ketsucorp

KetsuCorp: General Equipment Addon Release (GEAR)

Thank you, that means a lot to us but what do you mean exactly? Please elaborate :)

Sorry, my english... What I meant to say was that your version of the uniforms are, to me, the most accurate, among all the other modders that have released similar content.

Sorry, my english... What I meant to say was that your version of the uniforms are, to me, the most accurate, among all the other modders that have released similar content.

Thank you, there are some great mods out there that our developers really admire as well too. This means a lot to us, thank you.

I have some issues installing this with PW6. Only Core, MARPAT and OCP will install correctly.

The rest of them throws up and generic error message. (check firewall, antivirus, disk space, blablabla...)

Do anyone else get this?

I have some issues installing this with PW6. Only Core, MARPAT and OCP will install correctly.

The rest of them throws up and generic error message. (check firewall, antivirus, disk space, blablabla...)

Do anyone else get this?

We'll have this investigated internally, nothing should have

errors in the uploads. Albeit, we do trust WithSix to provide

data and this could just be an upload error on their part, in

lieu of that we'll contact them directly via PM and request

a data invoice regarding test results while our staff look at

the files themselves deposited during sync. If anyone else's

is fine this could simply be an issue directly with your PWS

but we will attempt to rule it out either way with tests ok?

Kindest regards,

KetsuCorp

Sorry for posting this again, but I think no one read my first request:

Is there any chance that maybe uniforms variations with black/tn/od/... top and multicam/marpat/... pants will be added in the future? Would be cool.

Coyote brown, sage green, tan

Ha-makes sense.Thanks!

Sorry for posting this again, but I think no one read my first request:

Is there any chance that maybe uniforms variations with black/tn/od/... top and multicam/marpat/... pants will be added in the future? Would be cool.

So 50/50 combinations with the base colors on the top and

camo patterns on the bottom is what you mentioned? It is

definitely possible, I wouldn't consider it feasible (yet) but

once we've taken a break from finishing NWU/AOR & BDU's

we may consider this (and also mixing camouflages up too.

So 50/50 combinations with the base colors on the top and

camo patterns on the bottom is what you mentioned? It is

definitely possible, I wouldn't consider it feasible (yet) but

once we've taken a break from finishing NWU/AOR & BDU's

we may consider this (and also mixing camouflages up too.

yes 50/50. I'm glad to hear that!

yes 50/50. I'm glad to hear that!

We'll strongly take it into consideration.

Thank you!

*Assessed and reduced ballistic armor;

DUE TO MARKSMAN UPDATE BALLISTICS

Have you tried them? I'm shocked to find out your vests and helmets provide absolutely NO PROTECTION at all. This can be checked both in Arsenal (in which case the helmets show zero under the armor bar) and by doing actual tests within the game (just shoot one guy in the head with a pistol, wearing any of your helmets, and he's dead 100% of the times, while they will survive in the same proportion when wearing vanilla helmets). Less armor can be open to debate, zero armor is just wrong.

This was not like that before your last update. In fact, this was one of the few gear packs that got the armor right. What happened? Right now, I can't keep using this mod. Please give the items the right armor. You had it before. I got all my units customized using this pack, and this wrong configuration is driving us back to vanilla everything. And it's a shame.

PS: The vests do show some armor in arsenal, but still way below vanilla lite plate carriers for example.

Have you tried them? I'm shocked to find out your vests and helmets provide absolutely NO PROTECTION at all. This can be checked both in Arsenal (in which case the helmets show zero under the armor bar) and by doing actual tests within the game (just shoot one guy in the head with a pistol, wearing any of your helmets, and he's dead 100% of the times, while they will survive in the same proportion when wearing vanilla helmets). Less armor can be open to debate, zero armor is just wrong.

This was not like that before your last update. In fact, this was one of the few gear packs that got the armor right. What happened? Right now, I can't keep using this mod. Please give the items the right armor. You had it before. I got all my units customized using this pack, and this wrong configuration is driving us back to vanilla everything. And it's a shame.

PS: The vests do show some armor in arsenal, but still way below vanilla lite plate carriers for example.

Seba1976,

We felt that the armor protection since the ballistic update

was overwhelmingly too powerful. At a range of 200-800m's

in game, 5.56 would take potentially 8 rounds to neutralize

a friendly, whereas in reality you may survive the first 2-3

rounds before SAPI protection was completely annihilated.

The vanilla protection in the game relies heavily on a sort

of, cross-the-board/one-size-fits-all protection and it for

whatever reason doesn't seem realistic. For instance, the

7.62mm NATO cartridge should essentially destroy target

in armor in two shots or less, yet however in this game it

would seem 3-5 shots is the average (not including if an

OpFor has a weapon infront of his armor during the shot.)

So the question we ask you all (the community included)

is whether or not GEAR should have armor values less or

more than the ArmA III vanilla or whether it should be the

default throughout. We are very keen on supporting any

idea that appeases the community and also with realism.

