Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Antonov now realeased baby!

OMFG!!! Ive been waiting for this a helluva long time! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

PS: Today is a great day for addons!

Hmh... It looks ok, but too bad it has no proper lod levels (also no shadow) so its useless at least for me.

The "flight model" is also pretty weird, the nose turns up/down as fast as in a A10 tounge.gif

well im at 55% more to go what about you fellas?

Shame on you denoir! thats supposed to go in the stunt man thread. wink.gif

anyways, this looks great. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Oct. 20 2002,04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shame on you denoir! thats supposed to go in the stunt man thread.  wink.gif

anyways, this looks great.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

don't worry i just contributed to the stuntman thread.

So ive just noticed very nice.

Is it me or does it seem like this thing could hold more than 6 squads if the engine allowed it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Oct. 20 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So ive just noticed very nice.

Is it me or does it seem like this thing could hold more than 6 squads if the engine allowed it?<span id='postcolor'>

engine allows like 70 groups over 200units give it a try.

Well it´s reallly fu**ing awesome, but flight model is really unrealistic, on my first flight I managed to make a looping ;-)

But it´s a great addon!

Looks great, the flight model does need improving though.

RED

Great Model wish the maps where much bigger though for flying these babies. Don't know why but I cant find the one with the nose open.

in the next version would you make the landing gear work and on the static model make it animated ?

oh btw great plane, i squeezed 7 scuds in it biggrin.gif

I must say that this addon is just incredible!

It is everything I hoped for. As for the flight handling... are you all nuts?confused.gif? I think the flight handling is perfect? How much better do you want it? The AI takes off, the AI lands. It turns easily, it doesn't stall easily. I mean come on. It's not going to get much better then that.

I take my hat off to Konyak. the only thing that I think could use improving is the sound. The C-17 beta addon for example has better sound. But still even that is not bad at all.

Right now I'm working on a Spetsnaz airborne assault mission with it and the view from the inside sitting next to the open cargo bay is just mind blowing. When you use the new "flyinheight" option for the airplane (before 1.85 it only worked for helicopters) and set it to like 30meters, you get the impression that pilot is trying to fly below radar coverage on an infiltration mission. It feels super cool and really adds to the ambience of the game.

Of coarse this plane is normally not used for airborne assault missions (those are usually done with smaller Russian cargo planes like the An-12 Cub and the An-72 Coaler) so I hope that Konyak will use his talent to work on more cargo planes such as the two I mentioned.

At any rate I absolutely LOVE this addon. Terrific work Konyak! At last the Ruskies have something to do real airborne missions from. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Someone needs to make a quick little Air Drop and get a SS of 200 Paras lol

hmm, cant seem to find the thing on the site, can anyone please post a direct link?

Thanks

smile.gif

I noticed a minor detail that the maker forgot about.   You cant turn up the wheels =(

So ah would you be so kind as to post a direct link to the addon, I would really love to try it out. wink.gif