barbolani

APEX - Tanoa Questions

Hi!

I am dev of a mission which seems to fit perfectly on Tanoa. Lots of the player base are awaiting with expectation the APEX edition, but also an update from Antistasi to Tanoa.

Mainly because is infantry resistance focused, and Tanoa seems a perfect theatre for this kind of scenario.

I purchased APEX preorder to have access ASAP to Tantoa content.

But I see there is nothing yet....

I know specific dates are hard to provide but my question is: what are the plans for publishing in dev branch the Tanoa content and documentation?

I am specifically interested in classnames (weapons, soldiers, groups, buildings) and the island itself.

The objective is to launch Antistasi Tanoa Edition the same day than APEX is officially released.

I'm sure it will help the success of the edition.

Thanks in advance!!

Arma 3 Apex is launching in Q2 2016. Dev Branch ETA is unknown, however.

I was wondering too, on the blog about apex they said that they have announced most of the vehicles. Might be a misinterpretation from me but as far as I know they only announced the types of vehicles (VTOL)

I was wondering too, on the blog about apex they said that they have announced most of the vehicles. Might be a misinterpretation from me but as far as I know they only announced the types of vehicles (VTOL)

BI has shown already the civilian plane, the Zodiac boat with wheel, the two Spec Ops boggies drawings, the NATO VTOL drawing and the water-scooter.

Yes but I am not meaning seeing the actual vehicles.

I was wondering if the classnames and some kind of vehicle specs will be published, and when. Same with soldiers or cfg_groups.

For example: the OPFOR tank will be "O_Tank_Tanoa_F" or whatever.

In this way I can be more prepared to launch the mission on time.

Yes but I am not meaning seeing the actual vehicles.

I was wondering if the classnames and some kind of vehicle specs will be published, and when. Same with soldiers or cfg_groups.

For example: the OPFOR tank will be "O_Tank_Tanoa_F" or whatever.

In this way I can be more prepared to launch the mission on time.

I doubt they're going to release content before its actually supposed to be released (In the terms of vehicles anyway). Just going to have to wait till it actually comes out.

• Like 1

Patience my friend. There will be enough time for every mod creator to prepare their edits for the stable release (f.e. King of the Hill, Battle Royal etc.) of the APEX content.

Can BI add F-35 to ArmA 3 (as VTOL) with Apex ? As pilots, we'd really love that.

• Like 1

Can BI add F-35 to ArmA 3 (as VTOL) with Apex ? As pilots, we'd really love that.

If you post this a 3rd time while stroking a frog's belly it just HAS to come true!

• Like 4

Patience my friend. There will be enough time for every mod creator to prepare their edits for the stable release (f.e. King of the Hill, Battle Royal etc.) of the APEX content.

Despite KotH is a very well done mission, it is FAR away from Antistasi in this matters. I will need much more time and tests to do the adapt.

Plus there may appear other features on which Tanoa could suit well (Island group game play, sea dominance importance, fast travel inside island / outside islands) and need develop. Those "blockbusters" won't ever need to worry about.

Despite KotH is a very well done mission, it is FAR away from Antistasi in this matters. I will need much more time and tests to do the adapt.

Plus there may appear other features on which Tanoa could suit well (Island group game play, sea dominance importance, fast travel inside island / outside islands) and need develop. Those "blockbusters" won't ever need to worry about.

i am pretty sure tanoa will hit dev branch before the full release...

i am just as sure the class names will not be published before hand

Wish they made a VSTOL aircraft like the F-35, that would be awesome! :bounce12:

I really wish they don't spend a single minute on any aircraft and really hope they spend it on AI improvements, specially with the jungle fights we have ahead.

I really wish they don't spend a single minute on any aircraft and really hope they spend it on AI improvements, specially with the jungle fights we have ahead.

heh I don't think that modelers (creators of vehicles, aircrafts, guns) can work on AI improvements (programmers - guys that write code)

I know.

It's just is amazing for me how people asks more for a vtol plane than for a better AI in CQB for example....

I am the kind of guy that thinks on Arma about an infantry simulator, more or less gamey. Planes are great for AI giving support, but the real fun is with your feet on the ground.

Specially if you are a barely armed polinesian in the middle of the jungle fighting against any hi tech superpower.

• Like 2

Have you allready tried the unsung A3? we have jungle fights in there and AI works pretty well in jungle enviroment. they go prone in the bushes so they or you can't see them (making them react on sound more than visuals) and they use trees as cover

Yes, and it is in a to-do list and seems quite good. But regarding this mission I rather stick to official content.

If you look at ArmA3\Addons, then you will notice some PBOs with *_exp* suffix which are possibly Tanoa data.

If you look at ArmA3\Addons, then you will notice some PBOs with *_exp* suffix which are possibly Tanoa data.

"exp_a" and "exp_b" are for Nexus and Eden.