Thank you.

The problem with trying to fix the problem of unrealistic weapon damage, by lowering the armor values of vests and helmets (and I have to remind you your helmets have zero armor protection right now), is that you're leaving too many things out of the equation, like AI abilities to shoot you in the head, for example. BIS is struggling with that since day zero. My opinion in the matter is that retextured vests and helmets, should simply inherit from the originals. That's what I expect. That's what I prefer. I could be wrong, and I could not represent the majority. If you want to lower the armor values and they work for you after using those values in a firefight against AI opponents, what can I do or say? I really want to use your mod, but I can't right now. It's no fun when 4 players die in the first 5 minutes because the AI headshoot them, and they where wearing helmets that have zero armor values in their configs. It's unfair to BIS, and the players.

I like less armour values in any system, the potential 5-7 hits it takes to bring down units looks incredibly stupid with the little, 'hey you got me' flinch with each hit, it's the worst part of the game.

@Katipo66: Would you like zero armor? And with the current AI, would you like one-shot-kills-you type of game?

Users,

You've brought up great points, and with a bit of research we have begun

to notice modifications providing adjustments to 5.56mm & 7.62mm rounds

in mod formats. Our efforts to provide GEAR to users must also coincide in

the needs of the community, and so our development team have begun to

adjust the values to represent vanilla while also assessing the need for an

adjusted damage system. The following information is from our developers:

To quote: https://www.officerstore.com/images/nijspec2.htm/

NIJ LEVEL I:

This armor protects against .22 caliber Long Rifle Lead Round Nose (LR LRN) bullets with nominal masses of 2.6 g (40 gr) impacting at a minimum velocity of 320 m/s (1050 ft/s) or less and 380 ACP Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets with nominal masses of 6.2 g (95 gr) impacting at a minimum velocity of 312 m/s (1025 ft/s) or less.

NIJ LEVEL IIA:

(Lower Velocity 9mm, .40 S&W). This armor protects against 9mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr) impacting at a minimum velocity of 332 m/s (1090 ft/s) or less and .40 S&W caliber Full Metal Jacketed (FMJ) bullets with nominal masses of 11.7 g (180 gr) impacting at a minimum velocity of 312 m/s (1025 ft/s) or less. It also provides protection against Level I threats. Level IIA body armor is well suited for full-time use by police departments, particularly those seeking protection for their officers from lower velocity .40 S&W and 9mm ammunition.

NIJ LEVEL II:

(Higher Velocity 9mm, .357 Magnum). This armor protects against .357 Magnum jacketed soft-point bullets with nominal masses of 10.2 g (158 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 425 m/s (1,395 ft/s) or less and against 9mm full-jacketed bullets with nominal velocities of 358 m/s (1,175 ft/s). It also protects against most other factory loads in caliber .357 Magnum and 9mm as well as the Level I and IIA threats. Level II body armor is heavier and more bulky than either Levels I or IIA. It is worn full time by officers seeking protection against higher velocity .357 Magnum and 9mm ammunition.

NIJ LEVEL IIIA:

(.44 Magnum; Submachine Gun 9mm). This armor protects against .44 Magnum, Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with nominal masses of 15.55 g (240 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 426 m/s (1,400 ft/s) or less and against 9mm full-metal jacketed bullets with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 426 m/s (1,400 ft/s) or less. It also provides protection against most handgun threats as well as the Level I, IIA, and II threats. Level IIIA body armor provides the highest level of protection currently available from concealable body armor and is generally suitable for routine wear in many situations. However, departments located in hot, humid climates may need to evaluate the use of Level IIIA armor carefully.

NIJ LEVEL III:

(High-powered rifle). This armor, normally of hard or semirigid construction, protects against 7.62mm full-metal jacketed bullets (US military designation M80) with nominal masses of 9.7 g (150 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 838 m/s (2,750 ft/s) or less. It also provides protection against threats such as 223 Remington (5.56mm FMJ), 30 Carbine FMJ, and 12-gauge rifled slug, as well as Level I through IIIA threats. Level III body armor is clearly intended only for tactical situations when the threat warrants such protection, such as barricade confrontations involving sporting rifles.

NIJ LEVEL IV:

(Armor-piercing rifle). This armor protects against .30–06 caliber armor-piercing bullets (US military designation APM2) with nominal masses of 10.8 g (166 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 868 m/s (2,850 ft/s) or less. It also provides at least single-hit protection against the Level I through III threats.

Level IV body armor provides the highest level of protection currently available. Because this armor is intended to resist “armor piercing†bullets, it often uses ceramic materials. Such materials are brittle in nature and may provide only single-shot protection since the ceramic tends to break up when struck. As with Level III armor, Level IV armor is clearly intended only for tactical situations when the threat warrants such protection.

