I can host on a Dedicated server if there is enough interest. My group has always enjoyed Warlords and we just ran one using the new Diyala map.

Kind of off-topic, but I just want to say that I appreciate and think it's cool that the BI devs have their own hobby projects for their game.

@target_practice

I have tried unsuccessfully on a few occasions to get a server going, but never a steam group and you're probably right that would help a lot. The real issue though is that I cannot afford to pay for a hosted server, and neither can most people as they average $20-$40 a month for a decent player limit. Hosting off my own box I can only support about 6 players before things become unbearable.

While I don't have any means to host a dedicated server, I have on occasion hosted listens with 20+ players with no real slowdown.

Also to anyone who might be interested, I have so far made about 10 custom Warlords missions.

While I did make largely with my own preferences for gameplay and layout in mind, I can easily adapt them for public use.

They also all use a custom asset list of mine which gives players ability to request basically everything in the game (for their faction). Anyone hosting may or may not want to use this.

Just to reiterate an earlier post, after doing a bit of testing I have confirmed that AI controlled fixed-wings will not taxi or take off.

I'd assume it'll be caused by whatever prevented helicopters from following orders.

Could you perhaps implement a system for teams attacking sectors to withdraw or be repelled?

A way it could work for withdrawing is players on a team can vote for a withdrawal.

In the case of an attack being repelled, a team could be repelled if the ratio of attacking units to defending units has remained below a certain value for a certain period of time.

In both cases, the sector would be deselected and re-locked (unless it was unlocked beforehand).

Hey, I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to sync a flagpole to the Warlords Sector module so that is changes the flag to reflect the owner of the sector.

Not currently. But it´s a very good idea, making a note for the next update. Thanks!

• Like 1

Not currently. But it´s a very good idea, making a note for the next update. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I play a lot of SC and CTI in Arma and it's really helpful to me to have a point of reference for not only ownership of captured sectors, but also knowing where the point of capture is.

Hey I'm working on setting up a standalone server for warlords with RHS - I have it working but would like to tweak the requests list to make the full list of RHS vehicles available. I think I know how to do that but am hoping that somebody has already done exactly that so I could avoid reinventing the wheel.

So does anyone who is still reading this happen to have a comprehensive list of all RHS assets made available to warlords requests list?

Once the server is fully configured I'll post the info here as I very much like this game mode but the lack of public servers is a real downer.

Hey I'm working on setting up a standalone server for warlords with RHS - I have it working but would like to tweak the requests list to make the full list of RHS vehicles available. I think I know how to do that but am hoping that somebody has already done exactly that so I could avoid reinventing the wheel.

So does anyone who is still reading this happen to have a comprehensive list of all RHS assets made available to warlords requests list?

Once the server is fully configured I'll post the info here as I very much like this game mode but the lack of public servers is a real downer.

While I haven't done it yet, I have been planning to compile just a list.

For what it's worth, I've already made a complete asset list for vanilla factions.

• Like 1

While I haven't done it yet, I have been planning to compile just a list.

For what it's worth, I've already made a complete asset list for vanilla factions.

Can I have that as well? I like RHS assets personally but I am wondering if forcing people to download a whole set of assets might make the server a non starter for many new players. I'm kinda hoping that between Apex release and the ongoing steam sale there maybe a lot of new players and Warlords is absolutely outstanding as a way of learning the game and playing with a lot of vehicles and weapons with a very low barrier to entry.

I have the Russian faction all working just need to work out the prices to make them make sense. Kinda off topic but personally I have felt that the Soviet hardware is inferior to the US in game - would it make sense to have it also be cheaper as it's also vastly cheaper in real life? (T90 costs about half as much an Abrams http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/what-america-can-learn-from-russias-cheap-but-deadly-t-1540829820) I was intending to try to price most Soviet armor as slightly cheaper than the US variants.

PS for anyone who just wants to mess around on a basic setup of Warlords RHS  it's up and running vanilla variant right now:

104.192.227.66:2317

• Like 1

I personally think assets should be priced more on tactical value rather than material cost, but its good to take both into account for immersion.

If you do plan on using my asset list though, beware of imbalance; as my only playtesters thus far have been AI and the occasional volunteer.

As such I plan to make fairly frequent tweaks to it, so you'll need to update it occasionally if you plan to use it. (I should also add that, as I can't pack the asset list into an addon without creating another dependancy, the asset list for each mission has to be updated by hand.)

Also, aswell as my asset list:

Also to anyone who might be interested, I have so far made about 10 custom Warlords missions.

While I did make largely with my own preferences for gameplay and layout in mind, I can easily adapt them for public use.

They also all use a custom asset list of mine which gives players ability to request basically everything in the game (for their faction). Anyone hosting may or may not want to use this.

I have a couple more on the drawing board as well.

