Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Antonov now realeased baby!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Oct. 26 2002,22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't help but make some attractive images of this beautiful plane.....<span id='postcolor'>

Wow! Those are great pics! Now if only the F14's would fly in formation like that for more then a few seconds without smashing into the Antonov! LOL!

I used the slower Su-25 aircraft as CAP for my Antonov in the mission I'm working on, but I have to set their altitude lower then that of the An-124 or else they smack into it. sad.gif

Still they do the job nicely and take out AA guns and stuff.

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 26 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Oct. 26 2002,22wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't help but make some attractive images of this beautiful plane.....<span id='postcolor'>

Wow!  Those are great pics!  Now if only the F14's would fly in formation like that for more then a few seconds without smashing into the Antonov!  LOL!

I used the slower Su-25 aircraft as CAP for my Antonov in the mission I'm working on, but I have to set their altitude lower then that of the An-124 or else they smack into it.  <!--emo&sad.gif  

Still they do the job nicely and take out AA guns and stuff.

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Im not gunna reveal how I did it actually, but I had lots of time to work out a good angle.

[advert] IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO TAKE ATTRACTIVE IMAGES OF THEIR UNIT, PLEASE ASK ME!!! [/advert]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Oct. 26 2002,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Oct. 25 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad that the plane can go thru buildings and trees i can land on a forest no problem  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That certainly doesn't happen here..  Yes, the wingtips can plow through the ground and trees, but the plane will crash when it hits a forest.  I've done it enough when taking screenshots and aren't looking where I'm going smile.gif

BTW;   gear is working now (and it crashes when trying to land gear up).  I am working on ramp animations, but I need your opinion:

I can have the ramp activated in a few ways.  

1.  Rear ramp opens when gear is lowered.  

2.  Add a user action so that it can be lowered independantly.

3.  Ramp opens when flaps are deployed.

The benefits from having it connected to an event like flaps or gears, is that you can do it in flight, anytime.   If it's a user action, you can only do it on the ground, (until BIS fixes that bug), or by script.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the flaps thing, because when paradropping, flaps will most likely go down, rather than the gear.  Drawback to that is that when AI lands, rear ramp will always be down (same if it were the gear).

If you can force AI to lower flaps by script, then it should be easy to have him realistically open rear ramp when coming to the drop zone. Konyak<span id='postcolor'>

if you can animate the rear ramp and have it operated independantly go for it, if not than i kinda think you shouldn't bother, i just don't think it would look right if it came in to land w/ its back ramp down.

Maybe the ramp can come down when its speed is either 0 is less than 10 or something?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Oct. 26 2002,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't help but make some attractive images of this beautiful plane.....

(they make take a while to load)

Copy these URLS into your location bar if they bring up the annoying "FORTUNECITY" thing

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy4.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy5.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy6.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Nice pics Jamesia. What's your viewdistance set to in that final one? Looks to be several km at least. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Oct. 27 2002,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe the ramp can come down when its speed is either 0 is less than 10 or something?<span id='postcolor'>

That would be cool....accept then it wouldn't open for paratrooper missions in flight...or if you just wanted to have a nice view from the cargo section as a paratrooper while it flys to your drop zone.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Oct. 27 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Oct. 26 2002,21wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't help but make some attractive images of this beautiful plane.....

(they make take a while to load)

Copy these URLS into your location bar if they bring up the annoying "FORTUNECITY" thing

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy4.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy5.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jamesia999/sexy6.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Nice pics Jamesia. What's your viewdistance set to in that final one? Looks to be several km at least.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its the maximum view distance, which I think is 5000m (5km). Don't think thats how I normally play operation flashpoint..... in those graphics.... when playing like that the frame rate is down to like, 0.5! (thats an estimate)

Love the pics Jamesia! After hearing the reasoning for ramp animations, especially from the mission makers perspective, I'm going to go for user action.

Good news as well, I managed to get the cargo to show up from the outside finally. Don't know exactly why it didn't work, but all I did was delete a lot of unused selections from the resolution LODs. Also, only the first 22 or so soldiers can be seen from the outside, but that is plenty, as when you stand there, the plane tilts away so you cant see further anyway.

I am making experiments on the gear animations, that I haven't seen before, but it'd make the whole thing 99% real looking.

