Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

 

Name the script and call it from your init.sqf


while {true} do {
_pos = [getPosATL player, 100, 400, 2, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_eastGrp = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 0 to random 2 do {
	_type = ["Sheep_random_F", "Hen_random_F", "Cock_random_f", "Rabbit_F", "Cock_white_F"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
 	_unit = _eastGrp createUnit [_type, _pos, [], 1, "FORM"];
	_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];
	_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice";
        _unit disableAI "FSM";
	_unit disableAI "AIMINGERROR";
	_unit disableAI "SUPPRESSION";
	_unit disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
	_unit disableAI "TARGET";
	_unit setCombatMode "BLUE";
	_unit setBehaviour "CARELESS";
};
[_eastGrp, _pos, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
Sleep 300;};

 

 

Bandit camps by trigger is literally broken, AI will spawn but they will just standing there without aggroing or anything. rvgFill still works ok though.

 

Thank you, based on the previous post this rvgFill script is one you had to add manually?  On the wikia it sounded like it was a script built in to Ravage mod.  I'll have to take a look at how your mission is laid out.  Thanks everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey i make a little trailer for a new mission that will be avaible soon

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

 

Name the script and call it from your init.sqf


while {true} do {
_pos = [getPosATL player, 100, 400, 2, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_eastGrp = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 0 to random 2 do {
	_type = ["Sheep_random_F", "Hen_random_F", "Cock_random_f", "Rabbit_F", "Cock_white_F"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
 	_unit = _eastGrp createUnit [_type, _pos, [], 1, "FORM"];
	_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];
	_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice";
        _unit disableAI "FSM";
	_unit disableAI "AIMINGERROR";
	_unit disableAI "SUPPRESSION";
	_unit disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
	_unit disableAI "TARGET";
	_unit setCombatMode "BLUE";
	_unit setBehaviour "CARELESS";
};
[_eastGrp, _pos, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
Sleep 300;};

 

works like a charm, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

works like a charm, thanks!

@Jimmakos do you know if ravage or arma would clean up far away animals after some time (e.g. after 2 hours there will be plenty of animals spawned but i have moved on to another part of the map) or would i need to update the script with a animal deletion part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@Jimmakos do you know if ravage or arma would clean up far away animals after some time (e.g. after 2 hours there will be plenty of animals spawned but i have moved on to another part of the map) or would i need to update the script with a animal deletion part?

use that and call it via a trigger, for exemple on desactivation or with radio alpha for testing :

 

_vehicles = nearestObjects [player, ["Sheep_random_F","Hen_random_F","Cock_random_f","Rabbit_F","Cock_white_F"], 20000];

{

if (count crew vehicle _x == 0) then {deleteVehicle _x};

} forEach _vehicles;

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a question about the Ambient Zombies module its possible to desactivate this module for specific unit or a player side (in my case all independent player) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, damsous said:

Hey i make a little trailer for a new mission that will be avaible soon...

 

Mil-simmers be like WTF! :headscratch:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, damsous said:

use that and call it via a trigger, for exemple on desactivation or with radio alpha for testing :

 

_vehicles = nearestObjects [player, ["Sheep_random_F","Hen_random_F","Cock_random_f","Rabbit_F","Cock_white_F"], 20000];

{

if (count crew vehicle _x == 0) then {deleteVehicle _x};

} forEach _vehicles;

thanks mate, i will check this out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an other question about the horde spawner i would like to spawn Z only with a trigger and delete when trigger is desactivated (repeat) i can delete the Z but in not able to spawn them.

i try to put this line on Act : 0 = ["horde1",["type_m", "Runners"],["fastNum_m", 10],["hordeSize_m", 20],["hordeRadius_m", 25],[],["hordeBehaviour_m", false],[]] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn;

 

The zombies spawn on my markers but ignore the trigger activation, so they spawn at mission start, and got error when i enter the trigger somebody know how to spawn the infected with a trigger ?

 

I want to force the player to clear the area for acces a specific zone and delete the zombies if the player escape but respawn them, i can use the AI spawn script pack with caching system but i would like to make it without this script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone got a script that saves everytime you put down a sleeping bad or bed roll?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents I have updated my Dynamic Bandit Camp Spawn Script a little bit to make it fit for "plug and play" use (thanks for the feedback @Gunter Severloh!

 

Showcase and some explanation in the below  (rather messy and unstructured) video:

 

 

Features/changes:

- sorted the arrays and put them at one place on top (easier to enter your own buildings, tents, weapons or items from other mods)

- added a bigger variety of vanilla structures and weapons that may spawn (includes a chance to spawn working Car or Helicopter)

- random amount of enemy AI spawns and patrols now with random gear based on your ravage equipment module settings

- added a WaitUntil function to stop the camps from de-spawning if the player is within 200 meters of the current camp

- added some explanation on how to install and edit the script

- removed all dependencies other than CBA and Ravage

 

Future additions:

- flag or radio to destroy that will award experience (I use the HG simple shop XP system for example) or other rewards

- chance to call reinforcement unless you destroy radio in time

- testing and adaptation for MP

- anything i may come up with ;)

 

Known issues:

- if you allow Ravage to spawn furniture in Vanilla and DLC buildings, those objects will spawn along with the buildings and will not be de-spawned by the script along with the camp.

