G'day Delta Hawk, 

New uniforms are looking great. Love the look of the urban tiger stripe.

For the past few months I have been mentioning new BDUs but have shown nothing.  To be honest I'm reluctant to show much for certain reasons but I find myself in a position where some how, some way, I will release my new BDUs.  These BDUs will be nothing like my previous release.  There will be many different camo patterns and BDU variants.  Together with other mods like CUP, RHS .etc the possibilities are endless.  Here is just a small glimpse into what I am creating.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-22-25-57.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-27-35-62.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-39-55-16.png

Very good! Really excited! Also I wanted to ask, your BDUs in the US when you folded the sleeves they are white? Our BDUs aren't like that, you fold them and they still have the camo.

5082827737_c891502ede_b.jpg

• Like 1

ouch that's some of the finest M81 out there. The all-black shit stompers are pure win!  ;)

Brilliant work! Really glad to see and hear about the camo variety.

Very good! Really excited! Also I wanted to ask, your BDUs in the US when you folded the sleeves they are white? Our BDUs aren't like that, you fold them and they still have the camo.

BDU fabric with a camouflage pattern usually are light on the inside because of how the pattern is printed on the fabric http://special-warfare.net/database/301_uniforms/bdu_2nd_ehw_01.html.  I do have to adjust the colors a little bit though so it's not so white.  Those Greek soldiers have their sleeves rolled up in a way the cuff is folded on the outside, just like the US Army use to do a decade ago with the BDUs.

• Like 1

BDU fabric with a camouflage pattern usually are light on the inside because of how the pattern is printed on the fabric http://special-warfare.net/database/301_uniforms/bdu_2nd_ehw_01.html.  I do have to adjust the colors a little bit though so it's not so white.  Those Greek soldiers have their sleeves rolled up in a way the cuff is folded on the outside, just like the US Army use to do a decade ago with the BDUs.

Yeah I got it now but aren't you always supposed to fold them like this? Unless it's a rule only for the Greek army.

• Like 1

For the past few months I have been mentioning new BDUs but have shown nothing.  To be honest I'm reluctant to show much for certain reasons but I find myself in a position where some how, some way, I will release my new BDUs.  These BDUs will be nothing like my previous release.  There will be many different camo patterns and BDU variants.  Together with other mods like CUP, RHS .etc the possibilities are endless.  Here is just a small glimpse into what I am creating.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-22-25-57.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-27-35-62.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/arma3%202016-06-22%2022-39-55-16.png

Looks awesome, can't wait to take these to Panama, and the OD versions to Vietnam!

Also - I'd like to throw in another request for making your radio backpack work as an actual long range radio, I have not been able to find any working vintage working TFAR radio backpacks. It's a bummer using modern backpacks on vintage gear! Also a request not to make the pack too large. A lot of uniform packs end up being 500+mb because they offer every camoflage pattern ever, I really like how your previous pack focused on 80s-90s, having OD, woodland, DCU, and chocolate chip is a great pack. Some more options on that front would be cool. Rolled up BDUs like you show, sleeveless, etc.

Thanks for your work!

• Like 2

Yeah I got it now but aren't you always supposed to fold them like this? Unless it's a rule only for the Greek army.

At least for US Marines when it's "sun's out, guns out" they roll them like the Marine picture.  With the US Army and Air Force it's like the picture you posted.  Other than US Military I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you.  In the field though it's up to commander's discretion.

Looks awesome, can't wait to take these to Panama, and the OD versions to Vietnam!

Also - I'd like to throw in another request for making your radio backpack work as an actual long range radio, I have not been able to find any working vintage working TFAR radio backpacks. It's a bummer using modern backpacks on vintage gear!

Thanks for your work!

It's on my to-do list ;)

• Like 2

At least for US Marines when it's "sun's out, guns out" they roll them like the Marine picture.  With the US Army and Air Force it's like the picture you posted.  Other than US Military I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you.  In the field though it's up to commander's discretion.

Alright thanks dude. Hope we see more soon!

Thank you so much for doing this. 

I think you got it spot on.

http://i.imgur.com/jWFO7KH.jpg

That is me in 29 Palms around 1998, I think you hit the nail on the head. I still have those green on black jungles for mowing the lawn.

Here is the album I uploaded to Imgur if you need references for late 90s Heavy Equipment, 29 palms, Operation Alaskan Road and just my daily crap.

http://imgur.com/a/BsUpM

Keep it up though Delta Hawk, I'm digging your work.

• Like 4

That is me in 29 Palms around 1998, I think you hit the nail on the head. I still have those green on black jungles for mowing the lawn.

Here is the album I uploaded to Imgur if you need references for late 90s Heavy Equipment, 29 palms, Operation Alaskan Road and just my daily crap.

Thank you for this it's just amazing looking through your album. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Thank you for this it's just amazing looking through your album. Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome.

Also about the rolled sleeves, usually in any sorts of training or deployment where you have your rifle you are not supposed to roll them up; or at least that was the case in the 90s. Commanders could set it so that if you were in camp or whatnot you could roll them up but out and about in vehicles, with rifles or on foot you had to roll them down. We normally had to unroll anytime we had a pack on, even if it was just a platoon hump for training.

