laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

I think from all sound mods available, this one is....best in terms of balance. Cant wait to play with it!

I've always been a fan of your work, thanks for this latest must have mod.  :)

However I'm getting slightly confused as to what the best combination of sound mods is for SP and MP, whilst utilising the RHS mods too with current era weapons and vehicles.

I'm now currently using JSRS 2.2 (Works both SP and MP)

LAxemann Enhanced Soundscape

LAxemann DynaSound - Sonic Cracks Standalone

Whilst I have JSRS 3.0 AKA DragonFyre, it apparently only works in SP and with the changes BI have made to their own sounds recently I don't know if I should be using BI sounds with your two mods and ditch JSRS 2.2 or use 3.0 instead or neither?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks  :unsure:

Actually i cant play without JSRS, i just cant imagine gameplay without this. Its just boring game with flat sounds - that all in sound topic. Now i will use full JSRS 3 (i used LITE beacuse of low fps) as i found solution to my fps problem. Still waiting for Dyna-sound and just cant wait.

Haha yea, im playing arma3 just for 1 year but was always using JSRS/SOS. Servers where i play very often denied those mods because of incompatibility with latest BIS updates so last months im playing with vanilla sounds and my ears are bleeding.

Thats reason why im so horny about Dynasound !  :ph34r:  :D

It looks like it will not be released so soon as i thought  -_-

Been a bit quiet around here, let's change that with some all new explosion sounds!

• Like 2

At 1:13 I actually had to say "God damn" out loud.  Fucking nice work.

At 1:13 I actually had to say "God damn" out loud.  Fucking nice work.

All of my friends did, incl. me  ;) I even dont know anyone who dont like this mod.

Just finished the close 155mm explosions.

There we go~

• Like 4

Wow, awesome. I had volume pretty high, was listening to distance shots and then, it scared shit out of me  :D

Love the sounds of bombs from A-10, but artillery explosions should be little louder..... And this crack sound on explosion sound start ? ;)
Here is bit low quality, i'll try to get better movie :
minute 7,

Like this one :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TBl9cwanbI

And on far distance, 5 minute :

In complete awe. Great sounds. Really captures the initial crack as good as you can within a game. Really missing my distance sounds too atm. Can't wait till release!!

On to the suppressed sounds:

• Like 5

I have to play Red Orchestra while waiting on DS. Cant play on vanilla sounds, its simply terrible.... :mellow:

• Like 1

Aight guys,

I'm about to start working in a new job alongside university which will be fairly time-consuming.

My initial plan of releasing the mod before starting all this didn't work out, so it might become a bit quiet around DynaSound for 2-3 weeks.

This being said, I've covered all smallarms (except for the DLC ones) and most of the heavier weapons aswell, oh, and new explosions are in place, too.

Performance is even better than expected and the few hidden testers out there are giving great feedback, so the release should not be toooo far ahead now - for realz.

Before I'm off modding for a bit, here are two things I wanted to tell/ show you:

The first release will cover all weapons except for the DLC ones, this included explosions caused by weapons, too.

Stuff like vehicle explosions will be added later. Or maybe I do them in-between and they make it into the first release, dunno.

The current size of the mod is ~800MB, I guess the first release will be around 1gig, maybe a bit less.

Second thing:

I wanted to leave some new stuff here, too. Enjoy!

LAxe

• Like 6

Best of luck with your new endeavours and thanks for all your hard work!

Lax, I'm really looking forward to the initial release. I want to ask you if you will include incoming Artillery sounds for mortars and heavy self propelled guns? It would be great to have unique incoming sounds for HE, AP, smoke and submunitions. I'm planning on releasing my own sound mod based on your framework. My custom sounds are ready to go just need just need your configs to bring it to life.

Thx again for your efforts and I hope we will see Dynasound very soon.

man. this is so impressive. this is the most well balanced and dynamic sound environment i've seen in arma. nothing sounds weird or out of place or just like a sound being played.

• Like 1