data-fluke, we will get sort it next week

On 09/01/2017 at 5:51 PM, samatra said:

All my attemps to fully fix laser on plane uavs failed, it seems like it was broken for entire existence of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, including in A2.

i can confirm this to be true, i fixed it in my rangemaster mod, and could fly UAV's and laser designate and hit targets..

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, dwarden said:

I have this commonly appearing in my .rpt log now.  Haven't experienced an issue though.

Version 1.63.131129
Item STR_DN_LADA_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_LADA_RED_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_LADA_WHITE_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_LADALM_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_MTVR_REFUEL_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_USBASICWEAPONSBOX_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_USLAUNCHERSBOX_CP listed twice
Item STR_DN_USORDNANCEBOX_CP listed twice
Conflicting addon CorePatch_CCP_67542 in 'corepatch_a2\corepatch_ccp_67542\', previous definition in 'corepatch\corepatch_ccp_67542\'

22 hours ago, eggbeast said:

i can confirm this to be true, i fixed it in my rangemaster mod, and could fly UAV's and laser designate and hit targets..

Any details how you fixed this? Apparently no matter what you do laser always starts at model origin ([0,0,0]) for planes while works fine on helicopters.

5 hours ago, opusfmspol said:

I have this commonly appearing in my .rpt log now.  Haven't experienced an issue though.

Version 1.63.131129
Conflicting addon CorePatch_CCP_67542 in 'corepatch_a2\corepatch_ccp_67542\', previous definition in 'corepatch\corepatch_ccp_67542\'

This happens because some parts of CorePatch were duplicated and integrated into A2 files. Solution is to delete these parts as they are already integrated into CorePatch. I hope this silly decision (duplicating) will be canceled.

12 hours ago, samatra said:

Any details how you fixed this? Apparently no matter what you do laser always starts at model origin ([0,0,0]) for planes while works fine on helicopters.

what do you mean by "planes"?

my edited MQ9 reapers worked fine once i switched the laser pos and end around in the config as said before in this thread.

re other planes in my mod i manually added moving turrets to the two seater models and model.cfg  for e.g. the Su34 and L39.

without those additions, they would not work.

• Like 1

the corepatch_a2.pbo is supposed to be gone too ... another fluke :(

On 27.11.2016 at 2:55 AM, uzabit said:

Hi, i fixed the bug I mentioned above by adding following lines in the config.bin of air_e.pbo (Expansions > Addons).

class MQ9PredatorB: UAV
{

class Turrets {

gunBeg = "laser_end";
gunEnd = "laser_start";

};

};

Seems like a simple mislabeling... laser_end and laser_start were interchanged.

2 hours ago, eggbeast said:

my edited MQ9 reapers worked fine once i switched the laser pos and end around in the config as said before in this thread.

Fixed! Thanks!

• Like 1

guys im really sorry cuz i got a off topic question but it bothers me really bad and i cant get no answer from no one :( !! i bought arma 2 few days ago on bohemia's website to play it online after so long i checked if there are any servers and they were a few but no problem. when the game downloaded and i wanted to play multiplayer it just doesnt show any servers it doesnt want to connect manually. even from bohemia's website...even game tracker shows few servers playing now.. im really sorry but i didnt had any options as bohemia didnt reply to my email neaither..i really wanna play this soooo badly.. and we come from poor family so its not like everyday to buy  a game...

thanks in advance.

the A2 and OA betas were updated ...

btw. the full ACR download should be correct, if you own ACR ...

41 minutes ago, dwarden said:

the A2 and OA betas were updated ...

What were changed? I found some duplicated files (e. g. corepatch_credits.txt and corepatch_readme.txt) that are already integrated into CorePatch.

Seems like it is old version of CorePatch.

i even added a m320 turret to some of my reapers lol

When we can take fixed corepatch?

10 hours ago, Noma said:

When we can take fixed corepatch?

Check cache integrity. I do not receive these messages with latest CorePatch in beta-branch.

make sure you have both OA and A2 beta too ...