gotdead

Santa Catalina Island, USA: Terrain

You did a great job GotDead. Hope to see you in the terrain channel on skype sometime soon with all us crazies.

Unfortunately V1.4 seems to crash for me everytime I zoom in at Avalon, in the editor preview.

No other mods loaded.

Error message:

Warning: preNLOD format in object

catalinaobjects\ded_fence_01\fence1_ded_fence01_f.p3d

cheers

Unfortunately V1.4 seems to crash for me everytime I zoom in at Avalon, in the editor preview.

No other mods loaded.

Error message:

Warning: preNLOD format in object

catalinaobjects\ded_fence_01\fence1_ded_fence01_f.p3d

cheers

I get the exact same error. Every time i hit preview i crash to desktop with that error. I am using the 1.4 pw6 version.

I get the exact same error. Every time i hit preview i crash to desktop with that error. I am using the 1.4 pw6 version.

Should be fixed in 1.5 :)

Just downloaded 1.5 version from the first page. 1.5 is already released right?

No problems here

Edited by Nikiforos

Hey, it was a good idea to open a thread, thanks ;)

California looks an awful lot like Greece, so a lot of the vegetation assets from the vanilla game work here. Luckily I am planning on making a new terrain that will also be set in America, and I hope to make it look a lot different from Greece. I am always open to suggestions though.

This island with its new assets is like a whole new game! Absolutely beautiful!! I have a little suggestion too. The houses are a little bit too clean :)

Hey all so i am trying to play this map using Playwith6 and only running this map, NO other mods and every time i try to load it from the editor the game hard crashes to the desktop with the following error.

"Out of memory (requested -336350 KB).

footprint 560791552 KB.

pages 32768 KB.

No clue what it means. and being that I am trying to load only this map with no other mods,... i am not sure where to go from here. I am running v1.5 of the map. Anyone else having this issue.

My machines both laptop and desktop, are plenty powerful enough to run arma 3 with tons of mods usually so i am not sure the issue.

Looking forward to figuring my issue out to check out this awesome looking map.!!

Hey all so i am trying to play this map using Playwith6 and only running this map, NO other mods and every time i try to load it from the editor the game hard crashes to the desktop with the following error.

"Out of memory (requested -336350 KB).

footprint 560791552 KB.

pages 32768 KB.

No clue what it means. and being that I am trying to load only this map with no other mods,... i am not sure where to go from here. I am running v1.5 of the map. Anyone else having this issue.

My machines both laptop and desktop, are plenty powerful enough to run arma 3 with tons of mods usually so i am not sure the issue.

Looking forward to figuring my issue out to check out this awesome looking map.!!

Getting the same error with 1.5.

No other mods loaded, did a reboot of the PC just to be sure, crashed 3 out of 3 times.

Loaded it together with my usual mods, same result.

Game running fine without this mod.

Cheers

This island with its new assets is like a whole new game! Absolutely beautiful!! I have a little suggestion too. The houses are a little bit too clean :)

welcome to America, the houses are that clean.

Getting the same error with 1.5.

No other mods loaded, did a reboot of the PC just to be sure, crashed 3 out of 3 times.

Loaded it together with my usual mods, same result.

Game running fine without this mod.

Cheers

Hrmmm thanks Grumpy Old Man for the reply, at least i know its an issue at least one other is having instead of a unique to my machine issue.

+10 points for "Bank of Freedom" lol

PS: There's a shopping center in Texas that looks VERY similar to the one you made. Excellent job.

Haha thought the same thing. i like the map, but i guess the one thing that bothers me is that the buildings are not current standards. What i mean, is ability to enter them, shoot through windows, etc.. like all the buildings on Altis. I get some of them are, but for some reason it bothers me on maps where some buildings are enter-able, and others are not.

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the work everyone does, just providing my feedback from my POV. Of course you cant please everybody :) Thanks for making this.

Hrmmm thanks Grumpy Old Man for the reply, at least i know its an issue at least one other is having instead of a unique to my machine issue.

Deleted the local content and downloaded it again, still out of memory crash here with no other mods.

Too bad.

Cheers

With the assets pack it doesnt have the master model.cfg with it so i cant seem to pack into a pbo. So make sure people put that in their p:\catalinaobjects directory

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Edited by ob-andy

Thanks for the island. I had a look around, very nice.

There seems to be problem with the PWS release of this. If I install via steam workshop I can open the map in the editor (it complains about a mission texture (arma_home_01)) But with the PWS version I crash with the out of memory error

There seems to be problem with the PWS release of this. If I install via steam workshop I can open the map in the editor (it complains about a mission texture (arma_home_01)) But with the PWS version I crash with the out of memory error

Yeah getting the exact same on two separate computers

My ass is clean.

Looks like assets are missing an rvmat

Home3r_DED_Home3r_01_F.p3d scanning...

p3d: catalinaobjects\DED_Simple_01\Home3r_DED_Home3r_01_F.p3d

missing \p:\catalinaobjects\data\glass_plates.rvmat

Well after a bunch of testing with like 6 people, i can def confirm the PW6 version crashes the game for all of my group. However i did download from the DL links provided and was able to get the map running. I have the missing textures like others have reported, several of those warnings popping up while i was exploring the map. But what i saw of the map was amazing ! Well Done !

Hopefully soon the tex errors, and PW6 version can get fixed. Definitely love your unique buildings and the hardwork you have put into this !!

Edited by Opsixdelta

Cool, looks like one of those 50's nuclear test sites

GotDead tnx for the assets. Will they get patched, how does that work? Maybe you should share the pbo that gets update with you and we use it for other islands? No need to duplicate files like that?