Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Will you buy unofficial expanition pack?

Are you ready to buy high-quality expanition pack like Resistance with new vehicles, island, campaign, sound and multiplayer missions?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 25 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">depends the quality.<span id='postcolor'>

same here

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 25 2002,10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 25 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">depends the quality.<span id='postcolor'>

same here<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but with games, like movies, you are often stuck with them one you try em(buy). Maybe some good reviews can warn you of a poor expansion or movie.

well some already paid for the 'between the lines' campaign, so I guess people would.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Sep. 25 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well some already paid for the 'between the lines' campaign<span id='postcolor'>

But many didn't.

You could always send me a complimentary copy for a review. Add $50 for a 5 star writeup. tounge.gif

I'd buy it, if it was any good. But to be that it'd have to be better than Resistance which i don't think would happen.

What's the situation with Behind the lines anyway? Are they allowed to sell it? I read a review in PCGamer (Great Mag Thumbsups.gif) and they say it sucks, and that you get better missions of the net. Sheesh! tounge.gif

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 25 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd buy it, if it was any good. But to be that it'd have to be better than Resistance which i don't think would happen.

What's the situation with Behind the lines anyway? Are they allowed to sell it? I read a review in PCGamer (Great Mag Thumbsups.gif) and they say it sucks, and that you get better missions of the net. Sheesh!  tounge.gif

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

There is a demo of it, and the missions were not great. You can download better campaigns for free.

If someone released a whole expansion like Resistance, with high quality addons and missions I might pay for it.

Considering that (as far as I know) the O2 Light license agreement doesnt allow you to sell any work made with it, the expansion pack wouldnt have any new models... So I very much doubt that I would buy it.

If it's endorsed by Bis I'll buy it, if it's some illegal rip off shit like BTL then I won't buy it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 25 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it's endorsed by Bis I'll buy it, if it's some illegal rip off like BTL then I won't buy it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Placebo, what if:

1. It's NOT endorsed by BIS or CM

2. It's not illegal (I do not believe that BTL is illegal)

3. It's good.

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 25 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Simple, I won't buy it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Suture self. biggrin.gif

Where can I find info for the "Between the Lines" campaign?

Also, where on earth is the Resistance patch we're all waiting for...?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Prof.Wizard @ Sep. 25 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, where on earth is the Resistance patch we're all waiting for...?!<span id='postcolor'>

It's coming, be patient.

Look in Avon's FAQ for info about BTL.

Nope, I wouldn't smile.gif

The main reason why I bought Resistance in the first place was to support BIS.

I think there is already alot of really nice add-ons/campaigns available for free...it might be hard to get people to fork out cash for them. It would have to be one kickin' expansion with tons of great stuff in it to get folks to pay for it.

the best campaign so far are from bis so I dont think I'd pay for a nu one but just get those free ones smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 25 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 25 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">depends the quality.<span id='postcolor'>

same here<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto.

Although, I should add, it would have to be a pretty darn impressive one for me to pay for it.

Unless the makers have put some serious time into it, I think they are pretty cheeky to expect people to pay, especially with the high quality of some of the free stuff coming out.

If an unofficial commerical "expansion pack" would sport quality and features that couldn´t be achived by the modding community that is working on a free distribution basis, i would buy it, doesn´t matter if authorized by BIS or not.

To top the quality that some community addons feature however, you´d have to be an extremly capable artist and knowledgeable on the subject.

I´ve seen addons on a free basis that exceed the work of commercial software done by "professionals" by far.

Apart from that i´m all against making addons liable for costs, as it´s against the principle most addon creators work for, it´s done not so much with the community in mind, but rather the buck.

I would hope that a good mod would be free.

But if a mod strayed from the EAST vs WEST formula, and was to my tastes then I would buy it. If nothing else I'd send a few bucks to the makers to show my appreciation for what they had done. You can only rehash OFP a few times and expect people to pay for it.

Hopes BIS doesn't make a OFP game from the civilian point of view.