Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Thanks for the information, it won't be a big issue to download 20go.

That's pretty cool. It just goes to show that the Real Virtuality engine can be used in many, many different ways.

I want that hamster ball to play ArmA with!

BBC report with VBS being used for treating PTSD:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19683541

Oh and what looks like a certain member of BI Sim in a hamster ball.

Sorry, that doesn't look like VBS to me. Different character models, different HMMWV, different particle fx.

The whole texture resolution/detail looks quite different too.

Thats not to say VBS isnt capable of doing all that, but it doesn't look like the VBS I know.

Also, that doesnt look like any BI Sim staff I know either ;)

Sorry, that doesn't look like VBS to me. Different character models, different HMMWV, different particle fx.

You are right, it is not VBS 2 (at least not v1.60).

US army Humvee in VBS2:

VBS22012-09-2515-56-19-59_zpsd7e75c5d.jpg?t=1348581554

Happy 11th Anniversary BI!

In celebration BISim has quite a few deals including a drawing for 11 FREE VBS2 1.6 PE licenses, 111 first-come-first-serve 50% off PE Licenses ($211!) and 11% discount off the Commercial Version for any governments still up in the air. Details here: http://products.bisimulations.com/bohemia-interactive-simulations-anniversary

Happy 11th Anniversary BI!

In celebration BISim has quite a few deals including a drawing for 11 FREE VBS2 1.6 PE licenses, 111 first-come-first-serve 50% off PE Licenses ($211!) and 11% discount off the Commercial Version for any governments still up in the air. Details here: http://products.bisimulations.com/bohemia-interactive-simulations-anniversary

Yes, great chance to get ahold of a copy for next to nothing. For anyone out there who's interested in getting into military simulations for a career, this is a opportune time.

Bugger .... wrong time of the month for my personal budget, even at half price! *sigh*

Happy Birthday guys

Yes, great chance to get ahold of a copy for next to nothing. For anyone out there who's interested in getting into military simulations for a career, this is a opportune time.

Um how does one make a career out of this? Cause I want a job.

Um how does one make a career out of this? Cause I want a job.
I'd be curious to know as well.

I'm guessing:

1. Get VBS2.
  2. Learn how to make snazzy content for it.
  3. Get people with money interested in your content.
  4. ???
  5. Carreer. (And thus profit!)

but the PE tools/ license isnt for commercial use. Hmm....

Edited by NZXSHADOWS

Right, so you think you can help us out with item #3?

btt?

Right here on the forums - a large amount (or back when I had a clue) of the VBS content was/is created by people who started off making addons on these forums, either hired or freelanced - the right people tend to take notice if you happen to fill a gap they have.

Gnat;2233071']Bugger .... wrong time of the month for my personal budget' date=' even at half price! *sigh*

Happy Birthday guys[/quote']

Hehe, it's my wife's wrong time of month for me to buy, erhm...*cough* get caught buying expensive games :torture:"please!!!"

That said, Im ready to pull the trigger for that price -is Xaitment yet implemented or coming in the 2.0 upgrade?

Edited by froggyluv

There is def money in making vbs2 content... just gotta know when where and what to make. ;)

Excellent offer, though personally I have no use for it.

Concerning the user generated content, since VBS2 and Arma run on the same engine, you might as well start there.

Any updates on the 2.0 release? I can't seem to get a definitive answer from anyone.

I'm really thinking of picking it up. I just hope that there are still some leftover copies at that price tomorrow morning! (I get paid tomorrow.) :)

Um.. Think that will be a 3rd party plugin for VBS2. Thats what I was seeing from the newsletter.

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a26fbe53f68fee4dde9f902b7&id=62de2e8bba&e=216f24673b - Newsletter September 2012

Not sure I understand the functionality for a novice regarding Plug-Ins -heres to new adventures! Trigger pulled :cheers:

I've rethought. Why would I want to buy a product designed for military customers? I can only see it being cool for a while and the novelty wearing off.

I can always buy it later at full price too. :) (If $422-$500 is the full price, that's a lot cheaper than I thought it was.)

I think Vandrel is talking about this.

You Sir are correct :)

However, if someone feels a little saucy and wants to look else where, there's always contracting for other organizations. The customer-user base for VBS2 is really quite large and employment opportunities are out there every day.

For $211 a pop it's really a nice foot in the door to the industry if you have any desire to make this your career. I did :)

If they had a West Coast Office, in Los Angles,Portland OR, or even Vegas NV. Largest talent pool in the world.