Sign in to follow this  
KXKMAN

1.85 patch troubles?

Have you checked the min specs for OFP...you are running real borderline! Time to blow your drive I think.....sounds SOOOOOOO messy by now that it would take less time to re-format than fix the mess that is there smile.gif

[sAS]Ruby is now running 1.85 on Directplay and all seems to be well again.

To find us you will need to select directplay.

fps rates begin at 49fps and move down to 16fps under very heavy load. All seems well.

Under 1.85 sockets fps began at 32 and moved down to 6.

The flares work well too (all can see them) so night maps are currently very popular.

This may be a work around until 1.85 fix is available.

biggrin.gif

Razor

So you are saying the desync problems and lag are gone when running server in direct play mode?

Well Mondays night I went to patch OFP and it gave me the message that my installation was currupt due to some missions and MPmissions being bad. I copied them from the CD, still bad. I reinstalled ofp and res and it patched fine.

I THEN MADE A BACKUP COPY OF OFP.

We played fine on the server all night.

Tuesday i got home from work but ofp kept freezing at the 2nd splash screen :-S tried running with the -nospalsh setting and it froze at "Wait a moment"

Reverted to the backup I had donr the previous evening and all was fine.

Went to my server and people were being disconnected with errors to do with custom faces and sounds .... does not match file in /temp/..../user/face.jpg ...user/sounds/sound.ogg

Restarting the server solved all these problems but non of the Faces were above 60K or sounds above 40K (The players had been playing 10 mins before with no probs).

There were people who were experiancing connection problems as if they had a ghost on the server (but didnt) ie cant connect via ingame browser (connecting failed) and server not showing up when connecting via hosts.txt or Remote.

Yes We also get the #missions bug but swapping admins or signing in and out solves it, our server is reported as 1.85 requires 1.82 in the browser / hosts list.

Well I hope this helps BIS, I'm fed up of people slating them in this forum they have done a great job with OFP and if you look at all the readme.txt from version 1.0 all the way to 1.85 you will see how much work they have done, and I for one am happy. Suma has posted to say he is aware of the 1.85 problems and I'm sure we will all soon be happy bunnies. And while I'm on the subject Please stop whininging about how there is no support for 1.46 anymore - BUY THE F@#~!*G ADDON its not that expensive and with all the work BIS have done they do deserve it. I Will be first in line for OFP 2 as well when it comes out, just as I was for Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sas_razor @ Oct. 16 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To find us you will need to select directplay.<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting... but can you tell me how?

I have a big trouble with patch 1.85

I can launch OFP, play campaign, edit mission, and one time I gathered remote host (not dedicated, both in 1.85) without problem

BUT recently I tried to join dedicated server. I can see and select server with ingame browser, when I try to reach any of them, I crash ! I mean I REALLY crash, not just a return to destock, my operating system crash : reboot mad.gif

(Just after I click OK, sometimes I have "Wait for server" message but crash anyway)

I've got WinXP (updated but without SP1), CPU Athlon, connexion ADSL.

If I remove all unofficial addons from

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\ADDONS

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Res\AddOns

it's a little better, I can (rarely) reach and play dedicated server, but most of the time issu is a nasty reboot

You can understand I won't search and give more data on this trouble, cause I'm feed up to reboot and it's not healthy for my OS

I'm going to reinstall OFP(1.0)/OFP:R/1.85 but I'm sure it won't resolve the trouble, also I and we are waiting for next patch. Until that day my OFP CD collect the dust. And if incoming patch don't resolve trouble, I will definitively bit the dust sad.gif

-end transmission-

I have had a terrible time with my pings since the release of 1.85. Before it was released iI was getting steady 40-45 ms ping times during gameplay. Now it has jumped all the way up to 110-125....this is totally unacceptable....to make it worse lastnight I had to stop playing because of the desync was getting so bad because my pings went up to 300+ ofmg! I've check my connection using several dsl reports and all of them are showing me with 1400+ down and 80+ up, i'm on cable and my provider is giving us 1550 down and 128 up...so the connection is not the problem....although my upload times could be a little better I don't think OFP uses that much upload anyway...anyone else with similuar problems? sad.gif

yes Shadow.

on cable connection ping on 1.75 was 40-70 now it`s 200-500+(not my OFP my friend tested it)

Well the problems have continued tonight.

We fixed the #missions bug by deleting the mission selct part of the config ....

But there was still massive lag with 1.85 ...

Tried Directplay but everyones disconnects after 2-10mins ...

Keep trying and maybe I'll find something that makes the server more stable without going back to 1.75 ...

I heard oo7vet who runs the vetservers may have found out something ... but I'm still in his bad books, so I guess he wont tell me, but I hear his server is running better than ever ...

