Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

WOW!!!! Simply amazing...

no zombies no anything vulgar like that... but I do got 2 words for you...

think...

MAD.

MAX.

You're feeling it? are ya? 

To be honest I'm feeling rather tired after many years of making this thing

4.04 is available for download from www.ausisland.com i'm off fishing for a week :) 

• Like 1

love the island :) thanks for the update ,   to bad no idea was yet found to the police building problem (OPX middle east style police building showing up instead of yours when loaded with OPX buildings at the same time)

I'll fix the custom building scripts, they're just redundant and will be removed.

Thank you for that, it would be great.

The script errors should no longer come up for 4.04.

Anyway guys that's going to be the last of my contributions, I hope you all enjoy it, catch you all maybe next time.

Features that were not implemented, Shootable glass on all windows, AI pathways for some buildings, and destruction LODS for my buildings. It's now out of my control and also I no longer have the time. (Maybe in summer... maybe...)

• Like 1

Cheers for fixing the Bugs Mattaust....

Take a break :-)

Hahaha take a break, I got an apartment to design by december, as well as to do some drafting.  Far from a break hahaha.

My breaks consist of 3D Modelling for arma :P

Hi
I cannot load savegames on this map. Whenever I try to load a saved game it throws
Unable to load ~~\Usersaved\missions\mission.australia\save1.Arma3Save
I am using other mods, but this is the only map that cannot load savegames.

Besides this problem, the map is lovely!

Mattaust, could you update your steam upload of Australia? I've got people who are running into version conflicts. Server running 4.04 and people with 4.01 are getting kicked off.

Mattaust, could you update your steam upload of Australia? I've got people who are running into version conflicts. Server running 4.04 and people with 4.01 are getting kicked off.

Australia, on playwithsix is not also V1.04.

Tell them to refresh the downloads page as it's probably cached. The total size of V4.04 that mega says is: 980.1 mb.

Is there a way to allow players to connect to a server running AiA and Australia w/out being kicked immediately for not having the right maps loaded? I'd like to at least talk to them in the lobby. I know about verifySignatures, but I only want the kick when they attempt to join the server from the lobby.....Most players are getting kicked for not having australia and aia when the maps are loaded on the server, not for incorrect signatures....

Example: Server is running AiA and Aus...however map rotation has it on Altis, players can join/play w/out any maps/mods activated since it's altis...but when Aus is loaded, they're immediately kicked.  Not for  a wrong key but no map at all....

Make sense?

Version 4.04 is now available on steam

• Like 1

4.04 is available for download from www.ausisland.com i'm off fishing for a week :)

Thanks for the update.   Catch anything worthwhile?

Been a long time since I posted here, probably since the last forum update lol.

Auss, Mattaust, and everyone else who worked on this map since the beginning, I want to say thanks. I've been following this project for a long time - ever since the initial work back in ArmA. I don't doubt for a second it's been a long road for you guys, and I you guys truely deserve a lot of praise for just the sheer amount of work you all have put into it. What you all did with this map is a serious achievement, and I don't think you should let anyone convince you otherwise. It's clear that there has been so much work put into this, as well as lots of hidden effort that was lost when re-porting the map over the different engines and hard drive crashes etc. that you all had to overcome that this was more than just a simple map project.

I'm not sure just how much I can tell you I respect your work, but i will say this; one of the major reasons i bought ArmA 3 in the first place was because of your plans to release this map for it. At some point i wanted to build an epic campaign set on it, but for now i'm just happy to burn around the coast in an RAAF Superhornet. so even for just letting me do that, thank you!

• Like 1

The map is great. We'll test it tomorrow with about 30 people to see if it's stable enough to develop our server on it.

Thank you again for your work and I hope you'll continue to improve your project.

Cool Map. Finally had a chance to download and try it this last weekend. Great job! Are those custom pubs and buildings?

Also noticed a tree in the middle of the road if you drive from the desert and go north. Don't remember the exact location as I'm on a phone and wanted to post quick that we liked the map. Good stuff. Can't wait to explore more during our game nights for the next several months.

Hello, just to give you a feedback.

I started a test server with 20 people.

They all said that the map is great, and perfect for a "life" mod. So i think we'll continue on it.

However they reported 2 problems : 

1) when you're in town, Sydney for example, your logs are continuously spammed with this message :

20:25:21 Error: Vertex shader ID out of limits

20:25:22 Error: Vertex shader ID out of limits

2) when someone opens a door in a building (for example banks) there is a chance that other players around him don't see the door opened.

Maybe it's linked with the distance between the person who opens and the others.

Again, thank you for your work.

Been trying to locate the object/addon that causing that error for a while now, not a major problem but it does fill up the RPT with rubbish. 

Hey aus,love the map,but overall too big for what I want,what are your thoughts on packing Vic and tas as a standalone?

I have zero experience with map creation but that would be the perfect size for me