IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

Glad to hear! I'd say the basic vehicles will get a simple spraypaint. Salvaged CSAT or EUROFORCE tech will keep its pattern but might get some details. Like a sprayed black star symbol or some damaged parts. (Recently found a nice set of bullethole brushes.) Their own heavier vehicles will probably feature own patterns we'll see. It should be an improvised force and thus their equipment doesn't really follow a certain paradigm. Also, it's mostly still concept hence things will change.^^

Seems to be interesting. But in the end I prefere EUROFORCE (dont like purple uniforms of police---> MPs are better:D).

Is there a direct connection between them and EUROFORCE? Opfor and Blufor?

Edited by reforger

More like GREENFOR and BLUFOR.^^ They, as well the planned CSAT units, will take part in my next planned SP project. However, that's far in the future, I don't want to raise any expectations yet. If I have to cancel development on the new campaign for whatever reason I might just release these units on their own. It will rely on user made maps / AiA (that is if BI doesn't come up with a snowy terrain for the expansion). My biggest fear is, since the future of AiA is uncertain, that at some point these old or new user made maps relying on AiA won't work anymore and months of development go down the toilet. That's why I'm afraid to kick off actual production of the campaign (even if I started with a first intro mission already). I have enough Arma work queued anyway. :)

Good to hear that you will continue your work in the community for a long time. But I dont think that AiA will end. Too many players and clans use it. And in case of emergency we still have A3MP.

So keep up the great work.

Edited by reforger

Thanks, my strategy for now is to pre-produce assets like the EUROFORCE units and start working on intro stuff taking place on the vanilla islands as well as developing the story line, characters etc. I hope BI will release more details about the expansion terrain soon; I'd just need a rough idea about where it's going, if it'll be desert, woodland, jungle - whatever. I need a snowy woodland scheme and my current favourite is Helvantis. However, it requires AiA, has a few repetitive ground textures and could use a bit more snow for my taste. Still, it's a pretty cool island with some awesome locations (like the bombed village ruins) or the bridges across the river. Lots of potential for cool missions.

In other news I've reworked the dirt patterns for vehicles because I felt they were too much and too ugly. Changed it for lighter dust, looks better now. I'll upload some pics when I'm at my gaming machine again.

Heya, just made up some custom signs. Below are also screenshots of vehicles with the reworked dirt layer. I find it much better now. Quality of the images might have suffered as I'm currently working on my low-level laptop:

2015-02-20_00001ezrfu.jpg 2015-02-20_00002uooxf.jpg 2015-02-20_00003u3q8q.jpg 2015-02-20_000047zr09.jpg 2015-02-20_00005xwqds.jpg 2015-02-20_00006kspjv.jpg

Oh, and if someone cares the six flags on the signs show the founding countries of the European Coal and Steel Community, the very first predecessor of the European Union. From left to right: Belgium, (West) Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

Good job on the vehicles they really look awesome ! Also nice one adding the national flags to your custom signs, something that I would love to see in some way added to the uniforms and vehicles as well. Maybe providing additional patches inspired by the Franco/German Brigade, the German/Dutch Corps or the Multinational Corps Northeast...just more fictional, fitting the Armaverse setting. In this case...do you plan to add more countries (lorewise) to be part of the Euroforce ?

keep it up

Glad you like them! I'd love to give every soldier a custom flag patch but that would be at least 28 * 6 uniform textures. (If we'd assume the 28 current states of the European Union as base and for all six unit camo types.) Could be possible as unit insignia though. I already have some kind of rank insignias but they don't really look good, I might add some country flags and see if it looks any better. As said, currently the EU countries form the base of this force. Might add today's candidates Iceland, Bosnia, Serbia etc. or even Turkey and Norway, considering the CSAT thread.

I think you should add Great Britain (hopefully they dont want to exit the EU a second time). It is a big country with many military missions and a powerful army. As a european NATO-Member they should not be missed.

