Loving both of these mods so far,

only thing that's a bit off are the vehicle sounds.

Tanks got a very distorted sound to them, doesn't do the otherwise high quality in this mod justice.

Most vehicles got that same distorted sound in first person view.

Other than that it's great to have this stuff, especially those 3d interiors, wish BI would add that to the vanilla tanks.

Cheers

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

The Grad system is usually maned by a three-man crew that can place the truck and set the system in three minutes, firing the rockets from the truck cab or through a wired trigger at 64 meters. Rockets can be fired one by one, in groups or all at once.

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/BM-21

Read that in the documentation.

It's not possible to fire all rockets at once ingame, isn't it? I tried it ingame and it seems you can't fire all rockets at once. Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Btw great mod. I really really enjoy playing with rhs. Srsly guys, outstanding job!

You can't fire rockets all at once even in reality, at least I never seen any BM-21 system and it's modifications firing so.

thnx for this great mod, you guys done a realy good work.

i found a bug: all entrys in editor menu of your mod exists twice.

so can you please fix this.

i use the actual dev. version of arma 3

thnx

Damain...

Please overhaul all of the armor assets! :D

That is truly amazing. I really wish all of the arma 3 assets had that level of thought put into them.

Damain...

Please overhaul all of the armor assets!

That is truly amazing. I really wish all of the arma 3 assets had that level of thought put into them.

Well there is a problem, several problems actually.

First and this is what we discussed with Reyhard, what community will think about armor values we will implement to the models. For some people some vehicles might be too well protected, for some other people they might be too weakly protected.

Another problem is that creating this calculations is very difficult task, especially that I am using simplified method, there are of course more complex methods but... well I am not that smart.

So we will see, RV engine have potential as far as I understood from Reyhards words (and he is true genius when it comes to coding, so big applause for that fine gentlemen! ;)), but there are also obvious limitations, limitation of game engine, but also limitations of our own knowledge about vehicles protection, simply because most of data is classified, and what is declassified, don't tell us much.

Besides this for example when I created a model for Abrams armor, based on declassified documentation of R&D program, I started to have just absurdly high armor protection at the end of calculations, so I reduced protection closer to the Sb Pro PE estimations.

On the other hand, Russian tanks for some reason allways had relatively low protection, so of course I increased protection.

These are results of simplified method of calculation, and also a lot of unknowns.

But don't get me wrong, nobody wants any sort of artifical balance, realism is as far as I know, is one of highest priority.

But then again, I am not a member of RHS team, and I don't know everything, neither I am addonmaker, so most questions should be rather pointed towards RHS team, I can only be responsible behind some part of scientific research about the subject.

Edited by Damian90

There is really no point in firing at Abrams front unless you want to commit suicide, the same applies to T-80U

So it's not intended behavior that the 75mm RPG-26 can K-kill the Abrams in one hit to the frontal armor?

Please don't respond defensively like last time. I'm NOT bashing an unfinished mod. I'm trying to help, and I hope you would take bug reports in good faith, even if they're annoying. I want to make sure the team is aware of problems that do exist, and you make my efforts to test pointless when you deflect questions such "is this intended behavior or a bug?"

Or would you rather have no one report issues or offer feedback?

So it's not intended behavior that the 75mm RPG-26 can K-kill the Abrams in one hit to the frontal armor?

Yes it is not intended.

And this will most likely change as armor model is not finished.

Please don't respond defensively like last time. I'm NOT bashing an unfinished mod. I'm trying to help, and I hope you would take bug reports in good faith, even if they're annoying. I want to make sure the team is aware of problems that do exist, and you make my efforts to test pointless when you deflect questions such "is this intended behavior or a bug?"

Or would you rather have no one report issues or offer feedback?

I am not responding defensively, well it might be just my manner, you know, this is scientific style. :P

And of course, point as many bugs as you find, this is really appreciated, and I am sure that RHS team is aware of the reported bugs, as far as I know, everybody is working hard to fix them, just wait to another release.