Server is now up at 104.192.227.66:2317

Vast majority of RHS assets are available. Stratis 16 is loaded so that it's manageable with a few people, but ultimately it's a 40 slot server. Let me know if you run into issues of some kind...

Mordgier, I've sent you a download link to my custom edit of the Warlords Stratis mission using my expanded asset list. If you use it, feel free to send me any suggestions for it.

Brief change log (compared to original version)

• Added custom asset list
  • Added XENO Taru pod script (outdated, might not work. Will update in next version.)
  • Added CH View Distance Script
  • Added Random Weather 2 Script
  • Added an arsenal crate at each team's HQ
  • Added additional vehicle and unit spawns
  • Enabled corpse and wreck cleanup
  • Increased player count from 16 to 20
  • Expanded Military range sector to encompass all of Agia Marina
  • Tweaked sector connections layout
  • Various other minor changes

EDIT: I also have a suggestion about your server. I would personally suggest you start by just using vanilla factions, and if the server becomes popular enough, start a second warlords server using RHS (that or have one server alternate between RHS and vanilla.)

Mordgier, I've sent you a download link to my custom edit of the Warlords Stratis mission using my expanded asset list. If you use it, feel free to send me any suggestions for it.

Brief change log (compared to original version)

• Added custom asset list
  • Added XENO Taru pod script (outdated, might not work. Will update in next version.)
  • Added CH View Distance Script
  • Added Random Weather 2 Script
  • Added an arsenal crate at each team's HQ
  • Added additional vehicle and unit spawns
  • Enabled corpse and wreck cleanup
  • Increased player count from 16 to 20
  • Expanded Military range sector to encompass all of Agia Marina
  • Tweaked sector connections layout
  • Various other minor changes

EDIT: I also have a suggestion about your server. I would personally suggest you start by just using vanilla factions, and if the server becomes popular enough, start a second warlords server using RHS (that or have one server alternate between RHS and vanilla.)

Thanks - really appreciate it and agree on the RHS assets - using your mission - well trying to -"54:05 Missing addons detected: 8:54:05 ace_realisticnames 8:54:05 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_realisticnames 8:54:05 Mission MP_Warlords_02_MODIFIED.Stratis: Missing 'description.ext::Header'"

Anyway installed ACE and it's up now...

That's not supposed to happen, I think I accidentally exported it when ACE was enabled. The only addon that should be required is Warlords.

I've removed the ACE dependency and have also changed a few of the default parameters to ones I feel are more appropriate.

Re-download the mission when you get a chance.

Jezuro, is there any chance you could make a brief guide on how to make a script-based warlords mission, such as the demo mission on the workshop?

I've taken a look at it, and while I get the idea of how it's supposed to work (sectors are marked with game logics whose parameters are defined in an external file) I have been unable to do things such as define custom asset lists or set sector dispositions.

I think would be worthwhile as the addon dependency seems to be a major block that is preventing this gamemode from forming a significant playerbase.

To be honest the demo mission was a one-off from my part and I don't have any plans keeping it up to date with future versions, but you can modify it at will, including the asset list which is located inside the scenario folder. There are simply too many fundamental changes to how the whole system works that rewriting the demo code would take even longer than changes made within the mod.

On a different subject; if you're experiencing game crashes when opening the mission selection dialog and the error says something about missing Warlords include files, you've probably used #include in your custom Warlords scenarios instead of copying the content of cfgMissionParams.hpp. Just make sure you're not including internal Warlords files and you'll be fine.

Edited by Jezuro
  • Like 2

UPDATE: Version 0.98 (Jul 22 2016)

Changelog:
Fixed: Purchased planes would not be usable by the AI

Fixed: Custom loadout items would not be usable if their config used the 'DLC' property
Added: 2 small Tanoa scenarios

• Like 7

Would be nice if these would use the pacific faction. :> Chinese CSAT, Syndikat instead of AAF, etc.

Changelog:

Fixed: Custom loadout items would not be usable if their config used the 'DLC' property

Hi Jezuro, Thanks for another great update. I have a small question I was hoping you could help with.

After reading some scripts in the new revive system i noticed the use of a variable _a0 in an addAction... I am curious as to whether this is shorthand for _this select 0... and whether it is usable elsewhere or if it is specifically for addActions. Sorry if this question seems out of place in this thread but for me you are the most accessible BI Dev! And you made an awesome game mode :)

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Changelog:

YAY !

Hi Jezuro, Thanks for another great update. I have a small question I was hoping you could help with.

After reading some scripts in the new revive system i noticed the use of a variable _a0 in an addAction... I am curious as to whether this is shorthand for _this select 0... and whether it is usable elsewhere or if it is specifically for addActions. Sorry if this question seems out of place in this thread but for me you are the most accessible BI Dev! And you made an awesome game mode :)

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Hello, I think it's just another variable name as any other.