I could swear GB was part of the ECSC until I double checked. But yes, I might change these six flags to the five or six biggest European countries. So France, GB, Germany, Italy, Spain?, Poland? All 28 member flags would exceed the sign I'm afraid.^^ And honestly, who cares about Luxembourg? There are like more German and French people working in that country than actual citizens. :P

And on the EU in general: I sometimes have the feeling the EU commission tries hard to destroy itself. m) I really fancy the idea of the Union but in its current state it needs to be reformed so badly. :/

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

I've changed the flags to the EU flag and the ones of the five biggest countries (measured by population), namely Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy and Spain:

2015-02-20_00007jwrj7.jpg

Amazing work, congrats!!!

I go to use them right now, I personally like the Leopard retexturing.

Many thanks.

Thanks, unfortunately the Leos are not in the pulished version yet. (In fact, most of what is shown in the recent images isn't.) It'll come with the next update. I want to gather all stuff before pushing it out. It's grown to 250MB now, still increasing. So I don't want people to have to download a new version every other day.^^

One little proposal (I know I have many proposals:rolleyes:) for the next update: The loadout for the wolfs should be better. Only one medipack and two pistol magazines for a SF-Operator isnt very much. A SF-Squad have to be self-sufficient. So if the medic is dead the other players could have a problem.

Wolfpack equipment is inherited from the standard recon loadout.^^ I'll take a look again but apart from vests I haven't changed much.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Just spend way too much of my free time to create 38 unit insignias with country flags. They're compiled of the 28 EU states plus extra flags for England, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Iceland, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania and FYROM. Not perfect yet, even with the brightness and contrast turned down they're a bit too shiny. But well, it's something.^^

2015-02-20_00008p3p1p.jpg 2015-02-20_00009hhqjy.jpg 2015-02-20_00010ulpal.jpg 2015-02-20_00011c4okg.jpg

Edited by IndeedPete

YES :yay:...being able to create units from different countries will add so much more depth..sending a Uk/Norwegian team to rescue a pinned down Spanish MP patrol...stuff like that...

This Mod is getting better and better. I'm going to suggest this to my group as their standard infantry. (Would fit quiet well, we are international! xD)

Thanks guys, glad to hear!

By default, nationalities are assigned randomly when a unit spawns but you will be able to define it in a unit's init:

// For single word countries
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Germany"];
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Norway"];

// Or for multiple word countries
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "United_Kingdom"];
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Bosnia_And_Herzegovina"];

I'll attach a list of supported countries and their keys on release. I'm working hard to get something releasable. Still need to re-tex the NATO vehicles, finish up the showcase and catalogue all classnames to enable Zeus support. Watch this space!

Awesome work, matey! :D Looking forward to the release!

Thanks guys!

Made some progress with the textures, did quadbikes, Hunters and HEMTTs recently:

2015-02-23_00001q2keg.jpg 2015-02-23_00002s6k9o.jpg 2015-02-23_00003j4k2b.jpg 2015-02-23_00004ztku1.jpg 2015-02-23_000054fkne.jpg

Very nice !! One thing though ..I think the Desert camo could be a bit more different from the Altis camo. Maybe less green and instead a bit more sand/brown colours...but that"s just minor :)

keep going..can't wait

Could be possible. Though the desert colours are derived from a US desert camo. However, it's always a good idea to place them in actual terrain, colours might differ in the artificial environment of the VR map.^^

Re-texed the rest of the NATO vehicles. Also gave the flag patches an overhaul. Though they still need some attention to actually look good on T-Shirt uniforms:

2015-02-24_00008b4uxr.jpg 2015-02-25_00001qwu5s.jpg 2015-02-25_000020rui6.jpg 2015-02-25_00003g6u7a.jpg 2015-02-25_000042yuec.jpg 2015-02-25_00005ezuz4.jpg 2015-02-25_000065julo.jpg 2015-02-25_00007a4uc5.jpg 2015-02-25_00008gbuli.jpg

looking very nice!

haven't read the whole thread, but are you open to 3rd party addons? the newly released NH90 and Dingo would come to mind in that respect.

btw, can't wait for release :)