DOWNLOAD

SOURCE FILES:

dropbox link is down, PM me if you want source files via weTransfer or similar

ARMAHOLIC:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31654

Steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766707192

WHAT?

Hand drawn full rvmat retextures of vanilla Arma 3 assets by lordfrith.

Dirty, stitched together, patchy outfits for the discerning scavenger-about-town, similar to the familiar post-apocalyptic worlds of Mad Max, Stalker, Fallout etc.

FEATURES:

grubby combat rags, filthy officer rags, dirty fisherman's rags, wrecked t-shirts, battered vests, soiled longjohns, broken helmets...

There are no placeable units at the moment,  its a gear pack only.

for screenies see steam workshop link

COMING SOON

entropy

KNOWN ISSUES

custom rvmats sometimes don't load normal maps (engine limitation?)

CREDITS

Bohemia Interactive for making Arma 3. All models are theirs and all assets are adaptions of theirs. And Arma 3 is frikkin awesome

BI Forums community from mod creators to people who answer random scripting questions.

LICENSE
    Friths Ruin by lordfrith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

CHANGELOG

testV 0.00000000001

first release

V1

fixed noob config errors
fixed shiney vests
added proper armour values to vests and helmets
added rolled sleeve varients
added bikeys

V1.1
fixed annoying config error on main menu screen.

v1.2

included futura miles armour values patch

Edited by lordfrith
everybodies dead dave
  • Like 21

fantastic concept, I like the look of these  :)

• Like 1

nice , i wish more dirty and from the war drawn uniforms , that would be nice and realistic, all uniform mods are so licked.

• Like 1

Great look for survivors or refugees.

• Like 1

Yes!!  

A most welcome project, i wish you all the best, progress looks fantastic so far.  ;)

• Like 1

Man I was so sad when I learned that Icewindo lost all his projects, I was despaired to see any good post-apo units for Arma3.

Those look absolutely awesome, I'm waiting like a kid at Christmas eve for this!

• Like 1

hi all,

Thanks for the kind words folks that was an encouraging reception,

Man I was so sad when I learned that Icewindo lost all his projects, I was despaired to see any good post-apo units for Arma3.

@haleks icewindo is one of these modders where his mods always have good examples of how to do interesting things, he's on my mod credit list! and you actually because ravage pretty much kickstarted this idea into motion for me so... thanks dude :- )

i've had some time off this last couple of days so i made a start on the AAF modular helmet and vests.

actually the vests i started a while back but they're quite hard textures to draw as they have so many small sections its easy to become disorientated and took alot of redrawing to get as far as it has.

there are two varieties for the awesome aaf gl vest (the one with the shoulder and groin pads), one with pabric patchs and one with metal plates lashed on.

and yes tartan armour, just try and stop me.

vests1.png

metal plate armour on left

vests2.png

and the modular helmet:

hats.png

the top row has a fabric cover, middle left are bare metal and the next 4 are with leather covers.

so hopefully you can see the idea is the various kit can be combined with some kind of colour/camo consistancy for factions and also mixed up for a more mismatched scavenged look.

i'll also have to edit the configs to reduce the damage resistances to account for the age and reconstruction from non standard materials.

that probebly all the time i've got this week for modding but pretty sure i'll be back next weekish with another update

as always ideas, criticisms, comments, requests and blank cheques for a million pounds are welcome.

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 7

I love what I see - geez I can't wait to play with these bad boys!

Nice work mate.

These look absolutely amazing. One question I have is since you are editing the .rvmat file what code are you using in the config.cpp file to tell it to look at a different .rvmat file?

hi ma77etc

the rvmats are called just after the textures with 'hiddenSelectionsMaterials'

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"mod_folder\Data\texture_name.rvmat"};

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"mod_folder\Data\texture_name.rvmat"};

Awesome, been searching for a while trying to find a way to implement this with my won textures.

Great job on these Skins! Really looking forward to use them on our servers. They fit Exile so damn nice!

Great job on these Skins! Really looking forward to use them on our servers. They fit Exile so damn nice!

That was the first thing that came to my mind also :)

dammit i just wrote nearly a whole update post and then casually closed the window... duh :wacko:

first off let me apologise to all you lovely humans for claiming i'd update in a week and then sheepishly rolling back a month or so later, its not like i got a deadline or anything but, y'know, a mans only as good as his word etc...

to be honest not a huge amount has been done since i was last here because i've been, well, busy doin other stuff IRL and when i've been on arma i've either been breaking my brain trying to learn a bit more scripting or being a combat life saver on 77th jsoc server :).

there is an early draft of the officers uniform on the go now, due to some slight texture mapping glitches on the original model its not possible to add much detail to alot of areas on this one, the pockets and chest of the officers jacket has some unusual stretching which isn't really noticable till you try to add detail and after about 3 redraws i stomped off in a huff. now i look at it again it doesn't look so bad and with some finishing touch's should be looking good pretty soon.

officer.jpg

i'm also having a rethink about end goals. Its takes me roughly 36hours per texture i think which is alot when its coming out of evenings and weekends. Realistically i'm not likely to have the time to do a one-man total-conversion of arma, so instead i've been looking into how to make my new textures sit a little better with existing modded and vanilla assets so my stuff which can be used alongside other assets and not stand out too much. i think i already said my drawing style was a bit comic book but i'm gonna need to photo-realism it up a bit if this is gonna work. it looks ok in the screens i've posted above but close up and with other assets it looks a bit weird i think. any input on this would be appreciated as i'm pretty noob at photo-realism

2016-01-12_00006_1.jpg

yeah my edges need work, i'm a long way off the nice crisp lines on them vanilla assets.

so thats about it, sorry theres not much to show you just now. ;)

2015-11-28_00001.jpg

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 8

so thats about it, sorry theres not much to show you just now. ;)

A little is a lot.....when it's made with love.  :wub:

• Like 1

Nice update :) Appreciate all the time you spent for this nice project so far! Looking forward for further updates and take your time

• Like 1

Hey man these look really great. If you want any help with anything hit me up here or in the Discord server. I've done quite a few tutorials on texture creation and config editing for them available on my youtube. ;-)

thanks for the feedback again folks!

@Ma77h3hac83r one step ahead of you my friend, already scoped your youtube channel :) the tutorials on all the fiddly stuff like ui labels etc will be very helpful.

oh and i found the time lapse texture creation strangely relaxing, apart from when the text flashes up saying 'photoshop crashes so i have to create the texture again', i think i had a mild heart murmur! :blink:

oh and i found the time lapse texture creation strangely relaxing, apart from when the text flashes up saying 'photoshop crashes so i have to create the texture again', i think i had a mild heart murmur! :blink:

So did I. Fortunately it's pretty easy to make a new texture using the templates I made.

• Like 1