maquez

RC 1.54 (Nexus Update) testing - feedback

New sounds are nice.

The fatigue is deceived. 

Then, I do not know if is only with me but the animation of the bipod once opened don't works and when fate of the vehicles my soldier takes binoculars.

strange update ^^

My first observation was the stamina/fatigue. Wholly unrealistic, unless were simulating overweight recruits, or ancient reservists.  Someone who is reasonably fit isn't going to be so weighed down that they can only walk. While playing on a King of the Hill server, with ammo perk, I'd be equipped with the NAVID with 600 rounds. I can only walk! If it were the M240B, that'd would be reasonable

The Navid is heavier than the M240B, since it's an MG5 fitted with 9.3mm.

Registered just to complain. Yes, it is not about realism anymore, but making soldiers into criples. It's 2035, all of them are enhanced (obviously), why can't they run with a big gun anymore and then stop, pick up rangefinder and look straight instead of swaying it in all 4 directions like a madman? I always liked realistic, even hardcore gameplay, but this update broke something which was working just fine. I have no idea who tested this in RC branch and why did they gave a green light to this (it's not like they didn't have a say or anything).

Cause if there is no punishment for carrying a MMG, people will flood the steam forum that community modes like Koth are unbalanced, cause everyone runs around with a Navid. 

Also complainers, like you, are responsible for this change, since people whined that fatique is unrealistic and therefore BIS made it EASIER and dumbed it down and with Stamina there are still complainers. 

BTW. this was tested since the start of november on Dev branch and in the RC branch, you had a long time for giving your feedback.

- missions saved with 1.52 can not be loaded with 1.54, error missing addon 3den pops up.

- new stamina and fatigue ... this must be a bad joke, my mother in law walks faster than this and she is 98 years old :D (unfortunately any no fatigue or stamina addons do not work anymore!)

ACE 3 is fixing the problem completly for me.

Cause if there is no punishment for carrying a MMG, people will flood the steam forum that community modes like Koth are unbalanced, cause everyone runs around with a Navid. 

Also complainers, like you, are responsible for this change, since people whined that fatique is unrealistic and therefore BIS made it EASIER and dumbed it down and with Stamina there are still complainers. 

BTW. this was tested since the start of november on Dev branch and in the RC branch, you had a long time for giving your feedback.

and many people said the sway is ridiculous, and the fatigue rate is also ridiculous. How does tripling sway supposed to be a solution for people who said it was already bad? Hey sway is bad, "OK were gonna triple it for ya!!"
  • Like 1

Seems like this update has broken every single mission that has been created before today. I can not load missions on my servers, nor can I open mission in the editor. It returns "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.3DEN" every time.

Seems like a questionable business move to release an update that breaks every single mission ever created for this game before today....

I had this issue as well, I had to go into the mission SQM file and manually remove the 3DEN from the addons list.

My feedback about the update after testing. The sway is very excessive after holding your breath, and I'm having my player faint (I don't know how that's even in the game). The fainting seems very inconsistent. Is anyone else fainting?

FYI,  Here is a fix fr the excessive sway, post #29

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170504-124-weapon-exaggerated-sway-got-fixed/page-2

1.54, another nail in the coffin, lost 10fps from avg 34 fps to 24 fps on benchmark run through. Good job.

Will try and fiddle another time when I cba'd but at this rate its dip into the game now once a month try, watch it fail then try in another month.

1.54, another nail in the coffin, lost 10fps from avg 34 fps to 24 fps on benchmark run through. Good job.

No change for better or worse on my system.

I bet you're running broken mods or mission if the fps drop is that big.

Here in Armapoint Brazil clan, our server is customized and our addons are reworked and thanks to the new upgrade we will be unable to play through the changes without logics that have been made, unreal things that marred the immersion we had in the game, thanks BIS once again managed hinder us. :wacko:

I do understand that it is annoying to patch mods. But in the end it´s BI:s game and as with any software development it´s risky to run heavy customizations of a platform. The custom mods will probably be incompatible with each update in someway and this is a risk any mod using community takes. This is probably why many clans still run Arma2... they don´t want the future stuff and are able to use less mods on a pretty much stable platform.

Who cares about KOTH? It's just a big deathmatch in style of CS;GO. Die, respawn, rinse and repeat. Though I never kinda liked vanilla Arma 3 and their fatigue system, but the current one is much worse (it seems). I bought Arma 3 for the mods essentially. Server admins disable fatigue all the time, so it's not like there was an issue in KOTH about being unbalanced due to lack of fatigue (or was there even fatigue? don't remember, played only once). As someone mentioned, now the sway is on par with DayZ Standalone, you stand perfectly still, not fatigued, yet your fricking range finder moves in all directions and it is impossible to use it.

Will try and fiddle another time when I cba'd but at this rate its dip into the game now once a month try, watch it fail then try in another month.

My FPS are same as on 1.52. Only fault must be mods - try to disable ALL of them, then write about your resoult.

We have a major problem with the last update 1.54. All missions that was created in older version are not working.

The message is ''You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted.3EDEN'' is showing up. It is clear that the latest update has mess up the structure of the editor.    

Please fix this ASAP , many communities have put allot effort to make missions. 

We have a major problem with the last update 1.54. All missions that was created in older version are not working.

The message is ''You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted.3EDEN'' is showing up. It is clear that the latest update has mess up the structure of the editor.    

Please fix this ASAP , many communities have put allot effort to make missions. 

The just-released hotfix should have resolved this.

Yeah, BIS, you screwed up the gun sounds in first person.  Sounds awful.  Fix it plz.

Also, I don't see an option to turn off the stamina bar.

Still have pp lens effects when switching between scope and backup cqb sight.

Still switches to LAN games after disconnecting from a server in Recent.