- this is probably not fit for MP

 

If anyone is interested please have a look, happy to learn about possible improvements;)

cheers

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, damsous said:

Hey i make a little trailer for a new mission that will be avaible soon

 

 

Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, damsous said:

I got an other question about the horde spawner i would like to spawn Z only with a trigger and delete when trigger is desactivated (repeat) i can delete the Z but in not able to spawn them.

i try to put this line on Act : 0 = ["horde1",["type_m", "Runners"],["fastNum_m", 10],["hordeSize_m", 20],["hordeRadius_m", 25],[],["hordeBehaviour_m", false],[]] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn;

 

The zombies spawn on my markers but ignore the trigger activation, so they spawn at mission start, and got error when i enter the trigger somebody know how to spawn the infected with a trigger ?

 

I want to force the player to clear the area for acces a specific zone and delete the zombies if the player escape but respawn them, i can use the AI spawn script pack with caching system but i would like to make it without this script.

 

 

5 hours ago, damsous said:

I got an other question about the horde spawner i would like to spawn Z only with a trigger and delete when trigger is desactivated (repeat) i can delete the Z but in not able to spawn them.

i try to put this line on Act : 0 = ["horde1",["type_m", "Runners"],["fastNum_m", 10],["hordeSize_m", 20],["hordeRadius_m", 25],[],["hordeBehaviour_m", false],[]] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn;

 

The zombies spawn on my markers but ignore the trigger activation, so they spawn at mission start, and got error when i enter the trigger somebody know how to spawn the infected with a trigger ?

 

I want to force the player to clear the area for acces a specific zone and delete the zombies if the player escape but respawn them, i can use the AI spawn script pack with caching system but i would like to make it without this script.

Have you tried experimenting with the !alive command in the condition and activation and or deactivation field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gill93 said:

 

 

Have you tried experimenting with the !alive command in the condition and activation and or deactivation field

 

No but i do a mystake a forget to delete the horde module so its for that i see them spawning :)

 

The coomand line simply not work i need to do more test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission ready :

The good, the bad and the infected enjoy  ;)

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me understand the MP persistency?  I tried the random loadout script rvg_fnc_equip and  called it in onPlayerRespawn.sqf but it fires even on players loading back in and overwrites their saved gear.

 

Also, I was told I should restart our dedicated server every few hours, do vehicles and loot boxes persistace as well or is there a way I can save them?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimbojones said:

Can anyone help me understand the MP persistency?  I tried the random loadout script rvg_fnc_equip and  called it in onPlayerRespawn.sqf but it fires even on players loading back in and overwrites their saved gear.

 

Also, I was told I should restart our dedicated server every few hours, do vehicles and loot boxes persistace as well or is there a way I can save them?  Thanks

 

Yeah don't use random loadout script rvg_fnc_equip got the same problem. For the vehicles, folded tent persistance you can use this script : https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence/wiki

Dont use the editor placed object to be save its bugged if you want a crate for stock loot, just spawn it when the server is running (zeus...).

Dont save the unit to use it only for save static object and vehicle.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimbojones said:

Can anyone help me understand the MP persistency?  I tried the random loadout script rvg_fnc_equip and  called it in onPlayerRespawn.sqf but it fires even on players loading back in and overwrites their saved gear.

 

Also, I was told I should restart our dedicated server every few hours, do vehicles and loot boxes persistace as well or is there a way I can save them?  Thanks

But be carful cause each time you load the server ravage will create new vehicle, so put the lowest setting (low+1% for non damaged car), also desactivate the option for retextur and damage the vehicle at mission start cause your saved vehicle will be broken and lost all the stuff you put inside.

 

There is an other way to do it but its weird sometimes it work sometimes not, that save only the vehicle and cargo so its good for stock the loot.