However I think I do not have a liberty to talk about some things beyond a discussion about vehicles protection models, many other questions should be directed to RHS team members.

Well, it's not all rockets at once, but one after another. ;)

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/BM-21

Read that in the documentation.

It's not possible to fire all rockets at once ingame, isn't it? I tried it ingame and it seems you can't fire all rockets at once. Or am I doing something wrong?

It means that in RL all the rockets can be triggered in a row without reloading, or waiting times unlike other systems that require certain preparations.

For the sake of simplicity in the mod there's only one option that "covers all", it just depends how much clicks you do.

But I'll edit the documentation entry to make it more explicit.

I keep running into a problem with this mod, in which it crashes/freezes my game every time I attempt to start a hosted server. I have searched everywhere for similar problems but haven't come across any.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue? The mod runs fine on singleplayer and I would really like to be able to play it on MP but have had no luck getting it to run so far. Thanks.

Damian90 you are like a science and military history book but more "user friendly" to read ;)

Since we saw how good are RHS models i hope to see during time a lot of new vehicles being added to the mod,in order to cover ipotetical conflicts from cold war era to modern days

Well, it's not all rockets at once, but one after another. ;)

- facepalm - :D

Sorry, of course you are right.

Yes, it is indeed impossible to fire all at once, that would turn over the truck.

Damian90 you are like a science and military history book but more "user friendly" to read

Well thank you. ;)

However believe me, there is plenty briliant military history and science books out there, with briliant authors writing them, really people these days should read more books. ;)

- facepalm -

Sorry, of course you are right.

Yes, it is indeed impossible to fire all at once, that would turn over the truck.

Yeah. ;)

BTW sorry I didn't send you a PM but drawings are not ready yet AFAIK.

hy first of all ive to tell you that i love that mod and if everything will go as i planed (its difficultXD) ill include this mod in my "project X" xD

id like to know if u can add the m777 howitzer and the russian opponent weapons:) it would be awsome..if u want to do that n u need anything i can tell u (i understand something bout weaponery;)) n obviously thank for ur awsome mod

Seems the RU radio protocol is overriden by other mods, since I hear it in english. Another frustrating aspect in A3, you can't use mix radio protocols it seems.

Hello everyone--one of the biggest issues many had with our first release was the overall sound quality of the mod (whether it be custom sounds or the use of vanilla ones). With the help of our newest contributor LAxemann, we're trying rectify that. Feel free to comment and make suggestions; we aim to include these sounds with our first big hotfix. :)

QYWm1e6jr8Y

Hey guys,

First off: this is a fantastic mod and RHS is going to change A3's life cycle forever by finally adding high quality contemporary factions to the game (*rant mode on* seriously Bohemia, who thought bumblebees from space would be fun to fight against? Or giving every AT soldier a lock-on MAT launcher? *rant mode off*). I am eagerly awaiting what awesome factions, weapons and vehicles RHS will bring to the table and I hope they win make arma not war in their respective category.

One question though: the US army Abrams tanks all feature client side "logos" on their barrels. Most of them are neutral and totally fine, but some have political connotations like "white privilege", "vote republican", "obamacare" etc. Our community often published youtube videos and we would like to keep the comment section free from possible flame war fodder. Is there a way for mission makers to disable the client side decorations alltogether?

Thanks for the hard work and answering my question. ;)

Is there a way for mission makers to disable the client side decorations alltogether?

Write in the tank's ini line: RHSDecalsOff = true;

Thanks for your help MistyRonin, much appreciated.

You're welcome.

I'll soon add full info on US decals in the documentation, so you will be able to take a more "selective" approach ( removing only the cannon's decal but leaving the rest ) :)

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

None of these MGs are part of the RHS Escalation mod. Please, check the name of the author and comment it to the appropriate thread :)

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography