have you tried the 

this setvariable ["owned",true]; command on the vehicles you dont want to explode?

if not it is the vehicle damager destroying them to create ambient wrecks because the 10 is a 10 percent chance of that vehicle not exploding i believe....

As far as the code, yes I have.  When talking about the 10%, the way I understood it is 10% of all vehicles, both manually placed and module placed, have a chance of not having anything wrong with them.  All the rest will have something mechanical screwed up on them.  The only vehicle that doesn't get touched by the module, nor does this bug affect it, is the bike mod I have installed by Kerozene.  I've had every single vehicle go up in smoke within looking distance, as I could see smoke farther away, with the exception of code protected and that bike.  

It's likely the bike isn't affected because it isn't configed normally or the classname isn't in the vehicle wrecker...

My understanding of the the 10% was that each vehicle had a 10% chance of not being wrecked... so it is possible that all vehicles could be wrecked as it doesn't calculate 10% of the total placed vehicles on the map...

I'm sure Haleks will clarify soon

My guess is that you or someone in the squad or some ai that needs to be loaded has the weapon... Only real solution there is to start again unfortuneately unless you want to revert to older version of cup.

Darn okay, no pressure.

I'm also having a problem saving. When I find a radio I cannot 0-0-1 to save. Radio option is greyed out. Not using ACE.

EDIT: Tried it with only CBA, CUP, RHS and Ravage enabled - still suffering same issue.

Nope they're not spawning on other objects.  The reason I know this is because I personally placed them in the mission.  Here is an example video of it happening twice in a row.

https://youtu.be/ynj6hpNmV9o

I don't think this is caused by the Vehicles module : whenever damages are applied to vehicles, I made sure to tone down said damages for exploding parts such as engines and fuel tanks. Could you set the intact vehicles probability to 100% and see if those still explode?

One thing I noticed on your vid : it looks like all the vehicles that explode are placed slightly above ground - maybe it's related.

On a side note : usually, the only occasions you'll hear vehicles exploding in ravage, are cases of them spawning into each others (I'll need to fix that) or very bad AI driving.

The mods "Spawn radius" is not reset. I think, with a higher spawn radius, the horde will also spawn at the module center, only sooner (when you enter the area).

I wanted the center of the module to be randomized (i.e. I want the place where the horde appears to be randomized), by using "Placement radius" (the attribute which almost everything has in eden editor". This gets reset to zero after mission reload.

Yes, as you guessed, Hordes always appear on the module's position - the only way to randomize that is to use the placement radius.

Does it reset itself with vanilla modules as well? I'm not sure if I need to configure something or if it's an issue with Eden (most modules and their parameters had a similar problem when Eden was first released).

@outlaw2101 : Are you on the Altis demo mission? It's the only one with such a feature at the moment.

Is there a way to control the frequency of bandit spawns?  It feels like I'm frequently meeting multiple 5man squads of them whenever I try to get to a city.

Does it reset itself with vanilla modules as well? I'm not sure if I need to configure something or if it's an issue with Eden (most modules and their parameters had a similar problem when Eden was first released).

Good question, will check, but cannot today, Definitely want to randomize the horde center.

Hello !

I just discovered this mod and I want to say a big THANK YOU Haleks for this job! Really impressive!!!

I will use it for MP with Zeus (and ACE, yes, I have seen the issues). It will provide many hours of fun and stress to my players.

Just a question (maybe already answered but i didnt foynd it in this thread) : ravage items and factions do not appear in Zeus neither in Eden. I have to create them myself from the pbo?

Again, thanks for the amazing work!

Just a question (maybe already answered but i didnt foynd it in this thread) : ravage items and factions do not appear in Zeus neither in Eden. I have to create them myself from the pbo?

Ravage items can be found in Eden editor......Props>Supplies>Survival......there you will find Basic Supplies, Repair Tools and Survival Gear.  ;)

• Like 1

So i was stalking a group of 5 Raiders, and i started engaging them from 200~ Meters out, no buildings nearby or anything, suddenly ~20 zombies spawned right on top of them and did my job for me

@outlaw2101 : Are you on the Altis demo mission? It's the only one with such a feature at the moment.

