3 hours ago, honger said:

I'd rather have these herds stand where they are.

This code will "tether" a hand placed zed to a specific area...

this spawn {
	_uStayThere = getpos _this;
	while {alive _this} do {
		sleep 1;
		if (_this distance _uStayThere > 15 && isNil {_this getVariable "_zTarget"}) then {
			_this doMove _uStayThere;
			_this forceSpeed 2;
		};
	};
};

....where 15 is the max radius of zone the zed will wander within.

Spoiler

I have no idea how to incorporate that code into the trigger spawned zombie code from earlier, not my strong point. 

Hello fellow Ravagers!!

It's been a while... 

I thought I'd share the current development state of Misery:

I know it isn't necessarily Ravage related, however Misery expands upon some of Ravage's systems and uses a lot of Ravage as a backbone for systems in place, (primarily Halek's godly Radiation 😉 ) upon release Ravage will be a required mod that'll need to be ran in sync with Misery.

I've re-written most of my old code, implemented a ton of Macro encoding, for preprocessing and have worked extremely hard to mitigate / remove most of the `While do ` loops as they effect performance quite easily. The newer code structure uses CBA functions for a LOT of the newer code. (- Great help from Salbei, who recommended to go this route!  -GRAD TEAM-) 

I've worked in a lot of compatibility, for not just Ravage but also ACE medical, Remnant, and Drongo's Spooks and anomalies.  Everything in the video is all Module code, no scenario scripts are really running other than the radio loops at the trader camps... This is just kind of an example of what can be achieved by placing a couple modules down in the editor. (It's also the latest dev build of NA -not released yet-)

I hope you all are doing well!

Being a dad and still working on these old projects is quite the challenge, but I'm loving every minute of it and wouldn't have it any other way.

I've finally reached a point where I'm really understanding all the basis of Arma 3 with mod development, but as always there's so much to learn!

Cheers mates, 🍻

• Like 4

@haleks Is there any way to delay, the initialisation of the Ambient AI module on mission start?

I'd like to play out the first mission objective against zombies but without AI, kinda like a gameplay tutorial without the guys with guns showing up

When the first objective is successfully complete the Ambient AI module would kick in.    

Possible? 

I've tried creating a safe zone around the first objective area, set for AI to retreat/delete but this is proving to be unreliable.

Ambient AI module has a field for Condition (as Ambient Zombies have), try setting a variable in init.sqf like "stopTheAI = false;", in Condition field of the module put "stopTheAI" and upon completion of the first task just add a line of code "stopTheAI = true", once the variable is set as true the module will start working I guess.

E: everything without quotation marks ofc.

Edited by honger
  • Like 1

@honger : the condition field is used for the spawn triggers generated by the module, rather than on the module itself; but the effect is the same, yeah.

Anyone looking to give Misery a try can find it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2738615029

I will be working on an in - depth scenario development video at some point, or rework the guide for documentation, but most of the mod / settings are pretty self-explanatory.

Thank you again @haleks for all the help and support with the reworked project. It's running phenomenally.

I won't jack the thread too much! If anyone wants to chat feel free to DM me in Discord, I'm the most active there, always good to chat with you folks.

Cheers all 😊

• Like 3

@MuRaZorWitchKING, you're welcome my friend !

It's always amazing to see the passion and dedication Ravage can spur - congratz on the release guys ! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a while since I've posted a scenario update in this thread with my Steam Workshop uploads.

[COOP/PVP 8] Ravage: Money Hunters, Altis - An "Extraction" Scenario - Explore the wasteland of Altis with an extraction twist. (Vendors support many mods but very few are actually required to play.)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2973824825

[SP] Ravage: Running Shadows - A Webknights Zombies and Creatures twist on Ravage's zombies. Will you survive the cold lonely winter Chernarus?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2986759747

[CooP/PvP 8] Ravage: Money Hunters - An "Extraction" Scenario - While not new I've been updating the scenario keeping it -somewhat- inline with the Altis variant though they are set up differently.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2842579942

Local Lurkers - A Simple Horror Fodder Faction - A rather basic faction mod using Ravage, Friths Ruin and "Not what they seem..." for horror ops/scenarios whatever. (Can mix n match with "Friths Factions.")

