Sign in to follow this  
KXKMAN

1.85 patch troubles?

Well i tried installing the 1.85 patch but i got a 0.pbo error....no problem, ill just uninstall and reinstall it and it should be fine right ? wrong.

Like i said, i did a complete wipe and clean install ( original OFP + resistance, nothing else.) and then tried to patch.

this time it didn't give me an error at 0.pbo in the beginning like before but after like 5 mins of patching ( took quite some time !wink.gif it gave these errors (i took these out of my patch.log )

File D:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\RES\CAMPAIGNS\RESISTANCE.PBO.tmp: bad checksum: 129688906 (expected=129688683)

File D:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\RES\CAMPAIGNS\RESISTANCE.PBO.tmp: bad checksum: 129688906 (expected=129688683)

D:\ is my second drive, could this error be because i didn't install it in the default drive ? I haven't tried installing it on my primary drive as it is quite full and don't want to start deleting on my C:\ drive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 15 2002,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When logging in as admin and using the #missions command, the list is returned as blank and no mission can be loaded<span id='postcolor'>

Ran into the same problem

Well, my problem started like these problems...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Long @ Oct. 14 2002,19wow.gif4)

My 1.85 simply does not start.

Patch went though without error, but after "clickClick" nothing happens.

Strange......

Btw. fresh installation

I have the same problem. Resistance logo appears on the screen and then dissappears but nothing happens after that...

I tried again with clean install, but didn't help.  <span id='postcolor'>

And then got much worse!   confused.gif

First install of the patch went fine, no errors.  Tried to start Res and it showed "Resistance" on the desktop, then made my screen black, then CTD right away..   sad.gif

So then I checked this thread and saw that it could help to copy the missions and mp missions folders from the res cd to my opflashpoint directory on my hard drive..  Did that, no dice.  

So then I tried to uninstall Resistance so that I could uninstall 1.46 and start all the way over..  When trying to uninstall Res (from the cd or from the start menu), I get this error:

Could not find file  ...Programfiles/OperationFlashpoint/uninstall/resistance.log  

So then I did a search for that file and sure enough, it's not there.. It's not on the Res cd either..

So then I tried to uninstall V1.46 and got this error:

Could not find file ...Programfiles/OperationFlashpoint/Setup.log

So then I did a search for that file and sure enough, it's not there.. It's not on the original OFP cd either..

Ok, now I started feeling:   sad.gif

So then out of desperation I tried reinstalling the V1.85 patch (after rebooting a couple times)  and got this error:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.85 to version 1.85...

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.85...

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R03UnderHill.noe.pbo (d30b35b9!=93597905)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R04RatHole.noe.pbo (5f0cd203!=da2ccdd7)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R05TankPlatoon.Noe.pbo (5310477c!=b965bb59)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-12_D_FLAGFIGHT3.NOE.pbo (c1860060!=e8d66c2b)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight.ABEL.pbo (ba799fe7!=e9d00b88)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight2Small.ABEL.pbo (92d193a7!=ec71ede6)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-9_T_Conquerors.Noe.pbo (abc52aba!=5a115322)

Error found in file MPMissions\2-12_T_SectorControl.EDEN.pbo (e9b24984!=44181920)

Error found in file MPMissions\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag3.noe.pbo (6e278721!=994d11c5)

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file 1.85, phase 10<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif  

So then I copied all those missions from my Res cd to the correct directory and tried the patch another time, this time I got this error:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.85 to version 1.85...

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.85...

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R03UnderHill.noe.pbo (d30b35b9!=93597905)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R04RatHole.noe.pbo (5f0cd203!=da2ccdd7)

Error found in file Missions\Resistance\R05TankPlatoon.Noe.pbo (5310477c!=b965bb59)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-12_D_FLAGFIGHT3.NOE.pbo (c1860060!=e8d66c2b)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight.ABEL.pbo (ba799fe7!=e9d00b88)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight2Small.ABEL.pbo (92d193a7!=ec71ede6)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-9_T_Conquerors.Noe.pbo (abc52aba!=5a115322)

Error found in file MPMissions\2-12_T_SectorControl.EDEN.pbo (e9b24984!=44181920)

Error found in file MPMissions\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag3.noe.pbo (6e278721!=994d11c5)

Operation Flashpoint patch 1.85 has been applied successfully.<span id='postcolor'>

But then it said successfully!!  So I had my hopes up and tried playing Res again, (like I had been in between each of these error descriptions) and the same thing happened... (CTD at startup.)