No Haleks I have been using Tanoa. So that is the reason it hasn't worked? Bummer. Is there any way to put it into the Tanoa map? Or any alternative way to save my progress?

So i was stalking a group of 5 Raiders, and i started engaging them from 200~ Meters out, no buildings nearby or anything, suddenly ~20 zombies spawned right on top of them and did my job for me

Yes, this is known : currently player distance checks for a bunch of things (wrecks, bandits, zeds) aren't working.

It will all be fixed with the update.

No Haleks I have been using Tanoa. So that is the reason it hasn't worked? Bummer. Is there any way to put it into the Tanoa map? Or any alternative way to save my progress?

I could change the module so it adds that quicksave shortcut, but it could also conflict with features in user-made missions.

Check your difficulty parameters : you can remove the one-save-only limit.

• Like 1

Ravage items can be found in Eden editor......Props>Supplies>Survival......there you will find Basic Supplies, Repair Tools and Survival Gear.  ;)

Seems I wasn't truly awake when I search for the items.... Thanks a lot, I'll check this ASAP.

And sorry for the silly question.

I don't think this is caused by the Vehicles module : whenever damages are applied to vehicles, I made sure to tone down said damages for exploding parts such as engines and fuel tanks. Could you set the intact vehicles probability to 100% and see if those still explode?

One thing I noticed on your vid : it looks like all the vehicles that explode are placed slightly above ground - maybe it's related.

On a side note : usually, the only occasions you'll hear vehicles exploding in ravage, are cases of them spawning into each others (I'll need to fix that) or very bad AI driving.

I put that at 100% and no explosions.  Two things I noticed at my normal 10% is 

First:  The vehicles are on the ground but look suspended with the suspension system extended until, it looks like, the physics kick in for them.  Here is a pic in the Editor on how it actually looks in game before that kicks in. 

kHxQMZll.png

Second:  Even the vehicles with the code 

this setVariable ["owned", true];

are blowing up.  

The vehicles the wreck spawner is putting in are ok but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the effects some of the wrecks get on them.  You know as the wreck spawner uses actual wreck props,at times, and places them on the map, sometimes it gives them a fire effect for ambience.  Watching the video and watching in game while it happens it looks like that effect is being placed on them and they explode from the damage it causes.

Here is the list of mods I have installed while making the mission:

CBA

Ravage

3den Enhanced

CUP vehicles

CUP units

CUP weapons

chums buggy

bike by Kerozene

While actually playing the mission add these to it:

ASR AI

bcombat

Arma enhanced movement

RYD incognito

TRYK's multi play uniforms

Advanced towing

WW aimenu

That definitely needs investigation; if possible, could you send me a copy of your mission?

I put that at 100% and no explosions.  Two things I noticed at my normal 10% is 

First:  The vehicles are on the ground but look suspended with the suspension system extended until, it looks like, the physics kick in for them.  Here is a pic in the Editor on how it actually looks in game before that kicks in. 

kHxQMZll.png

Second:  Even the vehicles with the code 

this setVariable ["owned", true];

are blowing up.  

The vehicles the wreck spawner is putting in are ok but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the effects some of the wrecks get on them.  You know as the wreck spawner uses actual wreck props,at times, and places them on the map, sometimes it gives them a fire effect for ambience.  Watching the video and watching in game while it happens it looks like that effect is being placed on them and they explode from the damage it causes.

Here is the list of mods I have installed while making the mission:

CBA

Ravage

3den Enhanced

CUP vehicles

CUP units

CUP weapons

chums buggy

bike by Kerozene

While actually playing the mission add these to it:

ASR AI

bcombat

Arma enhanced movement

RYD incognito

TRYK's multi play uniforms

Advanced towing

WW aimenu

Focus some attention on the mod 3den Enhanced. It's been the source of problems in missions for me to the point that I stopped using it! Not saying it's causing your issues but it would be a good one to start with!