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2996058399

I have a pretty good amount of progress done on my Cytech campaign but the terrain is getting an update/expansion sometime this year(?) so the campaign may not come out at the intended release time I'm aiming for (Halloween'ish).

Here's a sneak peak:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Thanks for playing my scenarios. : )

• Like 4

Hey Ravagers, I finally released a full length version of SIRENS🔊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, bit of a specific request but....Re the ravage vehicle patrol spawner. I am creating a mission that requires these bandits driving custom vehicles I nominate to NOT have their cargo /Loot removed by the spawner. The bandits are a target to get ganked for guns and ammo etc...what I need basically is for the spawner to be told not to delete the contents/cargo inventory of the vehicle it is spawning. Thinking maybe of a script that can go in the init?

All help is appreciated as ever! Thanks guys!

I read the patch note and a few updates back, it mentioned bullet flyby sounds were fixed. My ambient zombies still produce this sound when im attacked.

is this the case others are still experiencing? my Ravage is newest steam version.

It actually seems that project sfx remastered, affects the fix you made,apolagies. Potemtially most sound mods are going to cause this issue. When i disbled the "suppression" efx of that mod,the issue went away.

Also i have my ambient vehicles setting on "low" however quite often i have up to 8 vehicles within 800 meter radius of me spawn. seems a tad much,at low setting id expect to only find a vic every few miles,not every corner i turn seeing 3-4 all next to each other. Any chance if future updates you could tweak the numbers for low setting?

• Like 1

Aploagies for all the reports but iv been testing extensively many functions of Ravage since returning.

I feel i found what must be a bug in the "gear pool" module. Its really odd,but with a custom gear pool of (common in this case) weapons, i have (CUP) 6 Rifles,two shotguns and 5 pistols.

The weapons spawn pretty much evenly distributed in the gear loadout for AI,with a serious mis balance when it comes to pistols...now i thought i understood what a random array was,it basically picks "at random" a classname and equips it in this case to an AI. But every time i use zues to test and fly around AI squads and see what weapons they have,when it comes to pistols its like the same pistol is given to all the AI,and very very rarely a different one is selected.

First test: flew around killed all AI i saw with pistols , 8 men total: of the 5 classnames of pistol, one classname was in use on an AI 6 times.

I repeated this step over and over and over,it was always the same pistol. 

So i removed that actual classname of pistol, restested... then it was a different pistol, over and over being selected all of the time..like a 10:1 ratio.

Infact, in hundreds of tests there is even a particular pistol type(i have only around 21 weapons total in all arrays) i have NEVER seen. ( i tested to see if it was recognized ok and it was)

So to sum up,for some reason,it seems however the array is handling the distribution of AI weapons,it seems to prioritize one. And this is FROM THE EDITOR,all previews spawn the exact same pistol at a very unbalanced ratio to AI.

I cant really understand why this is happening,its maybe a mod issue but why would a mod mess with an array,and why would an array thats random not act random.

Is there some hidden "weighting" system in place or is this a bug related to pistols?

Also , breathfog feature, im not sure if theres any burden on the CPU from it,but if there is,i found that simulation disabled entities have the effect happening on them when simulation is disabled.

Another issue i found. There seems to be a bug with objects spawning with ambient furniture script. The offender in question is a CUP terrains2.0 / livonia shed "Land_Shed_10_F". The spawn position for loot object , in this case a crate,causes the crate to spawn "in a general area" of the actual shed,and at a random height with simulation disabled.. The result , on maps like chernarus 2020 and livonia and any other map using this shed,crates often spawn on the road,mid air,along with trash object. If you add that classname to the blacklist it fixes it up nicely.

I also just found an issue with dynamic weather. sometime fog altitude and fog density set values that are too incompatible,resulting in your whole screen becoming fogged up,and the issue happens abruptly. As in you can be on a sunny day and suddenly,your entire screen goes fog coloured. Doesnt happen often and it took a while for me to understand it was even for.

