Sign in to follow this  
robbya

well, goodbye BIS

(I did post this previously in this forum, but somehow, it was moved to the Arma 2 one...probably my own stupid fault...but I wanted my views shared here.)

You can see the community response to my issue here as well: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187458-well-goodbye-BIS )

Well this is the end.

I have played BIS games since Arma 2 came out (look at my join date). I had 610 Hours logged on arma 3 and then I got a global ban. I never cheated (why would I after 600 hours - obviously this is a game I loved?) and Battleye never replied to my requests for help. I posted a forum discussion on Steam explaining my frustration with BattlEye which the forum mod Dwarden kept deleting and he then banned me - he laughingly PM'd me to advise he didn't delete it but moved it to the sub topic "trash bin" so I then posted my concerns on the BIS forum. Dwarden came in here and closed that thread as well.

So initially my frustration was with Battleye but now BIS can join the ranks of those I have had enough of.

People can't seem to get their head around the fact that some of us are falsely banned - I don't like being called a cheat when I am not.

So here it is. Battleye is shite - they ban people and then never explain why - that is akin to calling someone a thief and then not showing evidence. BIS at least do respond to you - but this censorship makes me sick - and yes, moving threads to the trash bin is censorship dwarden - especially when the comments made are fair.

So that is it. I have asked steam to delete all BIS games (Arma 2, Arma 3 and DayzSA) from my steam account and no more will be added, ever - I know you don't care what one player does, but you know what? - for every one vocal, annoyed customer there are 10 others who simply go away.

Bye.

Edited by robbya

looser!

Lets toast to this! more cheaters gone is good.

" for every one vocal, annoyed customer there are 10 others who simply go away. " proof?

Chances are, as it's been stated in the BattleEye thread, you would not have been globally banned unless some kind of cheat was initiated, or you had your credentials stolen. All I can say to that is, no evidence that you haven't cheated has been given, and well, BattleEye has the initiative from the start. Talking to BIS is also pointless, they don't deal with with BattleEye issues, and if you had read that thread, you probably wouldn't have annoyed The Dev's with something clearly stated they can provide no help with. Arma 3 is a great game, but GG mate. Either get a new key, follow through with BattleEye Help, or fair well.

wonderful to the last....well...a reverse of my previous statement: I do hope it happens to you as well...

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

looser!

Lets toast to this! more cheaters gone is good.

" for every one vocal, annoyed customer there are 10 others who simply go away. " proof?

You tit. Probably too young to toast with anything stronger than milk. I pray to the gods this happens to you as well.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

no evidence that YOU haven't cheated has been given either.... what is that supposed to mean buddy?

I KNOW BIS doe s not deal with BE issues but BE is an integral part of the product - BIS have a responsibility in that regard.

It is fairly straight forward.....all i want is a REPLY FROM THEIR PARTNER AS TOO HOW I WAS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT A F ****NG CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The police removed my driving license while driving a BMW so, I'll spam and flamebait people at BMW official forums..."

Not logic mate.

As far as I can recall these threads were very common when dayz got popular back in the day.

All these special snowflakes showing up, stating they got "mistakenly" banned.

Still worth a chuckle.

All I can say to that is, no evidence that you haven't cheated has been given, and well, BattleEye has the initiative from the start.

What kind of evidence that he didn't cheat did you have in mind?

Edited by roshnak

And speaking of cheats... there's been a rash of script-monkeys hitting servers lately. F*#king 'tards!

What kind of evidence that he didn't cheat did you have in mind?

Not exactly sure, but just a bland "it was a mistake, I never cheated ever, ever ever, so please un ban me" isn't quite enough. There have probably been hundreds of people who have said the same in the past. Bottom line however, I find it hard seeing he was banned by Battle Eye out of the blue for simply playing the game. I got on and play Arma 3 almost every day. Haven't been mistakenly banned by Battle Eye as of yet.

Lots of people making lots of assumptions based on nothing.

All I can say to that is, no evidence that you haven't cheated has been given, and well.

In both US courts, as well as courts in my country, Norway, you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. Evidence of guilt is not hidden or assumed by the prosecutor - unless you're living in an oppressive dictatorship with a failed justice system. When did people become so accepting of self-appointed authorities? The burden of proof is a universal concept, and rests on the shoulders of the prosecutor.. apropos that.

Talking to BIS is also pointless, they don't deal with with BattleEye issues.

So a company sells a product, primarily advertising it as a multiplayer experience, then hires a third party to secretly exclude people from this service without providing evidence as to why they were banned. Users flock to the community and report that they've been wrongfully excluded. The community mocks and condemns these people as guilty without seeing proof.

...ever heard of the Stasi, or Cheka?

And speaking of cheats... there's been a rash of script-monkeys hitting servers lately. F*#king 'tards!

Sure. I can't even play the map I've spent a month making, with my friends, because random script idiots join it and ruin the server. It pisses me off, but I don't automatically assume that people accused of cheating are guilty, and I also don't become prejudiced against people without proof. Not accusing you of it, but some people in this thread..

