2 hours ago, haleks said:

Not at the moment, sadly. It's on my TO DO list, but I always forget it... ^^'

I will remind you, when you announce the next patch :P

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, haleks said:

Have a look if you are looking for ideas or just a good reason to launch Arma! ;)

Thanks for this mission Haleks !

So guys, I've been thinking... Who needs melee weapons when one is born with perfectly working, 100% natural fists?

player addAction ["", {
	0 spawn {
		player setVariable ["_isBoxing", true];
		player playAction (selectRandom ["babe_rvg_zeds_att1", "babe_rvg_zeds_att2", "babe_rvg_zeds_att3"]);
		if (cursorTarget isKindOf "man" && {player distance cursorTarget < 1.25}) then {
			playSound3D [selectRandom [
				"rvg_zeds\sounds\zed_hit_0.ogg",
				"rvg_zeds\sounds\zed_hit_1.ogg",
				"rvg_zeds\sounds\zed_hit_2.ogg"
			], cursorTarget];
			_selection = selectRandom ((getAllHitPointsDamage cursorTarget) select 1);
			_bullet = createVehicle ["rvg_zedAmmo",(cursorTarget modelToWorldVisual (cursorTarget selectionPosition _selection)),[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_bullet setShotParents [vehicle player, player];
			_vector = vectorNormalized (ASLToAGL (getPosASL _bullet) vectorFromTo (player getPos [100,0]));
			_bullet setVelocity (_vector vectorMultiply 7);
		};
		player setFatigue (getFatigue player + 0.1);
		sleep 0.5;
		player setVariable ["_isBoxing", nil];
	};
}, "", 0, false, true, "DefaultAction",
"isNil {player getVariable '_isBoxing'} && {(vehicle player) isEqualTo player && currentWeapon player isEqualTo '' && ((getFatigue player) < 0.9)}"
];

Put your weapon weapon away, approach your victim of choice, left click, enjoy.

It only works on humans and animals for now, but worry not : the next Ravage update will include basic tools for a scripted melee system, it will work on humans, zombies, animals, possibly vehicles and/or any kind of object (use at your own risk).

I've also improved the gore FX on zombie melee hits, and I'm investigating potential improvements to their attacks - especially against vehicles.

The next update will also add some surprises regarding the more advanced weaponry. ;)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

@Haleks: 

:icon_dj:   NEWS!!! 

This is the true RAVAGE spirit: if some gameplay enhancing feature doesn't exist or does exist, but  isn't fully compatible, you & the guys go for an in-house solution!  BIG THX for that & looking forward to the testing I am 4 SURE!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, haleks said:

The next update will also add some surprises regarding the more advanced weaponry. ;)

Haleks that was really awesome!

Thanks!

@haleks My man!!!!!! I’m so happy to hear about melee. Fantastic. 

Going forward, in theory, would it be possible with this engine to expand on that melee code to utilize melee weapons, such as an axe (if that asset is available. Didn’t that one abandoned zombie mod open source theirs?) or (maybe the Ravage gutting) knife? 

Also, with fists, how many punches would you expect to take down a Z? 

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Going forward, in theory, would it be possible with this engine to expand on that melee code to utilize melee weapons, such as an axe (if that asset is available. Didn’t that one abandoned zombie mod open source theirs?) or (maybe the Ravage gutting) knife?

It is always possible to reproduce what the DayZ mod did (wich is what 99% of modders do, as it is pretty much the only solution), but I haven't been down this road yet. A "proper" melee weapon need to be configured as a weapon class, in an engine thought for firearms : due to its limitations, they always look awkward animation-wise. That's why I'm not too hot about melee weapons; eventhough they're definitely nice to have, they don't feel right in Arma.

A 100% scripted solution is possible too, albeit a tad complex to implement. The code snippet I posted above is a concept I am exploring for those moments when you have no ammo left, I might expand on it and add support for small weapons like knives (or screwdrivers), but other than that, axes and shovels aren't planned any time soon.

Still, you can try to add melee weapons from other mods to the equipment pool module, but I don't know if the AI will be able to use them. ;)

• Like 4

Thanks, Haleks. I was really only thinking about the player human versus a zombie and nothing beyond that (lol so not like man vs human AI bare-handed death match), but I can appreciate how you want to cover all your bases for all use cases.

But yeah, if the screwdriver and gutting knife could feasibly work for no-ammo situations (which is me constantly because I suck) without having to rip open source assets, that would be incredible, whether it’s human vs Z only or everything under the sun vs everything under the sun. 

The discusion on this alone is pretty exciting. I’m pumped for the first implementation of bare-handed bitch slapping. :) Hell yeah!

Hello there Ravagers !

For anyone who is interested this is my WIP :

GF Blood Stains and SFX Script

Spoiler

SIEVX7PLS8qbiI7nq8G69g.png

for more pics +news in :

Spoiler

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The melee looks awesome! Breaking Point has a ton of melee weapons in their open source and they are all excellent. A sledge hammer with barbed wire wrapped around it, a katana, a hatchet, a baseball bat with spikes, etc. I can't figure out how to get them to work though. I've been digging around with the code for the mod for about two months now. I've managed to extract the faction uniforms, vests and backpacks, dogs, all the regular weapons, the JSRS sounds for the weapons, etc. Can't get the melee weapons to work though. I'm assuming they are used in the launcher slot, since in Breaking Point you can use a pistol, rifle and melee weapon. Launchers do not exist.