I can't find where i get this code so i will copy it here

 

Put this in your init.sqf or try it in your initServer.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
    execVM "loadVehicles.sqf";
    execVM "saveVehicles.sqf";
};

 

-----------create a loadVehicles.sqf and copy paste this :-----------

 

_vehicles = profileNamespace getVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];

{

    private ["_log","_vtype","_vpos","_vdir","_vdam","_veh","_vFuel","_vWeap","_vMags"];

    _vType = _x select 0;
    _vPos  = _x select 1;
    _vDir  = _x select 2;
    _vDam  = _x select 3;
    _vVar1 = _x select 4;
    _vFuel = _x select 5;
    _vWeap = _x select 6;
    _vMags = _x select 7;
    _hitp  = _x select 8;

    //"extLOG" callExtension format["0:VehicleLogging: %1 at %2, with dmg %3. Fuel is %4, and Cargo is %5 && %6",_vType,_vPos,_vDam,_vFuel,_vWeap,_vMags];

    if (_vDam == 1) exitWith {/* useless to spawn it */};

    _veh = createVehicle [_vType, _vPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _veh setDir _vDir;
    _veh setDamage _vDam;

    removeAllWeapons _veh;
    removeAllItems _veh;

    _veh setVariable ["rvgxcam2",_vVar1,true];

    {
        _veh setHitPointDamage [(_x select 0), (_x select 1)];
    } forEach _hitp;

    _veh setFuel _vFuel;

    {
        _veh addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,1];
    } forEach _vWeap;
    
    {
        _veh addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1];
    } forEach _vMags;

} forEach _vehicles;

sleep 60;
SURV_VehiclesLoaded = true;

 

-----------create a saveVehicles.sqf and copy paste this :-----------

 

SURV_VehiclesLoaded = false;
waitUntil {SURV_VehiclesLoaded};

while {true} do
{
    profileNamespace setVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];

    {
    
        _Vehs  = profileNamespace getVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];
        _vehicle = _x;

        _xType = typeOf _x;
        _xPos  = getPos _x;
        _xDir  = getDir _x;
        _xDmg  = damage _x;
        _xOwns = _x getVariable ["rvgxcam2",[]];
        _xFuel = fuel _x;
        _weapons = weaponCargo _x;
        _magazines = magazineCargo _x;

        _hitPoints = [];
        _cachekey = format["%1_HP", _xType];
        _hitpoints = missionNamespace getVariable[_cachekey, []];
        if (_hitpoints isEqualTo []) then
        {
            _na = configProperties[configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _xType >> "HitPoints", "_hitpoints pushBack configName _x; true", true];
            missionNamespace setVariable[_cachekey, _hitpoints];
        };

        _finalHitPs = [];
        {
            _finalHitPs = _finalHitPs + [[_x,_vehicle getHitPointDamage _x]];
        } forEach _hitPoints;

        profileNamespace setVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",(_vehs + [[_xtype,_xpos,_xdir,_xdmg,_xowns,_xFuel,_weapons,_magazines,_finalHitPs]])];

    } forEach vehicles;
    saveProfileNamespace;

    sleep 60;
};

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, damsous said:

But be carful cause each time you load the server ravage will create new vehicle, so put the lowest setting (low+1% for non damaged car), also desactivate the option for retextur and damage the vehicle at mission start cause your saved vehicle will be broken and lost all the stuff you put inside.

 

There is an other way to do it but its weird sometimes it work sometimes not, that save only the vehicle and cargo so its good for stock the loot.

I can't find where i get this code so i will copy it here

 

Put this in your init.sqf or try it in your initServer.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
    execVM "loadVehicles.sqf";
    execVM "saveVehicles.sqf";
};

 

-----------create a loadVehicles.sqf and copy paste this :-----------

 

_vehicles = profileNamespace getVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];

{

    private ["_log","_vtype","_vpos","_vdir","_vdam","_veh","_vFuel","_vWeap","_vMags"];

    _vType = _x select 0;
    _vPos  = _x select 1;
    _vDir  = _x select 2;
    _vDam  = _x select 3;
    _vVar1 = _x select 4;
    _vFuel = _x select 5;
    _vWeap = _x select 6;
    _vMags = _x select 7;
    _hitp  = _x select 8;

    //"extLOG" callExtension format["0:VehicleLogging: %1 at %2, with dmg %3. Fuel is %4, and Cargo is %5 && %6",_vType,_vPos,_vDam,_vFuel,_vWeap,_vMags];

    if (_vDam == 1) exitWith {/* useless to spawn it */};

    _veh = createVehicle [_vType, _vPos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _veh setDir _vDir;
    _veh setDamage _vDam;

    removeAllWeapons _veh;
    removeAllItems _veh;

    _veh setVariable ["rvgxcam2",_vVar1,true];

    {
        _veh setHitPointDamage [(_x select 0), (_x select 1)];
    } forEach _hitp;

    _veh setFuel _vFuel;

    {
        _veh addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,1];
    } forEach _vWeap;
    
    {
        _veh addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1];
    } forEach _vMags;

} forEach _vehicles;

sleep 60;
SURV_VehiclesLoaded = true;

 

-----------create a saveVehicles.sqf and copy paste this :-----------

 

SURV_VehiclesLoaded = false;
waitUntil {SURV_VehiclesLoaded};

while {true} do
{
    profileNamespace setVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];

    {
    
        _Vehs  = profileNamespace getVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",[]];
        _vehicle = _x;

