duda123

Advanced Rappelling

Very cool -- you could substitute particles for that box and have a cloud of gas settle into a trench... all kinds of neat possiblities. 

Really looking forward to the rappelling.

Very cool -- you could substitute particles for that box and have a cloud of gas settle into a trench... all kinds of neat possiblities. 

Really looking forward to the rappelling.

hehe...

• Like 8

Simulation is getting better... 100 objects rolling down a hill

• Like 4

Lol watching the balls take out that tree was hilarious.

It's for fast ropes. Added a new video to the first post.

Looking good, man.  The animation of the player itself could use a little work, but it's a minor thing.

It's being built so it can be installed on the server only (so clients don't require any mods). That limits me to the BI-provided animations.

Lotsa possibilities I see, mountain pass, crapload of loose boulders, convoy expected and well placed explosives , fooking avalanche !!! :)

• Like 1

It would be better do do client side as well so that it can have custom animations. I have been wanting to do this ever since beta but have no scripting skill. I did work on an animation and poses for the rappelling down building sides and what not, I would be interested in going back and redoing those if you were to change your mind regarding the serverside option. I think there is a lot that this can offer the community as rappelling is the only way to get down some objects in Arma.

• Like 1

Plus with Raven Lifter no longer being supported we kind of need a good-looking rope suspension mod.

Scale buildings using ropes? Making a mod?

This needs to be a thing. If it is I will most likely add this mod/script to my unit.

THIS is awesome!!! looking forward for a usable release.

Our group will happily test it.

• Like 1

Oh my god yes.  It would probably be a nightmare for SP, but for MP it would be glorious.  

Aaaaaand then I remember I don't play MP.  And I am sad face.

I forgot that this was something you were working on...is it still moving ahead.

I forgot that this was something you were working on...is it still moving ahead.

I sure hope so! This would add such a huge multiplier to game play across the spectrum. In life communities, milsim, pvp, etc. Every arena would be affected for the better. This is one thing this game has been missing. To add this would be a game changer. 

Nice!!!! I love Duda's advanced sling loading, very much looking FWD to this rappel mod!!!

~Rob

Haven't worked on this in a while. Spent most of my time working on towing and ai command. Hopefully I'll pick this up again!

• Like 1

This is amazing. How does this affect the water, or objects in water?

Haven't worked on this in a while. Spent most of my time working on towing and ai command. Hopefully I'll pick this up again!

Oh gosh! I sure hope so!

This is looking feckin' brilliant as it is, I really hope you pick it up again soon!