toadball

Altis Forces Rearmed - Releases

Really looking forward to any updates Toadball, especially the Warrior upgrade. My unit has been looking forward to an upgraded version for a while. 

Thanks for the input an optional config shouldn't be to much trouble

I love this mod, do you plan on getting rid of all the vanilla AAF vehicle camo's , the digital camo on vehicles never seemed practical to me.

I would like to do so in the near future as, config wise, it's an easy job but currently getting art assets is easier said than done.

I hear what you're saying, keep up the great work and I'm really looking forward to what you have planned down the road.

Is this mod dead? Not heard anything in a while and the vests need an update to the new protection system.

I'm not dead persay, I have however been away from ArmA longer than I'd hoped.
I had planned on putting an update out per my last post however, a move to SSD with some poorly thought out migration of my ArmA stuff meant how I build the addons got messed up and I've since not had time to put a public release together.

I've been made aware of the vest issue with the latest ArmA patch and I think I've fixed that in my last build.

I'm not going to give an eta for the next update though rest assured there will be one "Soon".

• Like 3

Thanks for the update Toadball, nice to hear you haven't departed us... Looking forward to "Soon.

I'm not dead persay, I have however been away from ArmA longer than I'd hoped.

I had planned on putting an update out per my last post however, a move to SSD with some poorly thought out migration of my ArmA stuff meant how I build the addons got messed up and I've since not had time to put a public release together.

I've been made aware of the vest issue with the latest ArmA patch and I think I've fixed that in my last build.

I'm not going to give an eta for the next update though rest assured there will be one "Soon".

Fantastic ToadBall. This is a wonderful addition to ArmA 3. I love using it.

I can't believe I've only just discovered this mod. It really is quite something. However if I may suggest something it is to have the Pandur II as the main IFV/APC of the Altis Forces. I can't imagine the AAF which I imagine is a small cost efficient force to use tracked vehicles over more fuel efficient wheeled counterparts. Just a small observation but it really is beautifully done!

I would like to know the faction names for ALIVE. Where do I find them for this particular mod?

I've been getting a /author error ever since the update when using the mod since the latest update, any solutions?

I've been getting a /author error ever since the update when using the mod since the latest update, any solutions?

This mod hasn't been updated yet to take those changes into effect. Until an update occurs from the author, you will continue to get them.

Despite all appearances, I'm not dead yet! APEX has given me a bit of motivation to work on old things*.

As there's quite a few things to patch since I last updated I'll be putting the component parts out as "hot-fixes" until I can collate them into a latest working version.
This should hopefully mean those of you using these addons can get fixed versions as soon as I have them ready.

A couple of things to note:
Some bugs with the vehicles have been brought to my attention, these will probably need some extensive "looking at" so they'll take a while longer than the rest, sorry!

While I appreciate some people may not have purchased the APEX DLC just yet, I will be using some components of the weapons at least in newer versions of the mod.
I would greatly appreciate anyone who does use the mod who encounters issues preventing them using any ALFR content following hot fixing let me know and I will look into the problem.
While I don't think twice about picking up BI's latest releases for ArmA I understand some do, and I don't want them to be unable to use this content because of it.

The order of fixes looks like it will be:

• Units & the rumoured basic replacement addon.
  • Weapons
  • Ground/Wheeled vehicles
  • Air vehicles

I anticipate being able to release the unit's fix by the end of this week shortly followed by the weapons.

As always, if you've found a bug let me know and I'll add it to the list I have, there's been a couple I missed that have only just been brought to my attention, so let me know regardless of how obvious it is.

*bit of a porky pie, just been getting bored with various other things that have drawn my attention of late!

• Like 4

Well, issues that could be considered are as follows:

Land Rovers are a bit too nippy right now, they remind me a bit of Royal Marines driving ambulances

1Btn riflemen could be issued with a 24-48 hour kitbag instead of a carryall which would be impractical in combat

2Btn could be issued with the Pandur as a standard APC, the Warrior requires more logistical support and is much more expensive to operate compared to the Pandur (maybe a British style Mechanized Infantry with the Pandur and a smaller Armored Infantry company to support independent armored ops?)

These could be considered if you want but I believe it would help with the authenticity if applied

Lore wise I would be happy to maybe add my interpretation of the AAF if you might be interested

I would propose a 3 battalion force to potentially have a brigade strength unit on foreign deployments, this would allow for 1 battalion for training in Stratis, 1 in Alis performing garrison/ ceremonial duties and 1 on deployment elsewhere/ 

1 Bn Deployment Readiness Group and 2 Bn Mechanized Combat  would have the same ORBAT but could be renamed 1 Bn Rapid Response Group/ Reaction group (The Rifles)  and 2 Bn Mechanized Infantry Group (Hippeis) with pure/mostly regular forces

Added would be 3 Bn Infantry Group (The Fusiliers), a force similar to 1 Bn and with similar equipment but composed primarily of reserves (maybe only the HQ company and 1 company are regular with 2 as reserves?), they could form a source of boots on the ground during company or battalion size deployments overseas and would form the additional manpower for a Brigade size force in wartime scenarios freeing up regulars and allowing for a source of combat casualty replacements in a peacekeeping/insurgency scenario

Support, engineering and signals companies would have to be reinforced to 4-5 platoons to be able to cope with the additional battalion though

Possible deployment scenarios:

Peacekeeping/ foreign counter insurgency op-1 Bn on active 6 month rotation through its companies with 2 Bn providing mechanized/ armored support as required. 3 Bn providing combat casualty replacements. Remainder of 2 and 3 Bn on training, garrison and reserve duties in Altis and Stratis.