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Oct. 27 2002,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After hearing the reasoning for ramp animations, especially from the mission makers perspective, I'm going to go for user action.<span id='postcolor'>

That's good news. I was hoping you would. Thanks Konyak. smile.gif

Any idea of a release date for the new version?

I had a rather odd thought the other night.....would it be possible for you to make a closed static version? If it wasn't too much trouble of course.

The reason being is that any remotely skilled editor could place a couple soldiers, some cargo, and some cameras and get a quick "hijacking" mission or at least some "In-flight" cutscenes in the cargo bay (Someone also mentioned a ladder to the cockpit level for the static version, which would be even more outstanding for a closed version.).

It would be, in my opinion, the thing that completes the total functionality of your addon.

If something like that is too much of a pain in the ass, then no worries....The entire addon rocks, and I'm glad to hear that you're continuing to make it even better.

Vor

Yes I was also wondering how the update was coming along. Please keep us informed Konyak. smile.gif

Well, I sort of fell out of the loop when my internet connection was busted at home and I couldn't keep up on things here at work, info needed to do the things I needed to learn, but I've gotten the following things working:

Gear animations completely finished with gear doors animated. (you can see them here)

Rear Cargo door are now animated as a user action: 4 doors opening.. pretty cool to see.

Shadow is working, only it is undersized for the plane, seems to be a limit on shadow size in the engine. Not obvious though.

Troops are showing up from the outside now.

Not done:

2 more res lods for static and flyable versions.

Animated front cargo doors.

Static model with animated cargo doors and ramps. (shouldn't take long as it uses same animations as the other one)

Beefier sound.

Can't say when it's ready, going to US next week and I'd rather not say it'll be ready before I go, but who knows smile.gif

Konyak

sounds great cant wait till the next release...

good luck. Nathan biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Update pls  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree! That was a long time ago. I hope Konyak hasn't abandoned it. Last I heard he had the landing gear working so I don't know why he never released an update, especially since it's probably the best cargo plane addon made yet. Aside from the landing gear problem, I think it's perfect. Great model, great textures, great sounds, good handling (it can actually land and take off when flown by player or the AI).

So hopefully Konyak will give us an update or at least release what he has so far. I frankly don't care about animations. The door can stay open as far as I'm concerned cuz it's a beautiful view from the seats near the rear door.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi and happy new year guys,

Sorry for the Falling-off-the-face-of-the-Earth trick, but I put together my new puter over the holidays and I've installed the OS like 8 times since the new year to get it just right smile.gif

I only just set up O2 again the other night and I've got the plane to the point that it needs one more res lod, flash bug is giving me hell and some other minor things. Sorry to keep you waiting so long confused.gif

I'll post here when it's up for dl, rather than start a new thread.

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 19 2003,23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Update pls  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did this thread need digging up?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Jan. 20 2003,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 19 2003,23wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Update pls  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did this thread need digging up?<span id='postcolor'>

Not really. Just did search choose the two addons map and the word antonov smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Jan. 20 2003,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll post here when it's up for dl, rather than start a new thread.<span id='postcolor'>

That's great news Konyak. I had pretty much written off a new release of your plane after not hearing from you in a while. I think that you should start a new thread when you release the new version as in my experience addons are a lot less publicised when the release news is posted in an old existing thread since people don't tend to read them after a certain point. Besides, all your hard work is surely worthy of a new one? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Jan. 20 2003,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Jan. 20 2003,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll post here when it's up for dl, rather than start a new thread.<span id='postcolor'>

That's great news Konyak. I had pretty much written off a new release of your plane after not hearing from you in a while. I think that you should start a new thread when you release the new version as in my experience addons are a lot less publicised when the release news is posted in an old existing thread since people don't tend to read them after a certain point. Besides, all your hard work is surely worthy of a new one? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree...it definitely deserves a new thread when the final version of the Antonov is done! I can't wait! It's still my favorite cargo plane in OFP!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Does it bother you that friggin much?

DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO,

Idiots

don't call us idiots. Ur the idiot who is spamming in order to get ur number of posts up....

Jamesia you are the idiot kmow one likes you and if you dont like it

PS:Stop cusing everyone about there addons and stuff or something!

GO BACK TO RUSSIA

Capital L LOSER

Thanks

Luke