Hi Guys,

What would be the class Listing of the gutting knife or is there a class listing for ravage items, I couldn't find it on the wiki. Any help appreciated. Excellent mod!

Los

"Mask_M40_OD", "rvg_sleepingBag_Blue", "rvg_purificationTablets",, "rvg_foldedTent", "rvg_guttingknife", "rvg_canopener", "rvg_matches"

"rvg_beans", "rvg_bacon", "rvg_milk", "rvg_rice", "FirstAidKit","rvg_matches", "rvg_notebook"

"rvg_plasticBottlePurified", "rvg_spirit", "rvg_franta", "rvg_canteenPurified", "rvg_canteen"

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Focus some attention on the mod 3den Enhanced. It's been the source of problems in missions for me to the point that I stopped using it! Not saying it's causing your issues but it would be a good one to start with!

Thanks for the advice I shall give that a go the next time I edit something in the mission.

EDIT:  Haleks I sent a pm to someone because I seen in a different thread they were having the same problem.  I want to check with them to see what we may have in common that may be the culprit.

• Like 1

is their a way to make the Zeds stronger killing them in one shot is not fun also is their something we can use to build buildings with? over all great mod just the thing i was looking for.

do you think its possible to add these functionalities and fixes?

• A drop down box in modules for zombie health (so mission makers can decide how much a threat zombies are without having to add or subtract infected)
  • less armed offroads spawning for bandits (M2 would be hard to come by)
  • make traders less rip offs... (sold an AKM for 21... to find he offers AKMs for 60 something banknotes)

OK, tested it, vanilla ArmA with vanilla module, same problem. Maybe you can add the possibility to spawn the horde into a random place into a linked marker area...? Because... waiting for BIS... *coughcough*

is their a way to make the Zeds stronger killing them in one shot is not fun also is their something we can use to build buildings with? over all great mod just the thing i was looking for.

do you think its possible to add these functionalities and fixes?

• A drop down box in modules for zombie health (so mission makers can decide how much a threat zombies are without having to add or subtract infected)
  • less armed offroads spawning for bandits (M2 would be hard to come by)
  • make traders less rip offs... (sold an AKM for 21... to find he offers AKMs for 60 something banknotes)

- Having multiple "health" set-ups for zombies isn't really planned at the moment : it requires scripting new damage handling, wich can easily conflict with vanilla mechanics or addons (ACE...).

There is also another problem wich can't really be adressed by simply making zombies tougher to kill : mods are not always on the same page as vanilla content. RHS for instance : from what I experienced their weapons are much more lethal than stock weaponry. Try the beretta on zombies, it does a much better job than the rook-40 or even the Zubr (!).

I'm not saying it's out of the equation; I just have other priorities right now. :)

- Problem with AI and unarmed vehicles, is that it basically gives a free vehicle to players : if they don't crash it the AIs will usually have a hard time to defend it. That being said, I'm keeping an eye on the latest changes BIS is applying to AI driving - things might evolve in the future...

- If you had the food, the fire power and the numbers, would you practice honest prices? ^^

More seriously, the trading thing is early WIP, it will be further tweaked at some point (the current implementation already needs quite some fixes). I'll probably end up making a dedicated module with its own parameters (buy/sell ratio, custom shop types etc) , although that's not top-priority for now.

OK, tested it, vanilla ArmA with vanilla module, same problem. Maybe you can add the possibility to spawn the horde into a random place into a linked marker area...? Because... waiting for BIS... *coughcough*

I could, but it would become redundant when BIS fixes that. ^^

Eden is relatively recent; since the editor has their full attention this year, I'd say it's worth reporting the problem via the usual channels.

One thing I could do until then : set the Horde module to accept code inputs (rather than numbers only). This way you could randomize how far zombies spawn from the module, and the trigger size.

i get where your going on all those points, Also do you plan on making it possible to place traders down like in a safezone or something of the sorts?