Haleks I believe I may have found the issue with my exploding vehicles.  I couldn't get a reply from the person with the same issue so I just started eliminating scripts and then running the mission.  It seems as though zbe caching was causing the problem.  I have some other issues that I don't know if anyone else has come across, for instance, items such as maps, compass and watch will disappear from my inventory.  I was actually collecting maps as I came across them and not only was the one in my equipped section gone but both of the others vanished too.  I don't think the goats at my ranch ate them but I did shoot and gut them to be sure. . .  nope but I ate well that night  :D

Haleks I believe I may have found the issue with my exploding vehicles.  I couldn't get a reply from the person with the same issue so I just started eliminating scripts and then running the mission.  It seems as though zbe caching was causing the problem.  I have some other issues that I don't know if anyone else has come across, for instance, items such as maps, compass and watch will disappear from my inventory.  I was actually collecting maps as I came across them and not only was the one in my equipped section gone but both of the others vanished too.  I don't think the goats at my ranch ate them but I did shoot and gut them to be sure. . .  nope but I ate well that night  :D

I have the same problem with my MP mission called The Escape having a quad bike after the intro scene nearby the survivors usually blown out and i also believe that's a known issue with zbe caching affecting multiplayer since i've been using it on my single player missions as well without any issues, but surely i can live with that as it doesn't happen all the time and with a simple restart everything goes back to normal.

Edit: Try to disable the vehicle caching for the said vehicles by using this on their .init fields and check if the problem still occurs: this setVariable ["zbe_cacheDisabled",true]; 

I have some other issues that I don't know if anyone else has come across, for instance, items such as maps, compass and watch will disappear from my inventory.  I was actually collecting maps as I came across them and not only was the one in my equipped section gone but both of the others vanished too.  I don't think the goats at my ranch ate them but I did shoot and gut them to be sure. . .  nope but I ate well that night  :D

This is a problem with arma. We figured this out earlier in this thread. It happens when you switch backpacks (mostly from a dead person) and will delete any of your items (map,gps compass etc. as well as NVG's,headgear etc.). Doesn't happen all the time and I think only with certain mods activated (which ones I don't know). Haleks couldn't reproduce it with just the mods needed for ravage running.

Currently I put all the equipped items on the ground or in the backpack before switching backpacks. It's a pain in the ass workaround but it works!

• Like 1

Yes, as cdn_biggdogg said, items disappearing is a recent problem wich seems to affect specific mods. In my experience it tends to happen with outdated addons, so be carefull with your mod-set.

Regarding zbe caching, you don't need it, really : ravage has its own caching systems for various stuff, including vehicles. ;)

I suggest you guys try your missions without any caching system (that includes BIS simulation manager); adding more is redundant and could even have bad effects on performances.

Regarding zbe caching, you don't need it, really : ravage has its own caching systems for various stuff, including vehicles. ;)

I suggest you guys try your missions without any caching system (that includes BIS simulation manager); adding more is redundant and could even have bad effects on performances.

Does ravage's own caching function applies for all the hand placed AI units and vehicles in the editor as well or only for the dynamically created?
That was the reason i had to use zbe cache as it was the only solution.

I dont really like using BIS simulation manager as i have placed enough objects on my missions and when simulation manager kicks in, after the player is inside the defined radius, it mess up their position,usually make objects to fall or rotated awkwardly.
  • Like 1

Does ravage's own caching function applies for all the hand placed AI units and vehicles in the editor as well or only for the dynamically created?

That is exactly the same reason for me so I too would like to know.

Thank you Jimmakos and cdn_biggdogg for the suggestions.

Haleks thanks for the information and I do have another question.  When setting up a mission what does the preset do when choosing one of those options?  Is there a way to include the weapons/ammo of Apex to the looting system. 

• Like 1

Re-posting my question as i couldn't find any answer elsewhere :

I'm building a Ravage Mission on Chernobyl map. As the buildings used on this maps are custom one, loot won't spawn inside so I started to manually put lots of luggages and Sacks on the map but inside there is no loot spawning.