So I guess it wasn't so successful?   confused.gif

I have one more word I can say (in public) to describe this problem:

HELP

sad.gif     sad.gif      sad.gif

I already miss my OFP.   sad.gif

*****EDIT****

Also, I forgot to mention that I tried using my original OFP CD and tried playing OFP V1.46 and it loaded to a black screen and just stayed there without doing anything, no activity on my hard drive, waited a while and nothing..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 14 2002,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ofp Dedicated server issues:

On our dedicated server we have noticed the following issues...

The server is reported as 1.82 in the in game browser even though it is labeled as 1.85 on the patch.

When logging in as admin and using the #missions command, the list is returned as blank and no mission can be loaded...I read that this happened to some in earlier patches and the fix was to click OK...this did not work for me...also voted admins in earlier patches were able to see the list...since 1.85 voted admins cannot see the list of missions either.  Once you are in the blank missions list I can rarely get out...I have tried hitting OK and also using the #mission command to advance to next mission, however, the mission starts to load...get nearly to the end, and then just hangs...the mission never finished loading...running through rotation seems to work fine as long as an admin does not try to load a mission using #missions.  Is this just me or are other admins having similar issues??<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem.

Looky here smile.gif

Hope that helps you out.

Another thing to try is to start the server.exe without the "-config=xxxx.cfg" and see if that works. If it does, then you got some miss-configs in your cfg too smile.gif

Ok Gameplanet has finished initial testing of 1.85 and I must sadly say I will need to bring it back to 1.75.

Gameplanet is decidedly worse, we have a lot of lag, desync when only a small ammount of players on server (10-15).

A mission that would run good on 1.75 with 20 people will now struggle with 10 people.

CPU load seems to be increased, rather than decreased. We are frequently running on 6-11FPS on missions that usually did not go below 15FPS.

As already stated, when logged in as admin, #missions brings up a blank list. I had to logout, then login to get the missions viewable.

Tank braking has improved greatly, there seems to be no problems with tanks now. Although I did notice the tank did not move a lot while the driver said it was moving. Once again this would be the desync we experienced.

Whatever was changed with the netcode, might be able to be resolved with finetuning the configs in the server.cfg, however settings that were working fine for us now cause a lot of intermittant lag and desync.

We noticed the missions started out ok, but got laggier as the games went on. This was not the sort of lag you'd get with bodies and wreckage and other overheads.

Server specs: Dual 1.6GHZ Athlon 1GB RAM

I will post more as I discover it, I'll be leaving GP 1.85 for a while to provide some details on what needs to be fixed.

I can corroborate what Damage says because i was there. The lag was pretty bad, and at one point everyone was just frozen running in place and the mission had to be switched. sad.gif

I like to know how BIS could have got it so wrong or is this some small cfg error? I hope so, if we can't get 32players running on the GP server then its no good. really as the server on GP is very powerful. Did BIS fix multi-processor support? I hope so but from reports it looks like a big NO. sad.gif

This kinda makes me real sad because if the patch is flopped it be another 4months of waiting for version 1.95 sad.gif

Did BIS do ANY testing? they had a public server up? maybe they should have released a MPBETA test as well as time went on because what it looks like they just edited the code with no testing and just on hope that it would make it better.

I'm positive its just some small bug, I'm confident BIS will have it fixed in no time. (Fingers crossed)

yes this patch lags your ass off!  sad.gif

I dont understand how someone can release such a patch before propper testing it thereselves  confused.gif

The problem i have with installing the 1.85 patch, is it gets so far after verifying the Resistance installation, then says , Error: The disk 1.75 is almost full.

Any ideas. The D:\ drive were it is installed has over 300mb free space on it.

Never had trouble with any other patch.

P.S. : Hope this patch fixes the Geforce 3 prob. At night everything is in black and white on a Ge-force 3 ti 500.

Cheers

GC :angry:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloughy @ Oct. 15 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. : Hope this patch fixes the Geforce 3 prob. At night everything is in black and white on a Ge-force 3 ti 500.

Cheers

GC mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That, my friend, is the effect called "Pixel Shading" in work.

Nothing wrong with OFP or your video-card.

GF3 & GF4 has that effect.