Edited by InfantryChild

In both US courts, as well as courts in my country, Norway, you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. Evidence of guilt is not hidden or assumed by the prosecutor - unless you're living in an oppressive dictatorship with a failed justice system. When did people become so accepting of self-appointed authorities? The burden of proof is a universal concept, and rests on the shoulders of the prosecutor.. apropos that.

That's not entirely true, it depends about who and what kind of rules/laws we are talking about.

In any case, he was banned by BattlEye, which is an automatized system. So something he did triggered the action.

So it's up to him to contact BattlEye and solve it.

BI devs are not involved, and have already told him to stop spamming in these forums.

As I said before, if the police removes your driving license because they say you were speeding with your BMW, makes no sense to go to BMW forums and complain about it.

Edited by MistyRonin

That's not entirely true, it depends about who and what kind of rules/laws we are talking about.

In any case, he was banned by BattlEye, which is an automatized system. So something he did triggered the action.

So it's up to him to contact BattlEye and solve it.

BI devs are not involved, and have already told him to stop spamming in these forums.

As I said before, if the police removes your driving license because they say you were speeding with your BMW, makes no sense to go to BMW forums and complain about it.

Sure, with the parameters that have been set, I'd agree with you, IF his goal was to get his account back. I think we all know that's not his real intention, and that he's here simply to cause an uproar and get sympathy, neither of which I support.

I have a masters in law and I don't know of any such law applying to regular citizens, but you may be right. The only such laws I can think of from your country of Finland are laws that apply to commando units (which Finland has a very respectable number of), where no evidence has to be provided before a sentence, and no one outside of the government has insight into potential laws broken by these citizens.. Anyway, I think my analogy stands.

To clarify, I wasn't criticising BI for making profitable choices, I was criticising the people in this thread for their hostile reptilian response to the OP, without knowing any of the details. Street courts scare me.

Edited by InfantryChild

Sucks if you really are innocent, and they banned you. Really feel for ya. But as ronin said something had to trigger it. What is it you expect us to do? Why do you continue to create these threads when you were told to stop? Its these very actions that don't surprise us that you were banned from something, just saying. You say they have no evidence, well true or not it makes no difference to us. We have no proof that anything your ranting about is true or not, so if your looking for a shoulder to cry on then I'm sorry man, but your in the wrong place.

Again you may or may not be to blame, we don't know. But its very hard to see BE giving you a global ban for nothing at all, when so many others out there walk the line and have had no big issues

But its very hard to see BE giving you a global ban for nothing at all, when so many others out there walk the line and have had no big issues

Surely you understand how this is an incredibly flawed line of thought?

"The police removed my driving license while driving a BMW so, I'll spam and flamebait people at BMW official forums..."

Not logic mate.

The police would tell you what you did. BE has not.

The police would tell you what you did. BE has not.

And all of the complaining in this forum is not going to change that.

The fact that BE did ban him is technically proof that he's guilty. It's just as proof as using a calculator to verify that 2 + 2 = 4. It's a program, it takes inputs and gives outputs. How could you provide more proof? Show the program's source code? Anti-cheat programs are designed to give false negatives, not false positives (unlike anti-virus programs) because obviously false bans should be avoided at all costs. BE has nothing to gain from "secretly" banning innocent people for the hell of it; it could only hurt their reputation.

But this thread is completely useless anyway.

I got banned from BF3 back in the day....falsely i might add.Punkbuster issued me a perma ban for nothing.Needless to say i was shocked as nothing enters my pc that isnt essential as i like it well maintained.And i dont see hacks as needed or essential...

They did overturn the ban and apoligiesed and realised it was a mistake,however during my downtime from bf3 multiplayer i i decided to look for another "FPS"

Stumbled onto arma 3 and what do you know....Love at first sight.FPS got thrown out the window,and a literal world (or many islands) of oppertunity was put infront of me.2D editor,mods,scripting,customizing,freedom and creation.

For me coming from EAs BF3,i can say BIS does a great job,fantastic in most respects to customers and their license.

Battleye.....i wouldntknow as i never play MP,Arma SP has it all minus frustrations.

So OP,perhaps being banned is blessing in disguise,you can move on and find a less mature game to suit your less mature attitude and crying nature.

I hear theres another annual COD just released recently

Have fun

I`ve been playing BI games since Arma 2 came out, I`ve never heard of someone being banned randomly or for nothing. I really doubt BE is not giving you any cooperation, because I had an issue with my A2 cd-key that was being used by someone from Germany (probably someone hacked it off me somewhere - famous era of Dayz which I never touched). I sent a polite message to BE, they replied in a day or two, asking to give them some info. My issue was resolved in a week (especially due to many similar requests being sent to BE).

So don`t blame BE for being ignorant, it`s probably your messages being sent to them (deducted from your post on here). On the other hand, as it was stated a couple of times, BI has NOTHING to do with BE bans. Either contact BE politely again or stop complaining and find something else to play (and complain about).

Well bans do carry over between Arma 2 - Arma 3 - DayZ so you can get banned from Arma 3 if you've cheated on those other games. It wouldn't be first time fro BE to false ban. Wasn't there a false ban wave in Arma 2 when DayZ was pretty popular?

Good luck if you didn't cheat.

OK that's enough. BE will decide whether he cheated or not so let's keep our assumptions to ourselves.