• Like 1

Happy winter stuff! (Merry Christmas)

Ravage Hunters got another scenario this time using the immersive Cytech terrain released back in September!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3037914909

A simple Remnant co-op scenario released back in October which was featured on the frontpage of the ARMA 3 workshop!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3061177023

The original Money Hunters scenario got updated with a nice Christmas surprise today!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2842579942

My campaign "Heart of Evil" for ARMA 3 got a big update which brought many adjustments, improvements, new content and QoLs to nearly all of the 13 scenarios!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2861021603

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment I have my Cytech campaign and a Stalker scenario in the works with no ETA for either though here's a sneak peak:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3108157242

• Like 3

...so I've been searchig quite a bit for Ravage without zombies. Should I be looking for a separate Ravage version?

update, I just made my own mission with the Ravage mod.

Someone made a comment about that on Steam Workshop, so I'll address the issue here too, especially since now I am not the only one noticing this.

For some reason, while the zombies are seen as hostile and being fired at only by OPFOR - immediately, BLUFOR and GREENFOR don't do that. They can call out the contacts and look at them, but they will not shoot until a unit within the group receives damage. It doesn't have to be damage dealt by the zombie itself, I could kill one guy as a person from hostile side and once they go into combat mode, they start recognizing zeds as enemies and open fire. I haven't made any reliable testing to verify if this is the same for the spawned agents and normally placed civilian-zombie group equally, but there definitely is a significant delay for non-OPFOR guys to open fire.

Right now using non-OPFOR AI as a manner of defense does not make sense unless they are made invulnerable, otherwise most of them would die before opening fire. Could this be looked into in the nearest future? 

Hello everyone! How do I start scenario with delay in the song 2 minutes. Do you have any option to start the music with a delay?

And how do I spawn opfor and independent characters without items, with only 1 random weapon?

6 minutes ago, Nemanjic said:

dormir mais simples, mas há muitas maneiras.

Only the ravage music should be late to start as I did an intro and the music has been getting in the way. I wish she didn't start at the beginning. 

hi all...

I've built my own Ravage-based scenario in the Editor, and added in GF's awesome Cargo Airdrop script.... I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make the airdrops purchasable? ie. I would not be able to request an airdrop unless I have X amount of banknotes in my inventory, and of course the banknotes would be removed from inventory upon purchase. Is this do-able? 

thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

In a scenario I’m working on, I’m using Ravage’s Ambient AI and have given the user the ability to adjust an AI presence setting in a custom menu.  I’m having issues changing the “Population Factor” of the module via script.

After some digging in the main PBO, I feel like this comes down to “aiPopulationFactor_m” or “rvg_aiPopulation”.

Despite toying with these variables in my init file (testing by setting the module to 0 population, then trying to change that in init), I’m not getting any results.

Is changing the AI population factor possible after the scenario starts?

1 hour ago, jsmith82 said:

Hi everyone,

In a scenario I’m working on, I’m using Ravage’s Ambient AI and have given the user the ability to adjust an AI presence setting in a custom menu.  I’m having issues changing the “Population Factor” of the module via script.

After some digging in the main PBO, I feel like this comes down to “aiPopulationFactor_m” or “rvg_aiPopulation”.

Despite toying with these variables in my init file (testing by setting the module to 0 population, then trying to change that in init), I’m not getting any results.

Is changing the AI population factor possible after the scenario starts?

It is rvg_aiPopulation.  Assigning it a numeric variable and its acting accordingly.

Loot replenishment is based on a day in the game, so if I have my time sped by 4, every 6 hours.  Is there a command that can be called which would force replenish the environment without having to wait for a game day?

Ravage seems to be removing environmental sounds from the Chernarus 2035 map, any ideas why would this mod do that and how to fix this? On it's own the terrain works perfectly fine, once Ravage is added - with or without needed modules - every ambient sound except footsteps is gone.