Direct defense of Altis- 1 and 3 Bn provide initial 24-48 hour response, 2 Bn form brigade reserve. In any counteroffensive 2 Bn provides the main offensive thrust with optional support from 1 Bn and AAC

NATO deployment (if AAF is in NATO)- 1 Bn forms part of NATO Response Force and deploys as initial force, 2 Bn follows on within 72 hours with 3 Bn in reserve in Altis ready for casualty replacements, strategic reserve and defense of Altis. 

I would happily assist in changing the Orbat if you want to follow my proposal

Altis Forces Rearmed (APEX Hotfix 1)

Changelog:
Added: Optional replacement config in tb_alfr_replaceBI.pbo
Added: Optional RHS, ACE, and RHS+ACE mags compatibility addon.
Fixed: author config entry errors on all included addons.
Fixed: Mk21 UGL Sight rotation.
Changed: Mk21 Inherits from Spar 16 base class. Better sounds and more appropriate character reload animations.
Changed: Mk23/24 Inherits from LIM-85 base class. Better sounds and more appropriate character reload animations, weapon reload animations adjusted to fit.

Download ALFR APEX HOTFIX 1
Required: Community Base Addons

The RBS-70 and vehicles are to follow as soon as I can give them a proper work over.

• Like 1

Land Rovers are a bit too nippy right now, they remind me a bit of Royal Marines driving ambulances

Thanks, one of the bugs recently brought to my attention.

This is being looked into as part of the hotfixes. In the mean time enjoy the Landrover GT.

As for infantry kit, I will not likely be changing the units as they currently are unless mechanically necessary. 

Mission makers have numerous tools available to them to customise kits en mass to suit their requirements.

With regards to fluff contributions, PM me your preferred e-mail address for Google Drive/Docs and I will give you suggestion permissions to a working copy of the document linked in the OP.

• Like 1

probably i am still not awake  

but do i need to update the files in the original mod  or do i need to remove the old files and install it as a new mod ? 

If you have the mod already installed, just overwrite the appropriate files in your mod folder with those in the download.
However, you will probably still have errors associated with tb_alfr_wheeled.pbo, tb_alfr_air.pbo, and tb_alfr_tbs70.pbo (Hence them not being included in this release)

Vehicles & RBS70 are just about done, looking at releasing on Monday at earliest, Wednesday at the latest.

After hotfix release I am going to begin looking at fixing longer standing bugs and introducing VIV Transport where appropriate.
Current thoughts on VIV for the chinook: 3 Variants, All infantry, 50% infantry load w/ vehicle space(12 seats + vehicle), and no infantry space only vehicle transport.
Suggestions welcome.

Edit: as I neglected to mention in the hotfix 1 release:
ALFR 200rnd 5.56mm box magazine classes are depreciated with APEX release. These will no longer be compatible with Mk 23 weapon. Use BI 200rnd boxes instead. 

• Like 1

Just as a heads up, the version that Foxhound threw up on Armaholic is only the hotfix -- it's now missing the main download.  I had to raid your Dropbox bandwidth for the full copy. =)

Yeah that was intended, in order to save some faffing about.
Updated the mod to v1.5, all vehicles are fixed. The rockets and bombs variant of the buzzard had to go unfortunately.
However, landrover improvements and the chinook is back. Vehicle in Vehicle transport still to be sorted it'll come.

14-08-2016:

v1.5
Added: Optional replacement config in tb_alfr_replaceBI.pbo
Added: Optional RHS, ACE, and RHS+ACE mags compatibility addon.
Fixed: author config entry errors on all included addons.
Fixed: Mk21 UGL Sight rotation.
Changed: Mk21 Inherits from Spar 16 base class. Better sounds and more appropriate character reload animations.
Changed: Mk23/24 Inherits from LIM-85 base class. Better sounds and more appropriate character reload animations, weapon reload animations adjusted to fit.
Changed/Fixed: Engine rework of all Landrovers.
Changed: Landrover Sounds, attenuation and compartment positioning.
Changed: Reworked Landrover headlights.

Depreciated magazine classes no longer compatible with ALFR Weapons:
tb_200Rnd_556x45_box
tb_200Rnd_556x45_box_tracer_yellow
tb_200Rnd_556x45_box_tracer_red
tb_200Rnd_556x45_box_tracer_green
Use new BI equivalents/alternatives.

Download Current ALFR Release (v1.5)
Required: Community Base Addons

• Like 1

Wonder if anybody are having issues switching to secondary weapons with the mod?