"Did BIS fix multi-processor support? I hope so but from reports it looks like a big NO.

Yes... they did (or it just workrd out that way wink.gif

I patched the Dual Xeon to 1.85 , All seems well.

I do have missions disappear , but if you #vote missions they all come back. (log out as admin or disconnect, once they come up they stayed, I reloggin back in as admin and I had no trouble).

I did'nt notice undue lag.

Our first test with 1.85 was better than with 1.75, regarding netcode. Everything went smoother and cpu load was less (according to our server admin). Did play for a few hours yesterday after i got the patch to run on my system (don't ask me how, though)....

Guest BratZ

Just a note that I patched from 1.75 to 1.85 and I have no troubles and no known problems yet that I know.

I haven't played mp OFP in a while,but If a server is running and it is convienant I might try and check the lag.

If OFP ever fixes the mp issues I may play regularly,I have alotta fun in single player mode tho.

And if you see me online,be easy on me,I haven't played mp in ages!

My system:

AMD 1333 tbird 266bus,512 sdram,Win98se,Asus A7A 266 MB,

Onboard sound,Geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb,

Yamaha lightspeed 20x cdrw,some generic 16x dvd drive

No known probs yet,and patched fine

UH I can't even get 1.85 started. When I click resistance on it causes Illegal operation. Works fine on 1.75 with all sorts of addons.

confused.gif

I guess I have to wait for next patch (1.90 is it?) to actually get it work. Tried fresh reinstall but no good.  mad.gif  Damn I would have liked to see the bicycle in action  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif Uh what I don't understand is why BIS published this patch, if so much trouble is noticed. They should spend more time testing, I have wasted a lot of time to get 1.85 work.

Specs: Win2K SP3

GF4 TI4600

512 mb ram

We run two servers [sAS]Ruby and [sAS]Tigereye on ports 2234/5 and 2236/7.

We run an XP2000 1G mem. 100Mbps

Since 1.85 I have seen the following problems.

1) Low frame rates < 10fps with 22 players. Previously these maps ran well on 1.75.

2) Intermittent loss of map list - this did happen occasionally on 1.75 but is common on 1.85.

3) Large fluctuations in desync values - stuttering and freezing up.

4) Loss of second server in Internet listings – server runs on the machine but the server does not appear in the lists. Can be seen as remote with exact port number.

5) Modified config file error for every player relating to Mi24.

Needless to say I concentrate on the problems but am happy that BIS release such upgrades.

Some advice would be welcome though.

There seems no way back though since all of the games now have 1.85 too:(

[sAS]Razor

ok guys Iam gunna jump over this lag topic thats starting and ask about my miner problem iam having smile.gif

ok i installed 1.85 other day everything ran smooth untill now

I started working on a mission {CTF} put flag on top of building

went to make shur i have done everything right and take the flag ...ran up the stairs ...must say alot better smile.gif

got up there went to climb ladder and was stoped in my tracks ...no action to climb ladder ..mabey a bug ... then i messaged my brother on MSN said go try climb up ladder onto top of building ..wated a few secs he messages me back ..go's all sweet bro ...then i sorta thort this is gay whats goin on so i came here tounge.gif any1 know anything about this ??

I'm going to leave my 1.85 server up for at least one more night before I decide whether to revert back to 1.75.

Currently I'm running it on the following config:

Athlon XP 1900+

1.5 GB DDR RAM

Windows 2000 Server SP 3

On 1.75 the main issues revolved around losing players whenever a new mission started. Almost every time, depending on the number of players, at least 2 players would immediately drop off. Sometimes they might not drop off, but would be ghosted ( 0 ping) when new mission started. Sometimes when I did a #reassign, some players would also be ghosted.

1.85 doesn't seem to suffer from that, but rather is very jerky, i.e. some players are playing several seconds behind or several seconds ahead of me, thus causing mass confusion. It seems very chaotic and hard to accomplish anything. We played with 13 players, and we played with 7 players and it seemed pretty much the same each time. Desynch went from 0 to 10000 at random intervals.

Perhaps there is a new setting we should try in our server cfg file? I hope it's that simple. I'm sure that BIS wouldn't have released this if it weren't working well for their testing.

Hello,

I have been desperate for this patch since Resistance came out, because I have a problem with random and frequent freezes, however, to my DISMAY, the problem still seems to be happening, even when I lower the graphics settings.