        _xType = typeOf _x;
        _xPos  = getPos _x;
        _xDir  = getDir _x;
        _xDmg  = damage _x;
        _xOwns = _x getVariable ["rvgxcam2",[]];
        _xFuel = fuel _x;
        _weapons = weaponCargo _x;
        _magazines = magazineCargo _x;

        _hitPoints = [];
        _cachekey = format["%1_HP", _xType];
        _hitpoints = missionNamespace getVariable[_cachekey, []];
        if (_hitpoints isEqualTo []) then
        {
            _na = configProperties[configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _xType >> "HitPoints", "_hitpoints pushBack configName _x; true", true];
            missionNamespace setVariable[_cachekey, _hitpoints];
        };

        _finalHitPs = [];
        {
            _finalHitPs = _finalHitPs + [[_x,_vehicle getHitPointDamage _x]];
        } forEach _hitPoints;

        profileNamespace setVariable ["SURV_Vehicles",(_vehs + [[_xtype,_xpos,_xdir,_xdmg,_xowns,_xFuel,_weapons,_magazines,_finalHitPs]])];

    } forEach vehicles;
    saveProfileNamespace;

    sleep 60;
};

 

 

 

Thank you for this.  I will give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note there is a line for  load/save so its better to use a custom one

on loadVehicles.sqf

line 21 : _veh setVariable ["rvgxcam2",_vVar1,true];   change the "rvgxcam2" for exemple "mission1"

 

on saveVehicles.sqf

line 14 : _xOwns = _x getVariable ["rvgxcam2",[]];   change the "rvgxcam2" for exemple "mission1"

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys a question,

Working on a coop mission for my server for ravage, now what im trying to do is have it where 2 or more players spawn together

at a random location when the mission starts.

 

This is what i use for 1 player currently, i have the following code in the player's init box:

this setpos (getMarkerPos (selectRandom ["m1","m2","m3","m4","m5", "m6", "m7", "m8", "m9","m10", "m11", "m12","m13","m14", "m15", "m16", "m17","m18","m19", "m20", "m21", "m22", "m23", "m24", "m25", "m26", "m27", "m28", "m29","m30","m31","m32","m33","m34","m35"]));

Each m stands for marker, and the number is just the number of the marker, i have 35 of them.

So i have 35 markers spaced, and spread out all over the map, and when the mission starts the player will spawn at any of the markers but just one marker,

so again question is how do i do the same thing but for 2 or more players, spawning them together at the same marker?

 

Lastly after both players have spawned i want all the markers in the code to be deleted as currently when i spawn and have a map i

see all the markers on the map, can anyone clear this up for me on how to do these 2 things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey guys a question,

Working on a coop mission for my server for ravage, now what im trying to do is have it where 2 or more players spawn together

at a random location when the mission starts.

 

This is what i use for 1 player currently, i have the following code in the player's init box:


this setpos (getMarkerPos (selectRandom ["m1","m2","m3","m4","m5", "m6", "m7", "m8", "m9","m10", "m11", "m12","m13","m14", "m15", "m16", "m17","m18","m19", "m20", "m21", "m22", "m23", "m24", "m25", "m26", "m27", "m28", "m29","m30","m31","m32","m33","m34","m35"]));

Each m stands for marker, and the number is just the number of the marker, i have 35 of them.

So i have 35 markers spaced, and spread out all over the map, and when the mission starts the player will spawn at any of the markers but just one marker,

so again question is how do i do the same thing but for 2 or more players, spawning them together at the same marker?

 

Lastly after both players have spawned i want all the markers in the code to be deleted as currently when i spawn and have a map i

see all the markers on the map, can anyone clear this up for me on how to do these 2 things?

 

Maybe its possible to do the same thing with a playable group not sure.

 

Use the empty marker, they are not visible in game only in editor

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey guys a question,

Working on a coop mission for my server for ravage, now what im trying to do is have it where 2 or more players spawn together

at a random location when the mission starts.

 

try something like :

 

Quote

player1 setpos (getMarkerPos (selectRandom ["m1","m2","m3","m4","m5", "m6", "m7", "m8", "m9","m10", "m11", "m12","m13","m14", "m15", "m16", "m17","m18","m19", "m20", "m21", "m22", "m23", "m24", "m25", "m26", "m27", "m28", "m29","m30","m31","m32","m33","m34","m35"]));

 _newpos = player1 modelToWorld [1,-2,0];

player2 setPos _newpos;

 

and so on for each player.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

 

try something like :

 

 

and so on for each player.

im not on my pc but i would do the above but first you define the random marker that should be the spawnpoint (else each player will receive a separate random marker:

 

_marker = getMarkerPos (select random ["m1",....]

 

and then do 

 

player1 setpos getMarkerPos _marker;

player2 setpos.....

 

not tested and i would be curious if it works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×