CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

The scenario doesnt use cup. Some how it inherited in all my saved games. 

i even removed all cup mods and it's still asking for it and the scenario has no dependencies on it.

It's now asking for all CUP addons/pbos every time i load a game.

I freshly save it and when i load it, it wont let me cause it's asking for cup addons. 

That is always the case. Removing addons will break a save game, you have to play with the same addons.

• Like 1

That is always the case. Removing addons will break a save game, you have to play with the same addons.

it shouldnt ask for addons that i havent installed/used when i save a fresh game and try to load it. 

I did a fresh save without cup installed and loaded it and asks me for all the cup addons. 

And when i do have the cup mod loaded it asks for this " cup_weapons_L7a2" addon that i think has been deleted in the recent update and i have the latest update.

You are missing the point that once you load anything from an addon, that mission template will list that addon, even if you delete it.  So in a typical mission editing session where you add/remove/add/remove stuff, you'll have references in the mission sqm file.  You need to remove those via notepad.

• Like 1

it shouldnt ask for addons that i havent installed/used when i save a fresh game and try to load it. 

I did a fresh save without cup installed and loaded it and asks me for all the cup addons. 

And when i do have the cup mod loaded it asks for this " cup_weapons_L7a2" addon that i think has been deleted in the recent update and i have the latest update.

Let me explain that again.

- Any game you save will have dependencies in the mods you have loaded at that time, it does not matter if the mission uses the addons or not.

- A CUP_weapons_L7A2 does not magically appear out of nowhere if you don't have CUP loaded.

- Nor will it appear if you save a game with the latest CUP.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

I'm only using CUP:

I can't attach (not available) the CUP optics on the M-14 (for example, I'd like to attach a CCO optic - but it's ain't available)

Hi guys.

I'm only using CUP:

I can't attach (not available) the CUP optics on the M-14 (for example, I'd like to attach a CCO optic - but it's ain't available)

Please make a ticket on the tracker. Thank you.

You are missing the point that once you load anything from an addon, that mission template will list that addon, even if you delete it.  So in a typical mission editing session where you add/remove/add/remove stuff, you'll have references in the mission sqm file.  You need to remove those via notepad.

im not mission editing im playing a scenario from worskshop. it doesnt require the CUP mod. 

I unloaded the cup mod and made a fresh save game and it asks all the cup pbos, Even games i havent ever opened with cup mods loaded.

In any mission i play without the cup mod loaded, i save a game and it wont load. It either asks for the cup mod or if i do have cup loaded it asks the missing  "cup_weapons_L7a2" pbo.

I thought if you have missing addons from a mission it shouldnt start from the begining. 

Let me explain that again.

- Any game you save will have dependencies in the mods you have loaded at that time, it does not matter if the mission uses the addons or not.

- A CUP_weapons_L7A2 does not magically appear out of nowhere if you don't have CUP loaded.

- Nor will it appear if you save a game with the latest CUP.

As i said i don't have the cup mod loaded when i open the scenario and save a game. When i try to load it, it asks for the cup mod and it doesn't work. How could it inherit missing addons when it's not even loaded in the first place.

As i said i don't have the cup mod loaded when i open the scenario and save a game. When i try to load it, it asks for the cup mod and it doesn't work. How could it inherit missing addons when it's not even loaded in the first place.

It can't. It's impossible that you get a dependency on an addon that isn't even loaded. You probably have the dependency elsewhere. Are you loading any other addons?

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

All good I figured it out I think. I tried it out once then it worked.

Another addon 'trixie' was using cup as a dependancy.

I think when cup weapons updated recently it messed up the config of the old addon and caused it.

Since its regarding a cup machine gun that got repackaged with other machine guns I believe it was it.

I think it's the way other addons are coded in the config using a dependency.

I would've had a look at the cup config but it's binarized.

All good and at least I can use cup again.

Just curious if you guys figured out how to get females into Arma 3? I know CUP plans for all stuff from previous games, but I believe I read a long time ago that it is impossible to get them in the new engine?

• Like 1

Just curious if you guys figured out how to get females into Arma 3? I know CUP plans for all stuff from previous games, but I believe I read a long time ago that it is impossible to get them in the new engine?

