Sign in to follow this  
KXKMAN

1.85 patch troubles?

I dled the patch from CM and got this  did I error?

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.75...

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R03UnderHill.noe.pbo (93597905!=d30b35b9)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R04RatHole.noe.pbo (da2ccdd7!=5f0cd203)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R05TankPlatoon.Noe.pbo (b965bb59!=5310477c)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-12_D_FLAGFIGHT3.NOE.pbo (e8d66c2b!=c1860060)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight.Abel.pbo (e9d00b88!=ba799fe7)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight2Small.Abel.pbo (ec71ede6!=92d193a7)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-9_T_Conquerors.Noe.pbo (5a115322!=abc52aba)

File MPMissions\2-12_T_SectorControl.eden.pbo is missing.

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KXKMAN @ Oct. 14 2002,18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.<span id='postcolor'>

Did you?

I think we've pretty much decided that each forum can have it's own 1.85 thread, so this can be the troubleshooting one, when an MP issue comes up there will be an MP one, same with ME & A&M etc smile.gif

A simple reinstall of 1.75 fixed this right away.

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I feel rather silly....

Do you have 2 CD drives, or 1?

Also, have you used a no CD patch, because you will probably need to restore the original exe to patch it.

Copy missions and MPmissions folders from resistance CD to your ofp folder and try patch again smile.gif

My 1.85 simply does not start.

Patch went though without error, but after "clickClick" nothing happens.

Strange......

Btw. fresh installation

This is the first patch i have trouble with...

I can play 1.85 as Administrator, but starting it as normal user resets my box. Playing as user was possible with 1.75.

Playing as Administrator is not an option sad.gif

Please take note of my post "Flashing white textures ", which seems to be a bug that was introduced with 1.75 affecting the Radeon series of 3d cards.

Thanks

Killian

ofp Dedicated server issues:

On our dedicated server we have noticed the following issues...

The server is reported as 1.82 in the in game browser even though it is labeled as 1.85 on the patch.

When logging in as admin and using the #missions command, the list is returned as blank and no mission can be loaded...I read that this happened to some in earlier patches and the fix was to click OK...this did not work for me...also voted admins in earlier patches were able to see the list...since 1.85 voted admins cannot see the list of missions either. Once you are in the blank missions list I can rarely get out...I have tried hitting OK and also using the #mission command to advance to next mission, however, the mission starts to load...get nearly to the end, and then just hangs...the mission never finished loading...running through rotation seems to work fine as long as an admin does not try to load a mission using #missions. Is this just me or are other admins having similar issues??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have 2 CD drives, or 1?

Also, have you used a no CD patch, because you will probably need to restore the original exe to patch it.<span id='postcolor'>

1 CD driver

there is no CD cracks confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,18:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have 2 CD drives, or 1?

Also, have you used a no CD patch, because you will probably need to restore the original exe to patch it.<span id='postcolor'>

i've got 2 cd drove but i don't have a no cd patch or whatever.

It the first time i have problemes confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Long @ Oct. 14 2002,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My 1.85 simply does not start.

Patch went though without error, but after "clickClick" nothing happens.

Strange......

Btw. fresh installation<span id='postcolor'>

I have the same problem. Resistance logo appears on the screen and then dissappears but nothing happens after that...

I tried again with clean install, but didn't help. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 14 2002,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The server is reported as 1.82 in the in game browser even though it is labeled as 1.85 on the patch.<span id='postcolor'>

It's displaying what version the multiplayer was modifyed in i presume. In the readme there are versions alongside fixes/changes etc.

Just my guess though. smile.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

When double click the installer is says either OFP is not installed on you computer or installation is corrupted. I have OFP installed on D if that means anything.

In an MP game i played tonight I couldn't load alternative ammo for both the Kozlice (ball vs shell) and the T72 (sabot vs heat).

I also got kicked off a lot of servers when trying to connect.

(these were all 1.85 servers, not the 1.75 with the red crosses).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ Oct. 14 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the first patch i have trouble with...

I can play 1.85 as Administrator, but starting it as normal user resets my box. Playing as user was possible with 1.75.

Playing as Administrator is not an option sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you using XP? If you are, make sure that the registry permissions allow the non-Administrator access to the OFP registry keys and values.

Open RegEdit, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters key, and make sure that "Full Control" for the user(s) in question is allowed. Next, click on "Advanced", and check the second checkbox, which propagates the permissions to all child entries.

I know theres metion of a fix for climbing stairs in this patch but the first thing I did after updating was to load up "steal the car" and try to go upstairs in one of the buildings.Guess what... its even worse now.I cant get up the stairs at all

Also whats that weird error mmessage when the game first starts"private# error invalid number in expresion"

Im having the same problem Suchey is. #missions results in a blank list. Also had some crashes when it tried to start maps in the cfg file.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fxppp @ Oct. 14 2002,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Copy missions and MPmissions folders from resistance CD to your ofp folder and try patch again smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, this worked for me too!

Well, I had no problems with the patch - I presume this is because before installing I make sure I have a clean installation.

Since the days when the V1.4x patches came faster than bullets I always have a zipfile containing a copy of my complete OFP folder. No addons or anything. So each time a patch or update comes, I just delete my ofp folder (but for my users directory and the multiplayer maps), then unzip the original installation back.

Never had problems with any patch that way, and it takes only a few minutes to unzip the 800MB archive compared to half an hour or so (including the time to hunt down the box for the cd key) to install everything from scratch.

Until Resistance came out, I used to back up OFP on CD-R media -- I still have all of the official versions and public betas since V1.00 at my desk. It was $0.10 well-spent.

With Resistance, everything became too large to fit onto a single CD-R, so the backup procedure became more complicated.