Dwarden

A2/A2:OA beta CorePatch 01.03.2016

atm. just for beta testing, data files for upcoming CorePatch update, including signatures

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18463425/a2oa/CorePatch_20160301.7z

no changelog yet, will try add it later

for curious look at content or CorePatch gitHub https://github.com/Goliath86/CorePatch

• Like 1

Hi Dwarden,

Will the update be pushed to Steam beta branches for A2 and OA?

Cheers,

OMAC

Hi Dwarden,

Will the update be pushed to Steam beta branches for A2 and OA?

Cheers,

OMAC

more likely next week

Sounds good!   B)

Since goliath is nowhere to be found and Schatten stopped getting involved I guess this leaves me handling CorePatch now. Issue that I want to bring up is L85A2 AWS thermal scope. Schatten removed thermal off it for realism purposes and I'm not sure if it should be brought back since thermal was original BI design decision. Another question with it is zeroing. So options that I see are:

Thermal vision:

1) Leave as is - night vision scope only

2) Revert to original - thermal + nv

3) Revert to original and include realistic version under another classname (say BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS_Realistic)

Personally I'd go for option 3.

Thank you for handling corepatch!  It's too bad that goliath and Schatten have left.  I agree with you and would choose option 3, since thermal was a BI design decision.

Did the weapon have zeroing IRL?  Most BI weapons with thermal scopes don't allow zeroing if I remember correctly.

Looks like both betas have been released on Steam.  Let the testing begin.

So, the biggest problems now with ArmA2/OA are:

1. Ambient Civilian Module Broken
  2. Fire-In-The-Sky

Other?

I was away from CorePatch project for some time but now I'm back (hopefully!). I need, please, if possible, a list of bugs and/or regressions of recently released CorePatch's versions.

Thank you!!

Goliath

• Like 1

I'm using A2 and OA Steam betas.  It is strange I've never noticed this before:

If B is pressed for a standing civilian unit with binoculars equipped, and then X is pressed to make the unit crouch, the unit will always go prone instead.

If B is pressed for a prone civilian unit with binoculars equipped, and then X is pressed to make the unit crouch, nothing happens.

Bottom line:  there is no way a civilian unit can crouch and use binoculars.  Has it always been this way?

So, the biggest problems now with ArmA2/OA are:

1. Ambient Civilian Module Broken
  2. Fire-In-The-Sky

Other?

I was away from CorePatch project for some time but now I'm back (hopefully!). I need, please, if possible, a list of bugs and/or regressions of recently released CorePatch's versions.

Thank you!!

Goliath

The drag and carry part of First Aid, no addAction appears to drag the wounded unit, and there is no carrying since you first have to drag him.  This occurs in missions when the First Aid modules are synched to units.  It impacts on missions and the Basic Training medical aid scenarios.

Thanks Goliath!

-- edit:  Running CO in beta mode.  Occurs in A2 and OA.

Hi Please someone check ACR DLC

1. Pandur cannot float (it floats in real life)

2. Pandur hitbox is way of. Pandur hiding Hulldown behind concrete fence, gets hit to the turret, = engine destroyed, empty fuel, wheels destroyed. Thats not what should happend, is it?

3. Pandurs Spike missiles doesnt work when ACE enabled. All other arma vehicles works with ACE so problem is probably in the ACR DLC not in ACE.

4. Czech soldiers having russian names and  speaking russian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS MAKING ME FURIOUS!

5. Czech cz805 weapons having the plastic transparent magazines in game They use Stanag magazines in real life. (I can provide proper models for A1 version)

6. Czech Mi-35 doesnt fire missiles modeled on it, but fires missiles that are not modeletd on it and fires them from empty pilon. Might be collision between ACE and ACR DLC but again there should not be any collision between anything vanilla and ACE.

Czech cz805 weapons having the plastic transparent magazines in game They use Stanag magazines in real life. (I can provide proper models for A1 version)

afaik default configuration has proprietary magazine housing accepting polymer semi-translucent based magazine and HK36 magazine only

yet this is replaceable magazine housing so it can hold also m4/m16 magazines after change

the early batches had those magazines by default (around 600 rifles), those later got the stanag

in late 2013 the numbers were like

10k CZ 805 BREN rifles with MC housing for STANAG ( by DH Industries or Lancer Systems)

8k CZ 805 BREN rifles with default housing using CZ proprietary magazine

so it's just matter of configuration, I think backward compatibility wise would be best support both types

or for realism freaks it would need add new model with the stanag magazine housing

or for realism freaks it would need add new model with the stanag magazine housing

The housing looks almost the same, there is only button added wich is detail noone would notice anyway. I tried it and it is not difficult to make. you just use the CZ805 as it is, and change the magazine model in all lods etc. I have 4 variants of CZ805A1 with Stanag magazines ready and tested ingame. And i want to provide those for the patch so i dont have to have them as separate mod. They are completely functional, just one of them lacks the miniature picture for gearmenu. And all were viewed and approved by real Czech soldiers.

B6j3qJ4.png

gHxD1oT.pngh0tufG5.png

I plan to make more variants. 

Scenario 'Bear Rising' throws up error "Script CorePatch/CorePatch_WF/Scripts/Server/Server/updateAirport.sqf not found". Using both arma and OA beta branches on steam. Haven't tried other WF missions.