It's not impossible, just a lot of work.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find the LHD anywhere in the editor. Where should it be? The NZ frigate is there, but not the LHD...?

It's under empty > structures > seaport (or boats, dont remember exactly right now).

Hey guys any plans to try to port the Arma 2 YUP UH60's? As I remember those were so cool to fly around and RHS has okay blackhawks but the YUP's were so much better and detailed, any plans for these or is impossible?

Hey guys any plans to try to port the Arma 2 YUP UH60's? As I remember those were so cool to fly around and RHS has okay blackhawks but the YUP's were so much better and detailed, any plans for these or is impossible?

No plans since we don't have them. We need permission from an author to port them.

• Like 1

Sadly not going to happen since they are part of VBS.

When I try to spawn the RHIB at the winch on the LHD carrier it gets deleted and I get this error:  "DEBUG: Invalid Vehicle Token, deleted 7a6b8100# 1730798: cup_rhib_gunboat.p3d REMOTE"

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

You guys know the SU-25T and TM in game are not a SU-25T and TM's? They're just regular SU-25

The two planes look quite different 

SU-25

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiN6cCexY7OAhUoBMAKHagzCzEQjBwIBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamingshogun.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FSu-25-1.png&psig=AFQjCNGkTXBP2Kyw1eyYgQusz-j91RGlog&ust=1469533544607266

SU-25T and TN (The TM uses the same face lift as the T but without the TV)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Su-25T5.jpg 

The SU-25T is smaller in length and has a more rounded shape whereas the SU-25 is flat and long, and the SU-25T's cockpit is completely reworked with a Shival TV system built in. 

You guys know the SU-25T and TM in game are not a SU-25T and TM's? They're just regular SU-25

The two planes look quite different 

SU-25

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiN6cCexY7OAhUoBMAKHagzCzEQjBwIBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamingshogun.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FSu-25-1.png&psig=AFQjCNGkTXBP2Kyw1eyYgQusz-j91RGlog&ust=1469533544607266

SU-25T and TN (The TM uses the same face lift as the T but without the TV)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Su-25T5.jpg 

The SU-25T is smaller in length and has a more rounded shape whereas the SU-25 is flat and long, and the SU-25T's cockpit is completely reworked with a Shival TV system built in. 

Yes, in A2 they were named like that none the less.

• Like 1

Hi CUP

I wanted to ask if the damage values of the armor are tuned correctly, I tested the T-72 (Takistani Army specifically, but I assume they are all the same) against various vehicles and found that it can one-shot pretty much any tank out there, including the Slammer and T-100. The Slammer's a Merkava, and should be more robust when coming up against these vintage tanks. I understand if this is deliberate to transfer the vehicles 1:1 from the old games, but in the context of the new one it seems to be a tad overpowered. It is very unforgiving. The T-72s also take 2 hits, sometimes 3 from the Merkava in my testing, winning 1 on 1 fights pretty much all the time because they can take a hit without blowing up.

I've just started testing around a little, but this seemed odd to me, so I thought I'd ask.

Thx for your efforts, I'm enjoying everything a lot!

Hello friends...

CUP is making progress in implementing more Arma 3 features. For example the avaliability of weapons and items in 3DEN's props section including preview pictures. Note that not even vanilla weapons have this feature yet ;)
Avaliable with next CUPdate (not date set yet...).

https://youtu.be/VXSHEuzMcvk

• Like 5

Hi CUP

I wanted to ask if the damage values of the armor are tuned correctly, I tested the T-72 (Takistani Army specifically, but I assume they are all the same) against various vehicles and found that it can one-shot pretty much any tank out there, including the Slammer and T-100. The Slammer's a Merkava, and should be more robust when coming up against these vintage tanks. I understand if this is deliberate to transfer the vehicles 1:1 from the old games, but in the context of the new one it seems to be a tad overpowered. It is very unforgiving. The T-72s also take 2 hits, sometimes 3 from the Merkava in my testing, winning 1 on 1 fights pretty much all the time because they can take a hit without blowing up.

I've just started testing around a little, but this seemed odd to me, so I thought I'd ask.

Thx for your efforts, I'm enjoying everything a lot!

Armor values overhaul has been in the backlog for a while, we'll get there eventually.

• Like 1