I don't know if this is a 1.85 thing or not, but I was playing a mission yesterday as a resistance V-80 pilot, and I couldn't take it above 150.

I ended up having a dogfight with an MI-24 that didn't seem to have the same restriction, so I was constantly fighting it from below, and was losing badly.

Anyone know if this is an existing problem, a new problem, or was specific to the mission I played?

I'm not going to read all these pages because its late and im too lazy so I dont know if my question was asked yet.  But sense d/l 1.85 my computer has constantly been crashing to desktop while I have been in Mission Editor.  It has also frozen in Mission Editor.  I also cant play my Campaign anymore it crashes to desktop when I attempt to and says  something like cannot memory-campaigns/1985.pbo.   Anyone else having this problem?  I don't think the fix patch will do anything about this problem  confused.gif  i hope it will. or i will be  mad I didn't have any problems at all before I installed this.

The patch is working just fine for me! tounge.gif Sorry don't meen to gloat but with all the computer problems I've had it feels like I've been belssed this time. smile.gif Do'nt hate me because I'm beutiful or because 1.85 works [so far]. P.s. I don't play multiplayer so I wouldn't know about the MP lag etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 17 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if this is a 1.85 thing or not, but I was playing a mission yesterday as a resistance V-80 pilot, and I couldn't take it above 150.<span id='postcolor'>

This happens when you play with keyboard and mouse in cadet mode. This is to prevent cadet mode players loosing high in the sky. This limitation is not present in veteran mode or when controlling by joystick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 17 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 17 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if this is a 1.85 thing or not, but I was playing a mission yesterday as a resistance V-80 pilot, and I couldn't take it above 150.<span id='postcolor'>

This happens when you play with keyboard and mouse in cadet mode. This is to prevent cadet mode players loosing high in the sky. This limitation is not present in veteran mode or when controlling by joystick.<span id='postcolor'>

Great, thanks for that.

I don't play many chopper missions. smile.gif

Some more things I've seen:

AI bmps definitely have problems crossing the small bridge on the island north of Nogova. Either they fall in the water, or they will go around and swim through the water. This never happened in 1.75. First i thought it was just a freak incident, but it happens in about 90% of the time when repeating the mission in Mp.

The bmp's in save behaviour mode and there's no waypoints on the bridge itself.

I`m confused confused.gif

I can`t make up my mind install 1.85 or not confused.gif

I`m afraid of those bugs thath was posted in this thread sad.gif

too lazy to read all 7 pages - but heres a prob thats been present for ages now...

if i have a moveindriver driver in a truck and the truck also contains moveincargo men, then that truck will not transport unload the men...

and other things, but not really drastic - although i havnt checked if the floating 1m above the dock bug has been fixed yet.

Strange thing occured today. It doesn't bother me though, but I suppose someone might be picky about these things:

I happen to love playing Revenge single mission. Most of the time I go for the AK-47 with grenades. When I loaded the mission I got a message saying something like "Cannot load mission". Obviously it could, but there was no option to choose the above mentioned AK-47. Instead I got to choose between xms and other "resistanceweapons". Later, I played it again - and everything was normal. Would be nice to have the option of using the xms even though it's not a ruskie weapon!

HELP... Problem in MP with 1.85

Wenn I lauch Res in 1.85, I have this error message :

'private|#|': Error Nombre d'expression non valide (it's in French)

'private|#|': Error Invalid number in expression

(I have not this Error message on a other PC with same OFP CD and same patch confused.gif )

Wenn I lauch Res in 1.85 for MP... OFP cann't refresh server list... I don't see any server ! With or without my FireWall !

So, I have Res uninstall and re-install... in 1.75, good, no problem... no Error message, OFP can refresh servers list, good. I have re-install patch 1.85 and... same Error message, same problem (can't join any MP server sad.gif) !

Please Help me !

And sorry for my English.

Thanks in advence

Vladimir

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 95% of the problems, running ScanDisk helps!<span id='postcolor'>

Does it fix the auto fire sound problem, because I don't want to wait 3 hours if it won't fix it.

rhaaaaa !

I have totaly uninstall OFP and totaly re-install.... and now Res cann't refresh server list in 1.75 !

Please HELP !!!

Vladimir

I installed the 1.85 patch and all of the explosions stoped working. The impact was visible with resulting damage and crater formation, but no fire or smoke was visible. I have two running versions of the game and checked the 1.75 version and it worked fine. Anyone have a clue why this is? If BIS keeps updating the game and the updates only work on a percentage of computers the the ability to use addons requiring the newest patch will greatly reduce player ability to use new addons and player made missions. Not to mention what the updates do to currently made missions. Not that I don't want to see improvement in the game, but I would like to know they won't completly change how work I've done will run.

tools