So not sure if this is would be considered a bug out not, considering the mod, but I figured I'd let you know anyway. I decided to play the campaign, and noticed that I was put as squad lead automatically, even when I was supposed to be subordinate to one of the story characters. In this case, SSG Adams in the beginning, he'd run to his first waypoint and stop, waiting for orders. Unloaded C2, worked flawlessly. I haven't gotten to where you command a squad yet, but I plan on turning it back on and seeing how it goes.

Arty module or something planned for this?  Love to be able to airlift in a C-ram gun and tell it to watch a specific heading....

So not sure if this is would be considered a bug out not, considering the mod, but I figured I'd let you know anyway. I decided to play the campaign, and noticed that I was put as squad lead automatically, even when I was supposed to be subordinate to one of the story characters. In this case, SSG Adams in the beginning, he'd run to his first waypoint and stop, waiting for orders. Unloaded C2, worked flawlessly. I haven't gotten to where you command a squad yet, but I plan on turning it back on and seeing how it goes.

That is a bug indeed, thanks for reporting. I ran into it before but forgot about it. It's due to your unit being switched between groups and there's a bug that selects you as the leader. Will fix that last minute before the update :)

Arty module or something planned for this?  Love to be able to airlift in a C-ram gun and tell it to watch a specific heading....

To be honest I don't see why it would be better to access the available supports via C2. It's not a thing that one uses all the time and the only benefit would be to select the support via a mouse menu vs the key-combos. The more interesting part here is getting the AI to Airlift things, but that sounds like the kind of headache that I would like to postpone into the distant future. Sounds cool though!

I am quite the happy bird these days. The next update is 99% finished. I don't want to promise too much but I think it contains the best work I have ever done.  :292:

• Like 2

VERSION 1.4 IS OUT NOW! I hope you enjoy!

Changelog:

- Milestone: Hud mode indicators now snap to any surface. Buildings can use positions inside and outside (aim low for outside positions).

- Added: Planning tablet now handles unlimited units via pages

- Added: Units can be dragged on TeamColor buttons in planning tablet. Hold CTRL to drag multiple units.

- Added: Running orders for HUD mode. Forward Peel: CTRL+SHIFT+RMB. Backward "Aussie" Peel:  CTRL+ALT+RMB . Can be overridden

- Tweaked: HUD mode indicators were improved and now demonstrate unit orientation

- Tweaked: Supression indicator snaps to any position of surface intersect, rendering mousewheel height obsolete

- Tweaked: TeamColor buttons system was overhauled and now work in the same fashion as it does in the radial menu.

- Tweaked: Tablet Tracker groups now receive correct group icons. Size is still reflected visually.

- Tweaked: TeamColor buttons in planning tablet made bigger for better access

- Fixed: 3D-Indicators are now removed if player gets killed

- Fixed: Action menu disabled while positioning supression indicator

- Fixed: F-Keys unit selection in Planning Tablet work again

- Fixed: CTRL+SHIFT+F# to select units 11-20 in HUD mode works again

- Fixed: Player no longer falsely takes command over a group he was joined into.

- Manual updated

D O W N L O A D:

S T E A M :

Steam_zpsin23iios.png

A R M A H O L I C :

news_download_a3_3.png

M E D I A F I R E :

mediafire100.png

W I T H S I X:

banner-420x120.png

REQUIREMENTS:

CBA_A3

Ps: @Kecharles28, thanks a lot for the lightning quick update, may I note that it's actually version 1.4 :) I need to work out my withSix profile asap.

• Like 3

Looks great MC -unfortunately doesn't seem to mesh with Dev Branch as it keeps CTD'ing.

EDIT: NM, something else is causing it with todays update but it happened without C2 loaded -false alarm. It happened repeatedly with all the other mods deleted except C2 and CBA so I assumed it was C2 -but now it looks to be CBA..

Thanks for the update - another must have mod!

/KC

@MAD_CHEESE,  Thank you for the updates and development of this mod. I have a question about the video. when you were throwing smoke there were lil white dots to indicate the path of the smoke.. Is that a part of the mod.. As i have seen it before, In dyslexi's grenade handling script that has yet to be released... (oh arma gods how i would love him to release that script/mod)

Is that something seperate or a part of C&C2

1.4 is a great update — thanks!

I think I've spotted two bugs with 1.4 on Stable branch. 1) For some reason (and I haven't figured out how to duplicate this), using fire teams in planning mode can cause the teams to change colour. So, for example, I'll tell team red to move and all of a sudden they get switched to team yellow. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happened a few times while I was playing a mission. I wonder if it's related to the new drag-to-team function?

2) If you have a unit fly a heli and order that unit to disembark and regroup after you land, he won't return to formation. He just kneels outside the heli. If you go into the tablet, select him, disband from group, then click rejoin group, he becomes the group leader and you can no longer access C2.

@MAD_CHEESE,  Thank you for the updates and development of this mod. I have a question about the video. when you were throwing smoke there were lil white dots to indicate the path of the smoke.. Is that a part of the mod.. As i have seen it before, In dyslexi's grenade handling script that has yet to be released... (oh arma gods how i would love him to release that script/mod)

Is that something seperate or a part of C&C2

It is a part of C2, but originally comes from the get tactical mod.

I see you on the Aussie Peel Mad Cheese! Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

- Milestone: Hud mode indicators now snap to any surface. Buildings can use positions inside and outside (aim low for outside positions).

- Tweaked: HUD mode indicators were improved and now demonstrate unit orientation

- Tweaked: Supression indicator snaps to any position of surface intersect, rendering mousewheel height obsolete

- Fixed: Action menu disabled while positioning supression indicator

Mother of god...

