Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

How has the lag been for ppl? After I updated the dedicated server and several of us got on, it seemed a lot more jumpy, i.e. ppl disappearing and then reappearing several meters away.

The desynch seems to be going higher. I almost never had any lag issues with 1.75. I tried rebooting the server and such, but it didn't seem to help. I'm just curious what other ppl's observations are on this.

Is it just me or does it seem to take alot more bullets to kil people? At least online. Especially with pistols I had to empty a whole mag into this guy while playing the new Pistols only map before he dropped.

I was running my server last night with 9 people in, it started to get very laggy. I could host for about 12-15 people with 1.75.

I will have to test it again tonight.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vedder @ Oct. 15 2002,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me or does it seem to take alot more bullets to kil people? At least online. Especially with pistols I had to empty a whole mag into this guy while playing the new Pistols only map before he dropped.<span id='postcolor'>

if he dropped he was having connection problems which would explain all the bullets he took

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vedder @ Oct. 15 2002,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me or does it seem to take alot more bullets to kil people? At least online. Especially with pistols I had to empty a whole mag into this guy while playing the new Pistols only map before he dropped.<span id='postcolor'>

Pistols seem to do less dammage but other than that it is not harder to kill people.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 15 2002,03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im justa bit currious did they use kegs revolver from his smith and wesson pack looks identical to his?<span id='postcolor'>

The revolver is not Kegety's one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Oct. 15 2002,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-When ever I hit  my watch or compass some far away background disappears.  (ati 7500)<span id='postcolor'>

Please, turn off WBuffer. It will be fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The English 1.85 wont work with the 1.75 Polish version.<span id='postcolor'>

Patch for Polish/Czech versions will be out soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Oct. 15 2002,04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How has the lag been for ppl?  After I updated the dedicated server and several of us got on, it seemed a lot more jumpy, i.e. ppl disappearing and then reappearing several  meters away.

The desynch seems to be going higher.  I almost never had any lag issues with 1.75.  I tried rebooting the server and such, but it didn't seem to help.  I'm just curious what other ppl's observations are on this.<span id='postcolor'>

Server outgoing data stream is very very unstable.

You can check this by #monitor.

It shows 600Kbps,then 7Kbps,then 400Kbps.

The lag has increased from 1.75.

I cant even play online anymore sad.gif

Im on 4mbit connection behind NAT, I had no lag whatsoever in 1.75, now its impssible to play due to MUCH desync sad.gif I hope it will work on the linux server.

I think me and my clanmates found a new bug.

If you connect to a dedicated server, and you vote yourself as an admin (or login via pw) and you want to change the maps (#missions) there are no maps visible. there are just the islands but no maps visible. so its impossible to change a map.

thats a hard bug. please fix it as fast as you can.

Thank you!

MyersTheShape[AFS]

we have a big problem.

we cant see missions on dedicadet servers.

with #missions come to missions select screen, but no missions can see and select.

its since dedicated server run 1.82.

has anyone this problem?

I have tested on many dedicadet servers.

On all servers cant see missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was gunner in the 1st one, my driver was driving on a plane surface (airport runway) and when i pressed V "weapon view" to aim... The sights were going up and down very fast, and for some reason the sight was being dragged down into the ground. This happened to all the peeps that tried being gunner. I shall do some more research on the subject though.

<span id='postcolor'>

This happened in 1.75 as well and made it impossible to gun, was a major bug I think as it ruined the whole driver/gunner experience, if this is still in 1.85 grrrr

Also I have been hearing reports from GP that it lags even worse now, OMG I hope this is just some small bug or something in the server I hate to think we gotta go back to 1.75 because the netcode is screwy, I can't comment too much more on the patch cept what people have told me. I will be picking up my Res cd tomorrow so I can try it out fully then.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thunderbeat @ Oct. 15 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we have a big problem.

we cant see missions on dedicadet servers.

with #missions come to missions select screen, but no missions can see and select.

its since dedicated server run 1.82.

has anyone this problem?

I have tested on many dedicadet servers.

On all servers cant see missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Looky here

See if my solution can help you smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MyersTheShape @ Oct. 15 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think me and my clanmates found a new bug.

If you connect to a dedicated server, and you vote yourself as an admin (or login via pw) and you want to change the maps (#missions) there are no maps visible. there are just the islands but no maps visible. so its impossible to change a map.

thats a hard bug. please fix it as fast as you can.

Thank you!