What should i put in the .init of these objects if i wan't some random loot (vital, weapons...) to spawn inside ?

Thanks

I dont really like using BIS simulation manager as i have placed enough objects on my missions and when simulation manager kicks in, after the player is inside the defined radius, it mess up their position,usually make objects to fall or rotated awkwardly.

That is exactly the same reason for me so I too would like to know.

Thank you Jimmakos and cdn_biggdogg for the suggestions.

Haleks thanks for the information and I do have another question.  When setting up a mission what does the preset do when choosing one of those options?  Is there a way to include the weapons/ammo of Apex to the looting system. 

Here's how the vehicles caching system works currently : it will kick-in if you place down a vehicle module and set it to spawn wrecks. At this point it will cache any empty vehicle it finds, hand-placed and dynamic spawns alike.

Note that the script handles all vehicles, including ones that aren't spawned by Ravage.

Now that I think of it, it might be best (and clearer) for mission makers to add the option to the module parameters.

There is no AI caching at the moment though.

Re-posting my question as i couldn't find any answer elsewhere :

I'm building a Ravage Mission on Chernobyl map. As the buildings used on this maps are custom one, loot won't spawn inside so I started to manually put lots of luggages and Sacks on the map but inside there is no loot spawning.

What should i put in the .init of these objects if i wan't some random loot (vital, weapons...) to spawn inside ?

Thanks

The spawn system isn't designed to work like that - you will most likely clog up your computer proceeding that way.

Short answer : there is no easy way at the moment to add support for custom buildings. :(

• Like 1

I'm launching soon my first MP mission with Ravage and Zeus. 

I haven't unpack the Ravage mod to check, but I got a simple question: Friend and Hostile AI appear in zeus as non characters. So in zeus there is currently no way to impersonate them, neither to delete or move them. Is there a workaround, or a way to catch them by script? so with custom ARES script I will be able to manipulate the IA or the Zombies enough for my needs (asking them to be spawnable AI as OPFOR or INDEP seems too much to ask for my point of view).

Also, is there a way to change the survival values of the players ? By example, If I want to provide some shelter, skip time to morning and give back some points in food/ wahtever, is there a script I can call? 

Ravage, combined with some others mods, is really a great framework to create some very immersive missions. I'm quite exited to test this with my teammates! Many thanks for this impressive works!

There is no AI caching at the moment though.

Would you please considering making one in near future?
Something like the zbe_cache way would be ideal, all the single units are cached and in a group only the leader is uncached.
Just a side note* caching units that have been binnded to ambient and or combat animations will make them acting wild upon cache spawning.
I know ravage uses it's own caching system for the dynamic created bandit groups but I've seen that while using your "spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp" function leaves the units uncached just like plain placed group/units in editor.

Thanks.

Is this great mod will provide something like random mission generator in the future?

A random mission like someone asking for help because surrounded by zed.  

Or someone asking to obtaining food, waters from the city.

Looking for med equipment in hospital, or even looking for ammos in military or police station.

Or even someone asking to rescue a kidnapped person from a building full of bandits?

In my opinion, survival and bandit killing is one thing, but if we have something to do it will be even better.

Just a thought :D

• Like 1

I'm launching soon my first MP mission with Ravage and Zeus. 

I haven't unpack the Ravage mod to check, but I got a simple question: Friend and Hostile AI appear in zeus as non characters. So in zeus there is currently no way to impersonate them, neither to delete or move them. Is there a workaround, or a way to catch them by script? so with custom ARES script I will be able to manipulate the IA or the Zombies enough for my needs (asking them to be spawnable AI as OPFOR or INDEP seems too much to ask for my point of view).

Also, is there a way to change the survival values of the players ? By example, If I want to provide some shelter, skip time to morning and give back some points in food/ wahtever, is there a script I can call? 