I had green or blue coveralls on a lot of the time when operating vehicles on base and we had to switch out to "Cammies" when we went on any sort of training op. We had to blouse our boots with boot bands, which are rubber band or metal springs with hooks you wrapped around the upper part of your boot, then tucked the cuff of the pants over and underneath to hold them in place. We also had to iron our "Cammies" which I've heard isn't done now, which produced those button fades as you see on Delta Hawk's Marine. We still shined our boots and had to even iron the hell out of our covers (hat) to make sure we were looking the part. 

I was in from 97-01 (got out 2 months before 9/11) and this was all true for my air wing stationed self lol.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Always great to hear from my fellow Tufenhundels about my work.  I was at 29 stumps in 06' for Mojave Viper.  Kind of odd they got ya'll to build a road in Alaska but I bet that was a great experience.  We don't iron our cammies now since they're suppose to have a permanent crease nor do we shine our boots but we do have to brush them and stick cardboard cutouts in our covers.

• Like 4

Thanks.  Always great to hear from my fellow Tufenhundels about my work.  I was at 29 stumps in 06' for Mojave Viper.  Kind of odd they got ya'll to build a road in Alaska but I bet that was a great experience.  We don't iron our cammies now since they're suppose to have a permanent crease nor do we shine our boots but we do have to brush them and stick cardboard cutouts in our covers.

The road was from a deal way way back with a Native American tribe there near Ketchikan where the US used their tribal lands for a radar station during Korea and they got a road... they finally built it in the late 90s, don't think it was complete till like 2003. I was there as the safety and environmental NCO. Got to drive around in that old old CUCV and tell National Guardsmen almost old enough to be my grandpa to slow down using their quarry trucks and wear hearing protection, etc.

We used to have this metal cover insert for ours that you would put in and then starch the snot out of it before ironing. All that starch made everything fade, so I'm really glad you got that covered. I'll be making some missions with your mod for sure, do wish we had some 900 series 5 tons for Arma 3 though.

Does this work with ALiVE mod btw or have you thought about that?

• Like 3

The road was from a deal way way back with a Native American tribe there near Ketchikan where the US used their tribal lands for a radar station during Korea and they got a road... they finally built it in the late 90s, don't think it was complete till like 2003. I was there as the safety and environmental NCO. Got to drive around in that old old CUCV and tell National Guardsmen almost old enough to be my grandpa to slow down using their quarry trucks and wear hearing protection, etc.

We used to have this metal cover insert for ours that you would put in and then starch the snot out of it before ironing. All that starch made everything fade, so I'm really glad you got that covered. I'll be making some missions with your mod for sure, do wish we had some 900 series 5 tons for Arma 3 though.

Does this work with ALiVE mod btw or have you thought about that?

About the missions. I already have some done featuring deltahawk's gear. Would you want me to post them here deltahawk?

Your units combined with 80s SF weapons and RHS opfor on CUP OFP terrains... nostalgia intensifies quickly!

FBCDFB714F5E03EE8055926D7A5701F21D095403BF019E8A77344D826F1A28BC99A96E01F3B78B46

• Like 13

Your units combined with 80s SF weapons and RHS opfor on CUP OFP terrains... nostalgia intensifies quickly!

Whiskey tango foxtrot, over?  You take two awesome pictures and leave it at that?  lol  What terrain is that?

Hey Delta Hawk, do you think you could increase the inventory space of the uniforms to the same as the vanilla uniforms? You can barely carry anything in them at their current "load".

Also, out of curiosity, are all of the rolled uniforms going to have the "camo facing in", instead of the "facing out" style? I'm not asking for the latter or anything, just curious.

I'll adjust them.  They should at least be able to carry three m16 magazines.  All rolled sleeves would be this way.  There will be too many uniforms to have both.

I think is Everon or Malden. Old ofp maps were released in CUP Terrains few days ago.

Yup, Everon from CWR2 ported by CUP Terrains team. Been runnin' those virtual places since 2005, first in OFP then in A2 CWR2.

I actually didn't intend these pics as a dedicated photoshoot. That was taken with splendid camera while I was refreshing my mission making abilities.

The assault element consisted of 1 RHS M1 Abrams with IFF and other modern panels hidden, and 1 squad of US Army infantry w. 80s SF M16s and M60s.

Seen there is an AI that had stopped to provide eyes (i hope that was it's intention) on possible FIA ambush along the treeline.

Myself being SL and holding up in the adjacent house with other AI semi-randomly trying to exit the town.

Ended up quite boring TBH since M1 chewed up almost all the FIA fighters and managed to take an RPG-7 basic type round to the turret face plate.

ANACHORISM!!!!! ANACHORNISM!!!!!!!! A4s DIDNT COME UNTIL THE MID 2000S ANACHRONISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best do it before a real keyboard warrior does. More to the point, those are great photos! :)

• Like 1