@cosmic10r

Because I accidentally used the wrong version of Ravage, I still have the error, my only thoughts are that its maybe an item on an Ai I have already placed..I have no clue on what the issue is, I have gone ahead and checked every single equipment pool setup I can, nothing is working 

7 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

Because I accidentally used the wrong version of Ravage, I still have the error, my only thoughts are that its maybe an item on an Ai I have already placed..I have no clue on what the issue is, I have gone ahead and checked every single equipment pool setup I can, nothing is working 

It will be easy to tell who the culprit is in game

Just look for a raider in underwear 

;)

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

It will be easy to tell who the culprit is in game

Just look for a raider in underwear 

;)

lol, I doubt its one of them..But it has to be one of the raiders, I checked out both the NATO and trader areas..I really have no idea how you even find the problems honestly, its quite confusing

@cosmic10r

upon removal of the start up script, the error has gone away. I have removed the whole script, and nothing is wrong, it is only when I add the script, that the error comes up

18 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

upon removal of the start up script, the error has gone away. I have removed the whole script, and nothing is wrong, it is only when I add the script, that the error comes up

Well you are on the right track. That what most of us have to do to pinpoint where the errors are... now its about commenting out each line to see which exact line does it and find what that line is doing

4 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Well you are on the right track. That what most of us have to do to pinpoint where the errors are... now its about commenting out each line to see which exact line does it and find what that line is doing

So I need to go ahead and dissect the entire script? well, thank god its been split up, and I can go ahead and sorta narrow it down to the gear...

@cosmic10r

I traced it to this line of the script : [player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;

It also gave me new errors that I haven't seen before...I tried that line alone, and with the AddLoot line..they both gave me the original code when together, but that one above gave me new ones

Here is the new error: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1248397329 

@cosmic10r

I have gone ahead, added the whole script, and removed only that, and whatever else that is required to prevent a playerinitlocal.sqf file error (because its an error that occurs in the SQF file, which is of the makers own doing) and I haven't seen that error again

The lines removed are : 

[player] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;

0 = [player] call rvg_fnc_equip; 
this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this spawn RVG_fnc_Fired}];

EDIT: This would explain why in Haleks' Altis demo, with the Zamak spawn, you always spawn in a jumpsuit instead of random clothes! 

So...now that I got that all sorted out...do the Chernarus buildings have furniture systems set up? I would love to make a solo map on the Chernarus Redux...I want to check before I go ahead and start working on something...

17 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

...do the Chernarus buildings have furniture systems set up? I would love to make a solo map on the Chernarus Redux...I want to check before I go ahead and start working on something...

On 17/12/2017 at 1:38 PM, haleks said:

Some details regarding the ambient furnitures system :

- Right now it only works with vanilla structures. Most models from third-party addons such as CUP terrains already have some type of furniture already integrated, so creating dynamic compositions for those doesn't seem necessary.

@Evil Organ

Thanks Evil, was curious...

I also found another issue regarding that script, I tried to start my own scenario, to double check, I had to restart the mission like 5 times for the script to properly work...I also am having trouble with the premission screen...I want to get rid of that, and I quite frankly don't have a clue on how to do it

EDIT: The premission screen, to be more precise, is the screen where you can look at the map, and the objectives, kinda like the mission brief screen...

So, I seem to still be encountering the same issue as before, but this time, it goes away after 5-6 restarts...The only other AddGear line is for the corpse...I don't know if I can really mess with it..I am gonna go ahead and try the random loadout script on the wiki as a replacement...

EDIT: It seems to work, I tested it in the editor, and its working...I might be able to revert back to the old script, and maybe fix the error...

please move here for discussion on tomorrows MP event

I've got 2 questions regarding time.

1) What time multiplier takes authority? The 3den editor time multiplier or the Ravage settings module time accelerator? i.e which one (or both) should I change to achieve time acceleration? 

2) Does time acceleration affect the rate at which thirst and hunger diminish? i.e if they're on 1x diminish rate, but were on 2x time, does that mean the 1x diminish rate is now 2x diminish rate? 

Loving this mod so far! The boys are going wild haha

On 28.12.2017 at 6:32 PM, cosmic10r said:

Im sure it will annoy me that we can't pinpoint it so I will post back if any lightbulbs pop up

So I managed to fix it by replacing in pre_init.sqf line:

[[], "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_scan.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", 0, true];  

with:

if !(hasinterface) then {
[[], "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_scan.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", -2, true];
};
if (hasinterface) then {
[[], "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_scan.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", 0, true];
};

I'm no expert in scripting but as I understand it, now it executes function loot_scan.sqf on everyone if in SP or Hosted MP

and on client-side if running dedicated server or headless client. I'm not sure it won't cause any more trouble but for now it's working.

• Like 1

While playing @cosmic10r Co-Op last night it was discussed that creating a Discord group would be useful for the growing Ravage community. So today i have created a Discord group, please feel free to join: https://discord.gg/jCrkwJv 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

While playing @cosmic10r Co-Op last night it was discussed that creating a Discord group would be useful for the growing Ravage community. So today i have created a Discord group, please feel free to join: https://discord.gg/jCrkwJv 

Cool idea... ive got to get some gameplay vid together from yesterday...

Awesome game. Five hours... i was whipped after that lol

@tourist

@Evil Organ

@R0adki11

@kodabar

• Like 6

@cosmic10r

I can't wait for the Cherno redux, I quite honestly don't know how that would work, unless when you disable the furniture, you get the old loot system back...

Also, do we have any updated Tanoa missions? I am curious cause I started exploring Tanoa (Didn't get Apex for Tanoa, got it so I could use the AK mainly...and to just say I had it)

Hi everyone, and happy new year!

Just passing by real quick to inform you that a hotfix update will be released soon to fix the framerate issues on dedicated servers.

@Reynevan. already found the origin of the problem : the loot module tries to run scripts designed for clients only (I totally forgot to filter the list of target machines like I used to in the previous versions...).

I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. ^^'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5