Deathlyrage has specifically said to me that he doesn't care what people do with the stuff from his mod, as long as it stays in Arma. The code was released as Arma Public Share Like License. If we can figure out how to pull and use the melee weapons and animations... it would be an awesome addition to the mod!

34 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Deathlyrage has specifically said to me that he doesn't care what people do with the stuff from his mod, as long as it stays in Arma. The code was released as Arma Public Share Like License

I think Haleks could figure it out if he is interested in making his future work for melee a bit easier and or less to figure out, use it as a template or just use it but imo Haleks

should just ask the author if he indeed intends on using code, ect,. from that mod and ask permission.

Asking permission even if the license says share alike is establishing a short term relationship, and letting the author know where his work is going,

lets just say its a form of respect amongst the community and as modders, a code of ethics if you will, but to each their own.

Could also just go with the license but do give credits for anything added or used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know how to make it so that in MP, players drop all items on the ground or have it removed permanently when they die?

Don't worry about the respawns, I will just use respawn camps :)

@lv1234:

I use this code in my mission "Castaway in Tanoa" to simulate "You are left 4 dead and thrown into the water after being stripped down of your gear!" 

Spoiler

if (isNull (_this select 1)) exitWith {/* Im not respawning just joining! */};

removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeAllAssignedItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

_this forceAddUniform "U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_5_F";

_this setFace "WhiteHead_16";
_this setSpeaker "male09eng";

The code goes into a text file named "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" (without the " " ofc!)  within the mission root folder.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, haleks said:

So guys, I've been thinking... Who needs melee weapons when one is born with perfectly working, 100% natural fists?

player addAction ["", {
	0 spawn {
		player playAction (selectRandom ["babe_rvg_zeds_att1", "babe_rvg_zeds_att2", "babe_rvg_zeds_att3"]);
		if (cursorTarget isKindOf "man" && {player distance cursorTarget < 1.25}) then {
			], cursorTarget];
			_bullet = createVehicle ["rvg_zedAmmo",(cursorTarget modelToWorldVisual (cursorTarget selectionPosition _selection)),[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_vector = vectorNormalized (ASLToAGL (getPosASL _bullet) vectorFromTo (player getPos [100,0]));
		};
		sleep 0.5;
	};
"isNil {player getVariable '_isBoxing'} && {(vehicle player) isEqualTo player && currentWeapon player isEqualTo '' && ((getFatigue player) < 0.9)}"
];

It only works on humans and animals for now, but worry not : the next Ravage update will include basic tools for a scripted melee system, it will work on humans, zombies, animals, possibly vehicles and/or any kind of object (use at your own risk).

I've also improved the gore FX on zombie melee hits, and I'm investigating potential improvements to their attacks - especially against vehicles.

awesome i just tested it the other night seems promising. (:

• Like 1

Does the punch animation work on AI? It says "humans" but I didn't know if that meant human players or just human characters.

yep it works with AI-humans I placed a opfor unit unarmed and beat the crap out of him lol it takes a few punches though hopefully we can increase hit damage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tourist said:

@lv1234:

I use this code in my mission "Castaway in Tanoa" to simulate "You are left 4 dead and thrown into the water after being stripped down of your gear!" 

Hide contents

removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

The code goes into a text file named "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" (without the " " ofc!)  within the mission root folder.

Thanks will look into that :)

On 4/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, haleks said:

player addAction ["", {
	0 spawn {
			], cursorTarget];
		};
		sleep 0.5;
	};
];

How would you increase the melee damage? It's a bit low for my taste currently, going against guys with guns it takes like 10 hits.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tourist said:

@lv1234:

Hide contents

removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

hmm the code returns with the error for the forcceadduniform and something with the removeall commands

Are you positive this code works as you had it? So far I'm getting an error relating to the "this" statements

Hey guys so I created a mission on Chernarus Redux using ravage 1.54 then updated to 1.55 when it was released since then most of the AI I have placed fly up into the air then die I thought that it could have been from the Optional RVG-CUP located in the Ravage Folder but I unloaded that and the problem still occurred and I cant seem to figure it out is anyone else having this issue or could it just be the map.

26 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

Hey guys so I created a mission on Chernarus Redux using ravage 1.54 then updated to 1.55 when it was released since then most of the AI I have placed fly up into the air then die I thought that it could have been from the Optional RVG-CUP located in the Ravage Folder but I unloaded that and the problem still occurred and I cant seem to figure it out is anyone else having this issue or could it just be the map.

ok so i reverted back to 1.54 and it still happens so it must not be ravage I keep seeing this error though and only on Chernarus Redux any idea's https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1363493432

Hello everyone. Love this mod, its all i play now since i moved to a Rural area with no internet. :( Sucks but atleast this mod is awesome. 

I was wondering if its possible to increase the Vehicle Patrol car spawns in the Ambient AI. I tried the multiplier at the top with only the Vehicle Patrol on. And nothing. Just made the FPS drop because im assuming it was spawning other things? Idk i shut everything but the Vehicle Patrols off.

Another thing, in earlier versions, the loot module had different sections and what they were. Now its just separated by commas and i have no idea what each of them mean? Clothes/drinks/ammo.. etc they arent defined anymore. Any help on this?

• Like 1

Hey all and thank you, Haleks, for this great mod!

I'm currently trying to build a SP mission with Ravage and try to exclude radiation zones for some regions of importance. I tried the "Safe Zone" with all kinds of different settings. It doesn't seem to work though - it doesn't stop radiation nor does it stop bandits from entering the zone. Is there anything special I'm missing or is there any other possibility to make a radiation free zone?