firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The changelog said there is a CAS version F-16C,but I can find it in zeus.How to add a CAS one by using Zeus or MCC?

The changelog said there is a CAS version F-16C,but I can find it in zeus.How to add a CAS one by using Zeus or MCC?

cas2 preset is only use for setvariable or loadout dialog.

not any cas version on unit category,because i don't like of some F-16C Fighting Falcon(CAS) in unit category.

but if you using mcc, you can use of fir_fnc_f16_setloadout function. i'm already test with zeus in mcc(i'm not sure working with vanilla zeus)

Wooo! Everyone's using a loadout editor these days it seems...love it.

Also sharp model! Love the way the lighting bends around the frame like the real thing, nice to see that sexy highlight curve along the extended leading edge.

Edited by NodUnit

I would still like to see an object modifier in the modules section of the editor like the F-18 series. Would that be possible ?

I would still like to see an object modifier in the modules section of the editor like the F-18 series. Would that be possible ?

that is research for now. but i'm used of write function in init line.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I'm always make of NOT IMPORTANT Feature, but today WIP is top of Not Important feature, CBU-89/104 GATOR Mine System.

CBU-89/104 GATOR is use for Aircraft. CBU-89 is consist of 72 Anti-Tank Mine and 22 Anti-Personal Mine. total 94 mines in cluster.

how to use? just throw it.

2015-01-13_00005.jpg

CBU-89 GATOR (Freefall)

2015-01-13_00004.jpg

CBU-104 GATOR WCMD (Guided)

2015-01-13_00006.jpg

two GATOR cluster is make minefield like this, and more mines hide near. in airfield or city, is too easier to detect. but if drop of field or mountain, its very difficult to detect it.

Edited by firewill

No feature is useless ;)

Although the CBU cluster bombs are no longer dropped due to danger to the local civilians (unexploded bombs litter the battlefield)

Nice job on it

No feature is useless ;)

Although the CBU cluster bombs are no longer dropped due to danger to the local civilians (unexploded bombs litter the battlefield)

Nice job on it

What about the 97 or 105? the bomblets self destruct mid-air if they don't pick up a suitable IR signature.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

BTW, I've started messing around with the HUD/HMCS and noticed two things:

1- The area in the model where the HUD is supposed to be projected at is angled forwards (I know the glass is angled, image however should be projected in the infinite).

2- That same area should be a square and not a rectangle (still can be adjusted no problem through class MFD).

3- It's not simetrically centered (of big importance!).

http://i.imgur.com/wfyZftf.jpg (199 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/SBwQGsz.jpg (133 kB)

All depends on the weapons specs.

The treaty allows certain types of weapons with submunitions that do not have the indiscriminate area effects or pose the same unexploded ordnance risks as the prohibited weapons. These must contain no more than nine submunitions, and no submunition may weigh less than 4 kilograms (8.8 lb). Each submunition must have the capability to detect and engage a single target object and contain electronic self-destruct and self-deactivation devices.[8] Weapons containing submunitions which each weigh at least 20 kg (44 lb) are also excluded.[9] Australia, which supports the treaty, stated that the convention does not prohibit the SMArt 155 artillery shell that it has bought, which releases two self-guided self-destructing submunitions

In that case then, dropping CBU with mines is even more banned than just regular CBU's, say 87's?

Still, there are a bunch of countries that aren't party the UN Convention on Cluster Munitions and maintain their intent to be able to use them under "appropriate" circumstances as an area denial weapon in warfare.

The USA, Russia, China, Korea (North and South) etc. didn't sign on to the CCM, or the Ottawa Treaty on the use of landmines - so a GATOR-type munition is still employable as part of their arsenal if they found need for their use.

IIRC BIS rationalised their own decision to include sub-munition artillery shells (DPICM, AP mine etc.) in Arma 3 thusly. So I guess at least, Altis has been declared a legitimate battlefield for the employment of cluster munitions and landmines :|

Still, there are a bunch of countries that aren't party the UN Convention on Cluster Munitions and maintain their intent to be able to use them under "appropriate" circumstances as an area denial weapon in warfare.