I have Athlon XP 1700+ and Via mainboard, as well as GeForce 2 MX400. I have tried the AGP4x solutions, but no luck... anyone found a workaround for this yet?

I started to play Resistanse Campaign today... and i tryed to use the motorcycle in the game to get from industry zone to office.... and you must stop at a fuel station.. but the fuel station does not work.. i can't get fuel from them.. i tryed from 2 stations around industry zone..

I have Res 1.85... and i talked to somone that had done the same in version 1.75 and he cud refuel the motorcycle..

So i think it is a new bug in Res 1.85??  confused.gif

I got it to work.. i added the editor addon from http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net and i started it and tryed to refuel and it was ok... i deleted the addon.. then it also ok... Might of been because i went in to the editor and tryed it before i wen't to campaigne.. dono.. biggrin.gif

And on the mission "Ammo Low" i cudn't get the Ai to drive the Ammo truck's.. Why?

They mounted and jumped right out again..??  This was in 1.75 to....

I guess we all wait for a new patch to fix the new patch, LOL

BIS If you need some online beta testers to help (its obvious you didn't test this patch with 10+ people) then I'm happy to help, I just want these problems fixed ASAP smile.gif

Ok, looks like we got some work to do with 1.85, but one thing that amuses me..

Before the patch everyone says "When is it out? Hurry up BIS"

and after the patch everyone says "Why didn't BIS test this patch? They should of waited a while rather than release it buggy". confused.gif

Gameplanet will be remaining on 1.85 for the rest of the week. All players have been instructed to play like mad and post all bugs / performance problems on the Gameplanet Forums.

As usual BIS will work hard and get a patch out once the problems have been isolated.

Regards,

The only problems I am having with the new patch is that some of the old addons for 1.75 are messed pretty bad whenever I get to the main menu I get a addon error then get one when loading some islands and when I leave mission editor I get another addon error confused.gif

Hello. This is Asmodeus again, I first posted on page 3...

To continue my tale of woe..  

I have now completely uninstalled Operation Flashpoint by manually deleting all files using windows explorer.

I then edited my registry, removing all operation flashpoint registry keys.

I then cold booted.

I reinstalled operation flashpoint using the original cd.  It told me operation flashpoint was already installed?  So I told it to reinstall it.  (BTW, I was also installing it on a completely different hard drive, my main hard drive)

After reinstalling it (with no errors or problems), I launched it and went to the campaign.  I tried to start it and it crashed to desktop.

I applied the first patch (V1.20) successfully and then tried to play again.

Crash to desktop right away.

I applied the next patch (V1.30) successfully and tried to play the game...

Crash to desktop right away.

I applied the next patch (V1.42) and here's what it said:

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.30...

Error found in file Campaigns\1985.pbo (de2cd348!=2cdd8f6b)

Error found in file DTA\Data.pbo (280a6e43!=91d7bc44)

Warning: Error found in file AddOns\ch47.pbo (118962a6!=b0328e20)

Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.30 to version 1.42...

Operation Flashpoint patch 1.42 has been applied successfully.

So... I tried playing it and it gave me this error:

Cannot load texture data/ofplogo1.paa

So, I did a search for that file on the original ofp cd and it is not there.  I did a search for all .paa files and there was only:

coop.paa

flagfight.paa

capture.paa

(There were multiples of these, like coop1.paa or somesuch, no ofplogo1.paa)

So now I have no idea what to do... Did I miss some registry entries perhaps?  If so, can someone please supply me with a list of all registry entries that ofp makes up to V1.75-V1.85?  (I'm not sure which because the 1.85 patch was supposedly applied successfully..)

I am getting desperate..  Please let me know about this.  Otherwise I will have to reformat my hard drive, reinstall it again and not go past V1.75....

BTW, I work in tech support, this is why I am so detailed about this problem..  I know how it is to work with many different computers and the many different configurations possible.  I've provided you with all the information I can get on this problem, also I have tried everything I can think of.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!  I love Operation Flashpoint and can't work on my Mod!  sad.gif

Asmo

P.S. I have also messed with the preferences, setting everything to as low as possible and it still has not helped what so ever... confused.gif

If it helps, my system is:

Intel Celeron 566 Mhz

256 MB RAM

Voodoo 3

Phillips Acoustic Edge Soundcard

Generic Gateway Motherboard