Ravage, combined with some others mods, is really a great framework to create some very immersive missions. I'm quite exited to test this with my teammates! Many thanks for this impressive works!

Hi Zuzul, thanks for the kind words!

Keep in mind that Ravage hasn't really been tested with Zeus/MCC/Ares etc. Although it does work pretty well with Alive, I don't know how it's gonna react with the others.

Better implementation with editing techniques is something I'll have to look at (for instance hand-placed zombies might follow the waypoints you give them, but I'm not even sure). Regarding the Ravage factions/AI, they aren't meant to be "playable" : it's just a bunch of naked guys wich are being equipped by the spawn system. Since the equipment is dynamic, I never went through the hassle of configuring them or adding the proper event handlers to have them really usefull for game masters or mission designers.

One day, I promise, I'll write a proper scripting section on the wiki, with all usefull variables and functions. Just need to tidy my shit up first! ^^

@palatine :

Yes, a dynamic mission system is something I'd like to have in the mod; but I work rather slowly these days and do not have a precise schedule - patience. ;)

@Jimmakos :

• Like 5

Keep in mind that Ravage hasn't really been tested with Zeus/MCC/Ares etc. Although it does work pretty well with Alive, I don't know how it's gonna react with the others.

Better implementation with editing techniques is something I'll have to look at (for instance hand-placed zombies might follow the waypoints you give them, but I'm not even sure).

Hand-placed zeds will follow "move" waypoints, but will break off from their path if they gain line of sight from players or bandits. 

• Like 2

Does the Ravage mod have any kind of auto healing? I think I read it somewhere. Because I wrote a script which I use in some SP missions, which does auto healing (i.e. doing "player setDamage n")  basically depending on stance, vehicle usage and player speed of movement. Don't want a conflict.

Nope, there is no such thing at the moment; you're safe to go. ;)

One thing worth noting though : Ravage uses its own function to set damage (wich reduces occurences of injuries to the legs).

It's not necessary at all, but you can use it instead of setDamage if you want to remain consistent with the mod mechanics :

[player, *newDamageValue*] call rvg_fnc_setDamage;
  • Like 2

Updated changelog for the next release :

Tweaked :
All ambiant wrecks are now generated on mission start.
Increased delay between dynamic sand gusts.
Players now have to remove their gasmask or special helmet before eating or drinking.
Distance check before caching empty vehicles and wrecks reduced by half.
Breathfog simulation is now synchronized with respiration rate for players and AI.
Slightly lowered gasmask SFX.
Only supplies traders can spawn dynamically (weapons traders have to be placed manually).
Increased Rating malus when killing traders or their bodyguards.
Removed a few car patrols from the Altis scenario.
Disabled dynamic sand gusts during heavy rain.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude corpses from the clean-up system.
The "rvg_owned" variable can be used to exclude vehicles from damages applied by the Vehicles Module.
Added more infected faces to renegades when zombies are enabled.
the rvg_fnc_zed_spawn function now returns the zeds it has created.
Ravage no longer uses removeAllActions : only actions created by the mod will be removed.
Removed the "enable Survival system" option from the survival module (placing the module activates it).
Disabled a couple intro scenes for Altis.
Contact reports are completely disabled (until BIS fixes the related difficulty option).
Autonomous Machines are available as secondary Force as well (Ambiant AI module).
[singleplayer] Bandits are no longer equipped with Apex items if the player doesn't own the DLC.
They still use Apex weapons unless one of the mods supported by the mission is detected.

Fixed :
Bandits and wrecks sometimes spawning too close to players.
Some distance checks before spawning zombies weren't working.
RPT error when fixing a vehicle with a vanilla toolkit.
Missing Apex military buildings from Loot system.
Fixed Geiger activation sound timing.
Hordes should react properly to nearby targets when "Horde Behaviour" is enabled.
The rvg_garbage_collector variable was unnecessarily broadcasted across clients.
Minor fixes to the Altis showcase.
Spawned Drones weren't deleted after they'd been destroyed.
Fix for infected faces not showing for everyone in MP.
Config conflict for B_Pilot_F & B_Helipilot_F infantry class.
Tanoa fuel stations are now disabled if rvg_Apex is loaded.