----------------------------------------- TL:DR -----------------------------------------

The problem isn't with the equipment in the game, it is with the lack of the

ability to choose a protective SAPI insert for the vest. Our solution is with

some research to attempt to provide these above listed classnames for the

user to place them into the capacity of the armor for the necessary usage.

This means that with some proper testing, a user can specify a vest and it

can carry some specific code work to modify the players existing armor stat

either higher or lower in value and the object must be something that users

can pack into rucks or vehicles. At present we're researching this but we're

not promising anything except the restoration of the vanilla A3 experiences.

Finally,

We'll be attempting if successful to address the ballistic anomalies from the

armor perspective, the firearm perspective needs to be fixed from a largely

united firearm development perspective. For now, we'll be researching NIJ's

level standard system. And thanks for giving us some food for thoughts, all.

KetsuCorp

@Katipo66: Would you like zero armor? And with the current AI, would you like one-shot-kills-you type of game?

Yes, maybe one or two shot kills... i guess it all depends on what game mode or style of game we might play but in terms of SP against the super armour bots the current implementation is not really working?... the thing is, you can load 5 rounds into a unit and then all of a sudden he'll hit the dirt and still one head shot me, anyway its a shame it couldn't be some sort of config option like armour on/off :D

@KetsuCorp: Thank you sir. And I wish you the best of luck in trying to find another solution for the problem of weapon damage.

@KetsuCorp: Thank you sir. And I wish you the best of luck in trying to find another solution for the problem of weapon damage.

Sirs, plural. I am just a PR Representative for the development team since

the recent section head left. That being said, please discuss the options I

have offered. Essentially I believe that the containing object (a vest) has

the ability to be rewritten when an object is placed into it, much like weight.

Hope that helps clear that up, discuss what you feel would help improve it.

I have 1 problem with this addons, I use it together with RHS & AGM but it seems like causing bugs or something. Because it takes 5 minutes to load into the mission (just stuck on the loading screen). I tried to disable RHS, it was still there but when i disabled the GEAR mod it took me only 30 seconds to load in. Maybe you already know something about this? Because I really love the mod!

I have 1 problem with this addons, I use it together with RHS & AGM but it seems like causing bugs or something. Because it takes 5 minutes to load into the mission (just stuck on the loading screen). I tried to disable RHS, it was still there but when i disabled the GEAR mod it took me only 30 seconds to load in. Maybe you already know something about this? Because I really love the mod!

TheEagleEye,

Be aware that we have an upcoming patch to address the armor issue, and

in the last patch released we isolated requirements of GEARS_CORE to a far

smaller download. The problem is with the immense size of the download, it

is an incredibly diverse modification regarding uniforms and we intend to set

the requirement smaller as we proceed. At current you only need the latest

GEARS_CORE & your chosen camouflages hand picked from ArmAholic or via

MODDB.COM. Please reply regarding when you downloaded this as it is very

likely you have the original version which has an immense amount of classes.

Thank you,

KetsuCorp

I am seeing the poll results now, there is an overwhelming amount of favor for

less armor. I am requesting those that vote explain if GEAR has provided that

level requested or if we need to change, we're distinctly concerned that if we

return to Vanilla armor levels, individuals will find this unappealing. Furthermore

we have begun research on event handlers to make custom insert armor plates.

Please provide feedback, it can be in the form of any number of topics incl.

the default ArmA armor levels, be them negative or positive, experience in

testing the GEAR variations of the last update or whether or not we should

return to vanilla armor values until a time when we can address this entirely.

Many Thanks,

KetsuCorp

P.S. We do want feedback on how the armor levels should be interpreted.

@KetsuCorp

Just a small question regarding loading capacity, will there be changes to adjust them to the other uniforms and vests?

Because right now you can load 5x -15x times more in your uniforms! (speaking about 10x 130rnd 338 in the normal vest)

I´m sorry if this was asked before, couldn´t find anything about this.

@KetsuCorp

Just a small question regarding loading capacity, will there be changes to adjust them to the other uniforms and vests?

Because right now you can load 5x -15x times more in your uniforms! (speaking about 10x 130rnd 338 in the normal vest)

I´m sorry if this was asked before, couldn´t find anything about this.

At present we wish to maintain the highest carrying capacity

leaving teams to work out their realistic factors for themselves

as this way less realism teams can enjoy the experience while

the more disciplined units can take a more conservative avenue.

I hope that clears things up,

KetsuCorp

P.S. We don't believe in holding anybody's hands in game.

Is there any chance that maybe completly new helmet models will be included in the future? Currently I'm using the helmets from RHS, but for example the tan is much more brighter then you're tan and they have no black variants. I know some helmets are included in you're pack, but I don't like vanilla helmets...

http://i.cubeupload.com/mo0go7.png (795 kB) the tan from RHS is brighter

http://i.cubeupload.com/5t2ojD.png (859 kB) OCP is much brighter too

Edited by Tobinator