MyersTheShape[AFS]<span id='postcolor'>

if your looged in admin log out and log back in youl see the maps if your voted log out and get all to vote you back in tounge.gif

Well I hope a fix is out very soon as reports from Gameplanet (a popular and powerfull NZ server) are bad people are getting desync big time its very bad and by the sounds of it we talking major badness hmmkay, the admin is spewin potatos big time.

But still its good to have progress even if its for the worse in some aspects.. I hope BIS hasn't made this the last patch for OFP as it will kill it and proably kill OFP2 when it comes as well. I think BIS need to fix these problems ASAP even if they gotta release 100 patches from now tell OFP2 smile.gif

I think they should fix the MP/Server desync issues first then work a bit on those hidden mission lists then maybe fix those pistols recoil and sound up as allot of people wanna have some decent shootouts but if it feels like ya using a water pistol thats no good. Also Bicycle's don't have engines in them smile.gif.

Hope moral is still ok in BIS studios? smile.gif

First of all, great job on the new patch!, but as has become tradition now Iv found my first new bug, didn't see this mentioned yet, was wondering why the exhaust weren't working on my addon *strange* so decided to try another unit, then another then realised I no longer have exhaust cloudlet atall no more on anything, and yes I do have cloudlets turned on.

Patch is great thanks BIS

thanks for nothing patch makers!!!!

can't even fix a simple tank problem (driver and gunner don't respond when i'm commander so I have to drive which is gay), you go out of your way to add new weapons and vehicles but no campaign fixes.

What a load of bull to have to use 1.46 to complete Red Hammer mission #6. The game is still hard to play because these haven't been fixed so thats the end of playing this rubbish unless a fix comes out soon. Also, when you install the 1.85 patch, you have to have the Res cd in the drive but it doesn't say to like the other patches, so all inexperienced people will just say it won't work and post about it. You really messed up big time here!!!

Nice new patch, but there still seems to be a thing that annoys me that has not been fixed. Its the 'teleportation' bug. If you are in a vehicle, and you exit the vehicle while under a bridge or near a steep bank, you will automaticly appear on top of the bridge/bank confused.gif It just looks ridiculas when your in a boat near the tall cliffs on the coast of Nogova, you exit the boat and appear hunders of feet above the cliff. Besides that, good work smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spiz14 @ Oct. 15 2002,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, when you install the 1.85 patch, you have to have the Res cd in the drive but it doesn't say to like the other patches, so all inexperienced people will just say it won't work and post about it. You really messed up big time here!!!<span id='postcolor'>

1. calm down!

2. No CD needs to be in the CD-R! I patched ALL our servers without any CD in the Drive! I patched my Home-OFP-Client with a Battlefield1942 and a UT2003-CD in both drives!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 15 2002,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice new patch, but there still seems to be a thing that annoys me that has not been fixed. Its the 'teleportation' bug. If you are in a vehicle, and you exit the vehicle while under a bridge or near a steep bank, you will automaticly appear on top of the bridge/bank  confused.gif  It just looks ridiculas when your in a boat near the tall cliffs on the coast of Nogova, you exit the boat and appear hunders of feet above the cliff. Besides that, good work smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehe Yeah biggrin.gif

Me and my buddy had a round of spetznaz stealth-op the other day. We parked the boat under the bridge to get out and put some satchels.

We just did'nt know we would 'teleport' right infront of the M60 which patrolled the bridge wink.gif

An AI-issue I've experienced with 1.85 MP (have'nt tried in SP):

Did the AI-brain get an overhaul in the new patch too?

I noticed when you pick off enemys with the new sniper from a distance, his buddys tend to lay down (that's normal)...but they more often than not tend to lay feet towards you and not turn around (they did'nt do this much before).

I noticed this when I played 'DesertAmbush.Abel' (added the weapons throu the editor)

Anyone else experienced this?

OK, I'm just making sure that maybe my T-1 wasn't having a bad night or something. In 1.75 other players have said that they notice lag, although I'd say for the most part I have almost never had issues with it unless I'm in a vehicle with someone who has a higher ping, and even then, it's bearable.

Last night the desynchs would be 0 for one minute, then shoot up to 10000 so the next. While I can say it seemed that nobody dropped as from the server (a regular occurence in 1.75) it was barely playable.

Also, I don't think anyone was "ghosted" last night, i.e. getting a 0 ping and thinking you're connected, but you're sort of not...strange stuff.

Welp, hopefully this can be sorted out soon. Right now I'm in the middle of playing Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and I plan to go back to playing more opflash once I'm done with it, so I need this fixed by then. biggrin.gif