New :
The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :
village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).
All Ravage items are available in Virtual Arsenal under the magazines panel.
The Vehicles caching system can be enabled from the settings module.
Added spawn distances parameter to Ambiant AI module.
Added intact versions for Land_LampHalogen_F and Land_LampAirport_F to Eden.
Added new ambiant tracks from Arma3.
The Vehicles module offers different settings for wrecks presence (none, low, medium, high).
It is now possible to set a percentage of burning wrecks from the Vehicles module.
Gasmasks from following mods are supported : FFAA, EPSM Exomod, KA Specially Equipped Pack.
Added new Oxygen Rebreather Vest.
Ravage *should* be linux-friendly.

My to-do list is still as long as my arm, so I probably won't have time to add everything I wanted...

The update should happen as soon as 1.64 hits stable.

• Like 10

I've had a bit of a scavenge but I can't seem to find much info - is it somewhat possible to add custom loot to the loot table?

New :

The following gamelogics can be used as artificial locations for the Ambiant AI spawns :

village, town, city (found under "logic entitites >> locations" in Eden).

Could you please explain this a bit more? Placing a gamelogic will automatic spawn AI once the vehicle player is inside the pre-defined area or should the gamelogics synced to triggers etc.

Thanks.

Better implementation with editing techniques is something I'll have to look at (for instance hand-placed zombies might follow the waypoints you give them, but I'm not even sure). Regarding the Ravage factions/AI, they aren't meant to be "playable" : it's just a bunch of naked guys wich are being equipped by the spawn system. Since the equipment is dynamic, I never went through the hassle of configuring them or adding the proper event handlers to have them really usefull for game masters or mission designers.

One day, I promise, I'll write a proper scripting section on the wiki, with all usefull variables and functions. Just need to tidy my shit up first! ^^

You are welcomed!

For info:

- Zeus can impersonate any Humans spawn by Ravage (Friends and Foes). I haven't seen any issues so far.

- Zeus cannot impersonate Zombies

Since only the humans interested me as Zeus, this is completely fine for me! I'm using Ryans Zombie for the others Zeds I need to spawn. 

I got an issue to put the rations and other Ravage stuff in boxes for my dedicated server, but it should come from the script itself (I suck in scripting in Arma, such a shame...). Having the rvg_items in the Arsenal would be wonderful!

Good luck for all you want to do in the next release, everything looks really promising!

Zul

• Like 1

Could you please explain this a bit more? Placing a gamelogic will automatic spawn AI once the vehicle player is inside the pre-defined area or should the gamelogics synced to triggers etc.

Thanks.

You don't need triggers or anything : just placing down any of those gamelogics and the Ambiant AI module is enough.

The spawn system will detect those gamelogics and take care of everything (creating dynamic triggers etc). It's something I'll probably expand to the radiations system too.

@Zuzul :

I've fixed the configs for all the survival items : all of them will appear in VA under the new "unsorted magazines" panel that's coming with Arma3 1.64. ;)

• Like 2

Why does the holster function disappear after respawning?

Already fixed for the next update.

(Totally forgot to add that to the changelog, thanks for the reminder. ;) )

• Like 1

Question: in MP, how do you manage the number of Zed spawned?

There are two variables in the module setting: 

The first indicate the number of Zombies / player. 

The second...I'm not exactly sure what the second does. Is it the maximum of Zed present at the same time on the server?

(Sorry, I'm not in front of my game, I do not remind the names of the variables and the module setting name)

So, by example:

First variable : 50

Second variable : 250

Does it means it will spawn 50 Zombies par player connected (so for 6 players 300 zombies), up to a maximum of 250 zombies present at the same time on the server ?