Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen DLC First Look Livestream

Has anyone found those

Added: Shooting Mat

Added: Shot Timer

Added: Bullet Trap

Added: Air Horn

yet?

All part of an upcoming new ballistic model, wind, and mil turret tutorial right guys ?

Well one could always wish.

Has anyone found those

Added: Shooting Mat

Added: Shot Timer

Added: Bullet Trap

Added: Air Horn

yet?

They're under "Objects (Small)"

Man that Cyrus is beast mode against AI at close to med range :D

Added: Remote Designator NATO / CSAT and backpacks*

This is what I'm most intersted in..... What is it? (Can't check cuz on work)

Added: Remote Designator NATO / CSAT and backpacks*

This is what I'm most intersted in..... What is it? (Can't check cuz on work)

Imagine a SOFLAM that could be operated remotely via the UAV Terminal. ;)

i have to admit the Navid and SMPG are the very addition to the game than other rifles, are very well made

As me and 12thMonkey talked in the RHS stream, it's possible (if you set the key bindings) to raise and lower the remote SOFLAM.

As me and 12thMonkey talked in the RHS stream, it's possible (if you set the key bindings) to raise and lower the remote SOFLAM.

That's sick. Hide it in some kind of tube, and raise it when you need it, lower it to remain hidden. Oooo, wasteland is going to be so fun.

Yup agreed.

The 2 new Machineguns are great additions though I am not sure why they are getting suppressors but thats fine I guess.

As for the actual rifles Meh the subsonic .50 cal rifle is nice but the rest of the rifles I feel do not add to what is already available in the game already they are simply just filling the same roles already well developed in game.

Yup agreed.

The 2 new Machineguns are great additions though I am not sure why they are getting suppressors but thats fine I guess.

As for the actual rifles Meh the subsonic .50 cal rifle is nice but the rest of the rifles I feel do not add to what is already available in the game already they are simply just filling the same roles already well developed in game.

Not quite. Long ago i requested a lighter alternative for the Sniper class. As it stands, you either haul around a heavy arse Sniper rifle, or take a super light, but not as potent 7.62 rifle. Granted, it can do the same job, but if your targets are well armored, you're going to have to nail them a goo 3 times before they go down. However, now that .338 Lapua, and the 9.3mm Brenneke rounds are introduced, .338 being Lapua Magnum, and capable of being usable in a light rifle, it gives the opportunity to carry Anti Material rounds with less weight as an Anti Material .50 cal. This means traveling faster, more efficiently. This men being able to get to the target, and taking them out better than you would with 7.62, or 12.7, which is good for light Marksman.

So all in all, the Marksman DLC provides versatility.

@ gibonez: Now an entire rifle squad can go suppressed! :p And to add to what DarkSideSixOfficial said, the new rounds besides 12.7 x 54 mm fill in a "caliber gap" between 7.62 x 51 mm and .408 CheyTac... which, by the way, would be 10.4 x 77 mm.

Oh, and in the Mk14's case it's explicitly stated to be in for "the antique rifle" role -- though Jay Crowe admitted that the devs had considered bringing in the Dragunov for that.

@ gibonez: Now an entire rifle squad can go suppressed! :p And to add to what DarkSideSixOfficial said, the new rounds besides 12.7 x 54 mm fill in a "caliber gap" between 7.62 x 51 mm and .408 CheyTac... which, by the way, would be 10.4 x 77 mm.

Oh, and in the Mk14's case it's explicitly stated to be in for "the antique rifle" role -- though Jay Crowe admitted that the devs had considered bringing in the Dragunov for that.

Well the Mk14 also makes sense in the Arma-verse as the Mk18 ABR is an advanced derivative from the old Mk14 so it makes sense that the FIA managed to get their hands on surplus Mk14's that the AAF may have had lying around.

After a bit of thinking on the subject, and CSAT previously making use of the Mk18 ABR as well before it was replaced with the Rahim... in lieu of an official explanation from BI my "headcanon" is that the TRG-2x series and Mk14s were utilized by the old government (overthrown in the 2026 Kavala coup d'etat) while the current-as-of-Bootcamp government (that the AAF is aligned with) procured the Mk20 series and Mk18 ABR through its international connections.

After a bit of thinking on the subject, and CSAT previously making use of the Mk18 ABR as well before it was replaced with the Rahim... in lieu of an official explanation from BI my "headcanon" is that the TRG-2x series and Mk14s were utilized by the old government (overthrown in the 2026 Kavala coup d'etat) while the current-as-of-Bootcamp government (that the AAF is aligned with) procured the Mk20 series and Mk18 ABR through its international connections.

I'm curious though as to why any rational government would abandon a newer more versatile rifle (TRG-21/Tavor) in favour of an older weapon (Mk20/F2000)?

I'm curious though as to why any rational government would abandon a newer more versatile rifle (TRG-21/Tavor) in favour of an older weapon (Mk20/F2000)?

FNH opens a new factory in your country if you give them a military contract.

You're assuming that a government would be "rational" if that were defined by prioritizing weapon versatility and age over all other considerations...
FNH opens a new factory in your country if you give them a military contract.
Alternately (considering that Arma 3 is the first official appearance for both rifle series) maybe Armaverse!FNH was more willing to play ball regarding the intellectual property rights than Armaverse!IMI was?

For the Mk20 series, it could have also been a case of patronage, it may have been "an offer that the AAF couldn't refuse" from an international partner to the AAF's affiliated government, or there may have simply been a compete with Razor6014's explanation factoring into the selection (new factory = probable new jobs = hoped-for stability to dampen the FIA).

I have also considered the possibility that the TRG-2x series was actually supplied from outside Altis & Stratis instead of being the prior government's service rifle, though I imagine that presumable pressure on suppliers by the government's international partner(s) makes this unlikely to be coming from "legal" suppliers. (In real life Tavors are also produced under license outside of Israel, though perhaps none of the Armaverse's license holders or IMI were able to guarantee a new factory.)

I don't know about you guys, but going by real life references, i would pick the F-2000 over the Tavor ANY day. not only is it more sexy, but it's far more reliable, the only downside, being it's EXPENSIVE as hell, and harder to maintain.

I don't know about you guys, but going by real life references, i would pick the F-2000 over the Tavor ANY day. not only is it more sexy, but it's far more reliable, the only downside, being it's EXPENSIVE as hell, and harder to maintain.

another way to put it :

fn200 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwRAopovKU

tavor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxCuDtQW3nw

I don't know about you guys, but going by real life references, i would pick the F-2000 over the Tavor ANY day. not only is it more sexy...

Yeah we all know the sexier the gun the better it performs. Just like with cars, the more high performance stickers you put all over it, the faster it goes.

Or here's my way of looking at it.

If I got another Indy faction armed with surplus M16A2s again I'd rip my luxurious hair out.

If you take Altis as a nation, compare it to Ireland. We had a choice of cheaper surplus M16's Vs the slightly more expensive AUG. We went with the AUG since we got a deal cut plus it suited our troops better for the types of vehicles we used/use. The same arguement could be applied here. It ain't just about cost.