lordfrith

[WIP] Friths Ruin: post-apocolypse rvmat re-textures

In case somebody wants to keep developing this mod : there are textual errors on some of the uniforms. I think it's meant to say "I am a big zombie" in very poorly translated French, but it is written "Je suis le grande zombie", which actually translates to "I am the (masculine) tall (feminine) zombie".
107410_20180317000025_1_zpsbldekjev.png

You could change "le" for "la" for it to make sense as a feminine-gendered sentence, or remove the "e" at the end of "grand" for it to make sense as a masculine-gendered sentence. Still, both would only mean "I am the tall zombie", which wouldn't be a very punch-y statement to put on a shirt, and it wouldn't make much sense to talk about being "the zombie" in the singular when there's evidently not just one.

Replacing "le" by "un", such that the phrase reads "Je suis un grand zombie", would be more fitting, and would also be more punch-y, like the stuff that people would actually write on a T-shirt.

I would fix this myself, but have no idea how to do it. Personally I just don't use those specific uniforms, but they still show up on other characters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

thanks fr the comment,

@GabDube you are both quite right and quite wrong, this is terrible french yes... its from a Dr john song, whose face is on the front of the shirt. Most of the lyrics in english don't make much more sense, the t-shirt slogan is more or less correct to the song however.

its a great album btw :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi @lordfrith, the link to your source files is currently throwing a 404 error for me, any chance of a new link? Thank you. :-)

• Like 1

Hey EO,

does your interest in the source files hint towards a new texturing/modeling project of yours?

• Like 2

Yeah man! ^^

I started a little something when the source files were first released, but I'm damned if i can find them on my PC right now. :razz:  

Hopefully soon I can also share some Factions I created using Frith's Ruin. (using the ALiVE ORBAT Tool)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EO said:

source files is currently throwing a 404 error for me

oh damn that'll be because i cleared the source files and a bunch of other stuff off dropbox to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. I'll have to either reupload later or find somewhere else (maybe armaholic?) to house them. duh sorry

in the mean time i can 'wetransfer' them to you or something if you'd be happy with that? PM for details

9 hours ago, EO said:

I started a little something when the source files were first released

cool, i look forward to seeing that.

I tried sorting the source files out a bit for public consumption but... it was looking like a huge job and i was tired etc. Having used them ; where they alright to use or where you tearing your hair out digging through a crazy mess? anything i really could do for ease of use?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

in the mean time i can 'wetransfer' them to you or something if you'd be happy with that? PM for details

PM sent. 

54 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

I tried sorting the source files out a bit for public consumption but... it was looking like a huge job and i was tired etc. Having used them ; where they alright to use or where you tearing your hair out digging through a crazy mess? anything i really could do for ease of use?

They seemed fine to me. ^^

In fact it was quite something looking at the work put into each asset, that artistic style is just as beautiful when seen in 2D.

• Thanks 1

Adding a little Ruin to some vanilla assets...

4DDFF2A6B366DE6FA0BE0229B9BF1FA9E355D718

Safari hat from Orange DLC.

• Like 6

Vanilla balaclava in a "ruined" style...

6B6FFBAAFA4CD2E6A8132BA1598E41A08772FBBC

• Like 8

Cool outfit!

I already see the warning note appear in missions:

Survivors Beware!

There's a new Gang in the hood:

The Stitched Gimps!

You absolutely DONT WANT to be captured alive by them! They force you to watch 1990's action movies nonstop for 48 hours straight and then they do something not-so-straight to you... :shock::tounge2::tounge_o:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, tourist said:

They force you to watch 1990's action movies nonstop for 48 hours straight

this bit i'd have no trouble with ;)

On 7/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, EO said:

Vanilla balaclava in a "ruined" style...

cool looking stuff, thanks for putting in the time to add to what i half finished!

• Like 3