Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

From: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?216961-Today-s-PIX-Wednesday-August-29-2012

FORT BRAGG, N.C. – The Army Special Operations Recruiting truck was unveiled during a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Fort Bragg, Aug. 28. The semi-truck is one of the Support Brigade's rolling display assets designed to attract civilian members to enlist directly for Army Special Operations Forces.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/166/78870653460e55b8d5d8b.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6730/7888435572c6292c8042b.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2844/788842828039be573e7db.jpg

Is that VBS or OA?

Looks more like ArmAII, maybe even I !?

Funny the pilot sits in the right hand seat, but the simulator has him in the left seat.

Gnat;2216437']Looks more like ArmAII' date=' maybe even I !?

Funny the pilot sits in the right hand seat, but the simulator has him in the left seat.[/quote']

I noticed that too.

I noticed that too.

It might just be because of where they had to put the simulator in the truck. If the only spot it could fit was up against a wall on its' left then it would be easier for a person to get into the right seat. It's just supposed to be a recruitment tool anyway. No ones going to call them out on that as long as it goes "Hey you! Join the Navy Army!" Well I guess we would. It was something I noticed too but no one who uses it is probably going to care that much.

I see now. It's in one of those panels on the sides of the truck that comes out so they couldn't fit an entire cockpit. They wanted to give the person the feeling of climbing into the helicopter and they needed the TV to be on the wall it was (or made a poor design decision) so they had to put it that way. Or they just failed to take into account where the pilot sits.

Additionally it looks like it is OA to me. Look at the HUDs. I might be wrong on that since I have never used VBS but that is what the HUD looks like to me. Although I don't see flares on the Littlebird HUD but that might just be because of picture quality and/or lighting.

Edited by Jakerod

It is running OA. Confirmed it with the person who did the scenario for it.

Lets get a copy of that! :)

Im guessing it was just a bird placed on a map. But Im sure it was some what exciting to play around with.

Im guessing it was just a bird placed on a map. But Im sure it was some what exciting to play around with.

No, it's an actual scenario with voice acting and everything. It's pretty neat as a recruiting tool. It won't be released, though.

Thats cool. I wonder when the Take On Helicopters series will be the next heli sim tool for military grade customers. That would have a better approach for a heli sim then an ARMA II/VBS2 2.0 sim.

Thats cool. I wonder when the Take On Helicopters series will be the next heli sim tool for military grade customers. That would have a better approach for a heli sim then an ARMA II/VBS2 2.0 sim.

Customers are already using VBS2 as a base for their sims and making their own modifications with Fusion and of the like to customize the application for their specific training needs. There's no talk about using TOH on our side, if anything we'd expand further on the VBS2 base product.

I'd expect to see the TKoH flight model make its way into VBS2 at some point. In fact, at least to me, it always seemed to be one of the major reasons for TKoHs development was as a test bed for expanding the use of the flight model to other BI products.

VBS has had rotorlib (the engine behind take on) for quite some time...

Anyone know the status of the 2.0 update for PE users? I haven't heard a thing and the VBS2 forums don't have a mention of it.

Yeah can't wait for the PE update, although I know my download quota is gunna hate it :D

Anyone know the status of the 2.0 update for PE users? I haven't heard a thing and the VBS2 forums don't have a mention of it.

I am sure they will give us some informations on the forum once they now when it's ready for us.

I also hope for a release before winter.

Yeah can't wait for the PE update, although I know my download quota is gunna hate it :D

You might ask support for a Boxed Copy. It will cost alil but having a fancy ass lil boxed version for the shelf never killed nobody. Thats what I plan on doing. Im guessing 35gb~40gb would be the range of file size.

You might ask support for a Boxed Copy. It will cost alil but having a fancy ass lil boxed version for the shelf never killed nobody. Thats what I plan on doing. Im guessing 35gb~40gb would be the range of file size.

Yes but the shipping cost must be high, no?

Typically we don't do DVD shipments for upgrades but if requested we're always more then happy to send out copies (at the expense of the customer of course). Compressed/archived download for 2.0 will range around 18-19gb in standard VBS2 download format (7z segments).

If you want to check on prices you can send a email in to Support or Sales, either will be fine. sales@bisimulations.com | support@bisimulations.com