The USA, Russia, China, Korea (North and South) etc. didn't sign on to the CCM, or the Ottawa Treaty on the use of landmines - so a GATOR-type munition is still employable as part of their arsenal if they found need for their use.

IIRC BIS rationalised their own decision to include sub-munition artillery shells (DPICM, AP mine etc.) in Arma 3 thusly. So I guess at least, Altis has been declared a legitimate battlefield for the employment of cluster munitions and landmines :|

I cant tell you how dangerous things got when both teams during a TvT match used mines munitions. This came about when the tanks were first released. The first thing people did was mine exits of enemy bases, not only that, but airfields, random roads, objectives, so now people can't cap objectives without getting blown up, and no one carried a mine detector. Hell, is what it was. =D

I cant tell you how dangerous things got when both teams during a TvT match used mines munitions. This came about when the tanks were first released. The first thing people did was mine exits of enemy bases, not only that, but airfields, random roads, objectives, so now people can't cap objectives without getting blown up, and no one carried a mine detector. Hell, is what it was. =D

yeah, GATOR is use for that. deploy mines from aircraft and interrupt of enemy advance.

Oh, hey, i got an example of what i was talking about a few pages back regarding vapor. Here is how it looks set up with the F/A-18X. Not sure ho JS got it to do this.

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539638154183371035/6E593EEE5DF16A197363F801D37B2EEC7059006B/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539638154183369939/E640E2A67C5A68A7C5221A96C66626E00F7DA2EC/

If the Vapor can be set up more near the upper fuselage of the F-16, near the center, just around the rear of the cockpit, it would look great. Real life example.

dsd_2617_dxo_raw.jpg

I love this F-16, thanks for making it, firewill!

There is a small problem with targeting open structures, like the hangars at Stratis airfield.

It looks like the target is being placed at ground level, which means that it becomes invisible from the air, because it is under cover from the hangar.

It's not a problem with normal buildings, only the large open structures, like hangars.

Any way you can place the target on the roof on those types of structures or is that an Arma limitation?

I love this F-16, thanks for making it, firewill!

There is a small problem with targeting open structures, like the hangars at Stratis airfield.

It looks like the target is being placed at ground level, which means that it becomes invisible from the air, because it is under cover from the hangar.

It's not a problem with normal buildings, only the large open structures, like hangars.

Any way you can place the target on the roof on those types of structures or is that an Arma limitation?

thanks the notice, i will check out.

Hi, sry for the noob question, but can someone please explain me how to change the loadout of the plane? i saw some post about a "loadout editor" but idk where is it... im only familiar with that "service menu" thingy from F/A-18. Maybe here we got something similar but i cant find it, sry :(

EDIT:

Never mind... i saw the readme file, now i know that i need to edit the mission where i want to use the F-16 and add one "missile carrier" . TY!

Awesome mod !!!

Edited by mith86arg

Hi firewill, have you a plan to make the D version?

Hi firewill, have you a plan to make the D version?

Sorry, i'm not considering about D version right now.

Next Update is Jan-25

Update List

- Add GATOR Mine System

- Adjust Body vapor position

- Add USAF Aggressor Skin made by DarkSideSixOfficial(thanks the gave me of skin)

- SEAD Scan System is now Finding of RHS Mod Russian Radar Installation and Vehicle(ZSU-4-23,P-37 Radar,PRV-13 Radar,Kungs truck trailer radar)

Sorry, i'm not considering about D version right now.

Next Update is Jan-25

Update List

- Add GATOR Mine System

- Adjust Body vapor position

- Add USAF Aggressor Skin made by DarkSideSixOfficial(thanks the gave me of skin)

- SEAD Scan System is now Finding of RHS Mod Russian Radar Installation and Vehicle(ZSU-4-23,P-37 Radar,PRV-13 Radar,Kungs truck trailer radar)

Waiting for the update ;)

New mod v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@firewill;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.