The housing looks almost the same, there is only button added wich is detail noone would notice anyway. I tried it and it is not difficult to make. you just use the CZ805 as it is, and change the magazine model in all lods etc. I have 4 variants of CZ805A1 with Stanag magazines ready and tested ingame. And i want to provide those for the patch so i dont have to have them as separate mod. They are completely functional, just one of them lacks the miniature picture for gearmenu. And all were viewed and approved by real Czech soldiers.

B6j3qJ4.png

gHxD1oT.pngh0tufG5.png

I plan to make more variants.

the key is config wise , to not break backward compatibility with missions already using the old ammo ...

hence either allow both types of magazines at once or need new weapon subclass for stanag

Scenario 'Bear Rising' throws up error "Script CorePatch/CorePatch_WF/Scripts/Server/Server/updateAirport.sqf not found". Using both arma and OA beta branches on steam. Haven't tried other WF missions.

Yep.  I have reported this issue several times before.

the key is config wise , to not break backward compatibility with missions already using the old ammo ...

hence either allow both types of magazines at once or need new weapon subclass for stanag

Well thats another thing with this DLC The weapons actualy can use both types of magazine wich is absolute nonsense. 

From config.cpp of cz805´s:

handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\Ca\weapons_E\SCAR\Data\Anim\SCAR.rtm"};
		dexterity = 1.64;
		irDistance = 100;
		magazines[] = {30Rnd_556x45_G36, 30Rnd_556x45_G36SD, 100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag, 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, 30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD};
		modes[] = {"single","burst","fullauto"};
		class single: Mode_SemiAuto

And thats not the only mistake. Forexample SA58 can use AK magazines in arma wich is also wrong.

2  more "features" were removed.

Laser designator has no more thermal nor night vision.

Would be great to have these 2 "features" back as it was before.

2  more "features" were removed.

Laser designator has no more thermal nor night vision.

Would be great to have these 2 "features" back as it was before.

That would be because it doesnt have NV or TI capability in reallife. NIght sights can be attached to it, in real life but it doesnt have Nightvission capability itself.

Just check it on http://www.northropgrumman.com/ if you dont believe me.

while that might be true, please do remember that our official default game equipment is based on near future in alternate fictional universe ...

That would be because it doesnt have NV or TI capability in reallife. NIght sights can be attached to it, in real life but it doesnt have Nightvission capability itself.

Just check it on http://www.northropgrumman.com/ if you dont believe me.

Following this logic we should than remove thermal on Metis, because IRL it's not built in and needs to be attached as a separate module.

But let's not forget that there are no working attachments in A2 as opposed to A3.

Nor 3D models of aircrafts' radars, like the Longbow radar on Cobra, nose radar on AV-8 Harrier and pod radar on A-10.

But at least there's almost all the functionality that those missing attachments and missing radars on 3D models should have, which I find to be a fair enough work around.

So let's keep it this way at this stage.

• Like 1

while that might be true, please do remember that our official default game equipment is based on near future in alternate fictional universe ...

Fictional universe might be, but near future certainly not. The equipment in game feels mostly 1980´s - 1990´s 

Following this logic we should than remove thermal on Metis, because IRL it's not built in and needs to be attached as a separate module.

But let's not forget that there are no working attachments in A2 as opposed to A3.

Nor 3D models of aircrafts' radars, like the Longbow radar on Cobra, nose radar on AV-8 Harrier and pod radar on A-10.

But at least there's almost all the functionality that those missing attachments and missing radars on 3D models should have, which I find to be a fair enough work around.

So let's keep it this way at this stage.

Well thats why i use ACE, it removes lot of those undeserved functionalities and ads some that are missing. If i would like to play arcade, i would buy battlefield or CoD. I want to play Game that is As realistic as detailed and as Chalenging as possible to play on normal PC.

• Like 1

Fictional universe might be, but near future certainly not. The equipment in game feels mostly 1980´s - 1990´s 

Well thats why i use ACE, it removes lot of those undeserved functionalities and ads some that are missing. If i would like to play arcade, i would buy battlefield or CoD. I want to play Game that is As realistic as detailed and as Chalenging as possible to play on normal PC.

How did you find what each pbo does, and what pbos have which dependencies?

1st. when a bullet penetrate glass, the fragment will hurt the people who's behind.even sometime they will get killed.Especially when I shoot the people who is in a car. the bullet were not hit on center of mass, but the fragment from glass may hit throat, eye, pulse or something else important.(I've bought a DVD [make ready with Paul Howe] from Panteao. So I share it to ya.)

2nd. Why the M1128 Mobile Gun System have no commander seat, and when I conduct commander of M1 Abrams, I can't order to switch to Saber or HEAT round.

3rd. One Surefire tac light will blinds people for a second when low light (or no light) environment. but in Arma 2 ,we need at least 3 .

4th. When I wear in AN-PVS 7, everything close to me in my visual should be blurry texture(for example the A3 Iron sight or pistol sight), only the red aimpoint in M68 CCO and The center of EOTech (the HOLO sight)is clear bright. But can we operating telescope with our AN-PVS 7? I never saw that before, but I saw someone mount AN-PVS 14 onto his ACOG. but they are totally different NVGs.(I didn't test them, so it's just a question, not an suggestion )