A patch or 2 ago created an error message involving the respawn modules.  Still get that error.

Still have the problem where players' guns have no sounds if using mods in mp.  Mind you, I'm talking about vanilla weapons, and other weapons you have the same mod with, so you can see them.  So shot, no recoil anim, no muzzle flash.  DF Lite gets some sounds back on vanilla weapons.  And again, they sound quieter now.  Not good.

AI still drives or flies erratically and nonsensically sometimes.  Units still randomly stop responding to commands or moving every once in awhile.  I swear that bug goes back to OFP.  After switching to gunner, the ai that switched to driver doesn't really respond to move commands.  That's really wonderful.

Thermal is still a fucking joke.  NV is a bit, too.

Object distance set in mission is still set in configuration options permanently.  Really annoying.

No key for collision lights, or at least I can't find it to configure it.

I feel like BIS should work on airplane sim next.  It still doesn't respond well to high altitude or high speed.  There's no drag effect from altitude or external ordinance.  Banking doesn't really move the plane so it always feels like you're landing in a crosswind.  Speaking of landing, there's still no way to add a landing area/glide slope in the mission.  For instance, the Nimitz doesn't get a landing area or glidepath thingy.

Lights often don't show up in PIP.  This makes things like the NV HUD in the F/A18 addon or PIP sights at night completely useless.  Nimitz is lit up like a Christmas tree at night, and NV HUD makes it worse?  Yeah, great.

Would be nice if some of these bugs that have maybe been around since OFP got fixed.

And the sounds!!!! Something is not right with the sounds!  It's difficult to put a finger on, but I think some of it comes from not hearing your own shots crack (which you of course would in real life).

First off - problem only with mod right? So report it on mod's feedback.

Second - YOU CAN TURN OFF Stamina bar in dificulty options (dont know why?)

Third - dont expect all mods/serwers will be updated on one day - it was 2.2GB patch!!!! And lot of changes!!!

"Thermal is still a fucking joke.  NV is a bit, too." - Wut?

Sound engine is brilliant now, test WITHOUT any mod, then we can talk. Just modders must update their mods and all will get back to normal with better features.

Well I disabled the sound mod that I used and still sound is bad.. Distant firefight sounds like popping popcorn.

Take a look at Squad , now that's how the game should sound for starters.

This will pretty much kill my ability to continue playing arma.

If they get rid of legacy versions I may as well uninstall.

This will pretty much kill my ability to continue playing arma.

If they get rid of legacy versions I may as well uninstall.

To my recollection the devs have only ever maintained one-patch-behind on legacy branch, so v1.52 will be the last pre-Nexus build.

To my recollection the devs have only ever maintained one-patch-behind on legacy branch, so v1.52 will be the last pre-Nexus build.

Yes, I know, thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I do understand that it is annoying to patch mods. But in the end it´s BI:s game and as with any software development it´s risky to run heavy customizations of a platform. The custom mods will probably be incompatible with each update in someway and this is a risk any mod using community takes. This is probably why many clans still run Arma2... they don´t want the future stuff and are able to use less mods on a pretty much stable platform.

You're implying that is somehow unavoidable when it really isn't, at all.

You can use ACE 3 to see the weight. BTW i was using night vision very often - there is only more grain and diferent illumination - but in game we have 2035....... Thermal vision also looks good.

Well I disabled the sound mod that I used and still sound is bad.. Distant firefight sounds like popping popcorn.

Take a look at Squad , now that's how the game should sound for starters.

I get the sound is not ideal, but from what mega said. The sound guys have tons of hard work to do and a vision for arma sounds that surpasses what most initially believed would ever be in arma. They don't get much tanks in the short term. And while it's not ideal now. I think the end result justify this run up to it.

I get the sound is not ideal, but from what mega said. The sound guys have tons of hard work to do and a vision for arma sounds that surpasses what most initially believed would ever be in arma. They don't get much tanks in the short term. And while it's not ideal now. I think the end result justify this run up to it.

Yes for sure but the game was released 2 years ago , long time ago!

Now taking a look at other games like Squad (not even released yet offcially) with much better sounds makes you wonder. I'm not saying that dev's are not trying but I think it's a waste of time TBH.

If they have some plans for Arma 4 they should put all their efforts there instead.

I agree about the new sound that is just sounds wrong.The new explosions sound louder and everything else not so loud.I understand that explosions must be heard louder than everything else but what about the old sounds?Wasn't good enough?Or real enough?Also i can't tell the distance by the sound anymore.When you heard an explosion far before,the sound was more.... deep.The new ones are quick and loud even in the distance,i understand about close explosions but far?This removes the feeling of depth from the game as far as i'm concerned.Makes the map seems smaller than it is!

I was able to pay close attention to the far away sounds yesterday and they ain't bad.There's still depth in it and still you can tell the distance of explosion it's just harder to do so with all that hell of explosions around you.I think the other sounds must be a little louder or the explosions a little lower.

• Like 1

I was on proving ground week ago, mont ago, and overall.... i'm driving next to it almost every two weeks. Explosions are so damm loud, so the windows on the bus is vibrating like they are forced to break off - all peoples start to scary - explosions are far away from us - 1,5 - 4 km.
Explosions are major element of battlefield, just like soniccracks they are very loud, and they must frighten the player in the game. Otherwise you can play battlefield, or CoD where you forgot where you are, and just thinking of killing/revenging with the smile of psyho :D

Yeah that's what i like about ArmA games too because most of the elements sound real or close to real.I realised just now that it's beacause my bad connection tearing up the sounds,making them very quick and sometimes i hear even no sound at all.So i can say now positively that the new sounds are actually good and as real as possible.Now about the fatigue system i like how it makes you choose how many equipment you're going to carry.This makes you a better team player.Each different class now counts on the battlefield.

• Like 1