Playing around with 1.4 today and have some suggestions. Would be nice to have an option to spawn in a AI helicopter of your choice and have it join your squad so you can get transport in any mission you DL instead of unpacking them and add one manually.

This since most user made missions don't add a heli to your squad. Maybe spawn it high and far away from the player and then send a message that it is available. Another thing that would be nice is a  paradrop WP  in the drop down list that makes the heli ascend to a safe jump height so your squad can parachute in.

Keep up your great work!

/KC

1.4 is a great update — thanks!

I think I've spotted two bugs with 1.4 on Stable branch. 1) For some reason (and I haven't figured out how to duplicate this), using fire teams in planning mode can cause the teams to change colour. So, for example, I'll tell team red to move and all of a sudden they get switched to team yellow. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happened a few times while I was playing a mission. I wonder if it's related to the new drag-to-team function?

2) If you have a unit fly a heli and order that unit to disembark and regroup after you land, he won't return to formation. He just kneels outside the heli. If you go into the tablet, select him, disband from group, then click rejoin group, he becomes the group leader and you can no longer access C2.

1) dayummm. I was sure I fixed that one. Will look into it. A weird sounding temporary fix might be to hover over the color buttons slowly, in other words make sure you hit the blanks in between the color buttons, but that's just a wild guess.

2). also will look into that. Was he in between waypoints or fully landed when you ordered him to disembark?

It is a part of C2, but originally comes from the get tactical mod.

beat me to it, that's exactly right. credits: Zapat!

I see you on the Aussie Peel Mad Cheese! Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

dedicated to you my friend. it's a good idea and I have never seen a man so passionate about any kind of peel!

Playing around with 1.4 today and have some suggestions. Would be nice to have an option to spawn in a AI helicopter of your choice and have it join your squad so you can get transport in any mission you DL instead of unpacking them and add one manually.

I hear that but it presents a bit of a problem in MP. I'd like to keep it open to whatever challenges a mission may bring.. if I can spawn a chopper on demand, I know I will be the first to abuse it when I'm not supposed to have a chopper. i have an idea though :)

Hi Mad Cheese,

great mod, really is a must have for me, 'specially in Warfare!

Only problem I encountered so far is when commanding a vehicle as the commander, instead of moving the vehicle, the driver gets out and starts running to the designated waypoints (which were designated with held ALT key).

Is there a way to get around that?

Cheers

Crusader

1) dayummm. I was sure I fixed that one. Will look into it. A weird sounding temporary fix might be to hover over the color buttons slowly, in other words make sure you hit the blanks in between the color buttons, but that's just a wild guess.

2). also will look into that. Was he in between waypoints or fully landed when you ordered him to disembark?

Re #2: We had fully landed. The rest of us were forced out of the heli and he remained in the pilot seat, so I ordered him to disembark and then regroup.

great mod, really is a must have for me, 'specially in Warfare!

Only problem I encountered so far is when commanding a vehicle as the commander, instead of moving the vehicle, the driver gets out and starts running to the designated waypoints (which were designated with held ALT key).

Is there a way to get around that?

Unfortunately not in 1.4 but I fixed it just now. I thought it was an arma bug but turns out I had to make an adjustment to the commands. I'll put out a new patch soon!

Re #2: We had fully landed. The rest of us were forced out of the heli and he remained in the pilot seat, so I ordered him to disembark and then regroup.

Hmm. I tried it, had the same issue,but then I was not able to recreate it in the editor. I'll look into it more.

Unfortunately not in 1.4 but I fixed it just now. I thought it was an arma bug but turns out I had to make an adjustment to the commands. I'll put out a new patch soon!

Hmm. I tried it, had the same issue,but then I was not able to recreate it in the editor. I'll look into it more.

Great!

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Crusader

Been lovin this mod

With your addition of unlimited team members, will you be adding a formation selector in the planing tablet?

Been lovin this mod

With your addition of unlimited team members, will you be adding a formation selector in the planing tablet?

Yeah, right now it's only line, but somewhat flexible at least.

I've been thinking about it, it's problematic though. I made 3 attempts to explain and deleted them, but it's really not that important. In short, the sizes of map-objects and their corresponding markers are extremely off. Which I thought about opening a ticket for, but then it came to me that I have no argument other than 'hey you guys I want this for my addon lol thx' so I just sucked it up :D

There's stuff floating in my melon, hopefully one day I'll think of a workaround. However, a 'draw formation' function is something I'd still really like to have and most likely the next step with formations.

Love your mod -  Thanks for all your work -

Request?  Is there anyway you could make a command for one (or two, three) of your guys to follow you (even into buildings) say 1 meter back (or 2).   As you can within your planning phase, you can get 2,3 guys to enter a building together. 

But AI won't do this when following you (in SP) into a bldg. They will walk  around , stay outside.  Would be great if you could buddy-up one AI member to follow you into locations.

I am almost certain this is an issue on my end, but I'm wondering if perhaps there is a fix. My issue is that while it works in general, sometimes it is extremely slow to load things up, such as the tablet taking 10 seconds or so to pop up, or my character will take a good 20-30 seconds to say the new formation if using Ctrl+F, which of course means the AI soldiers will not change until that is said. 

On an empty map, or a map with next to no units it works quite well, although when used in a full mission, it slows down, even if FPS is good. This reason alone almost confirms my suspicions of a probable performance issue on my end, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a workaround? I know on a few other games there are ways to speed up things so there is no script lag.